PDA

View Full Version : 5e campaign Sunday night Eastern Time Zone

chrisiav
December 22nd, 2015, 17:57
FG License: DM has ultimate license with PHB, DMG and MM
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
Day of week and time: Sunday starting at 4pm; One Sunday a month, right now planning on 1st Sunday but that's flexible.
If new game, planned start date: 1/3/16
Planned Frequency: once a month
Term: Long Term. Will be set in same homebrew world that TT group has been playing in for over 3 yrs

Text or Voice: Mostly text. Voice via Skype. Players are expected to keep mic on mute unless they want to say something.
Voice software used: Skype

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: I Have 2 possibly 3 players, need 2 more
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level.
Character restrictions: Core races. Dwarves and Elves are extremely rare. In fact, in certain parts of the world, dwarves are arrested as war criminals. So, I would appreciate a good backstory for your PC if you wish to play a dwarf or elf.

Details of your scenario:

The FG game will run in the same homebrew campaign world but in a different area than where my TT players presently roam. I do, however, envision that the actions of both parties could affect the happenings in the other group's corner of the world. I have some experience with FG as both a player and DM, though admittedly I'm still learning.

The FG game will start out as level one. You are a slave/captive laborer in an Orc work camp in an area known as the Black Waste. The Waste is a buffer of lawlessness between two relatively civilized nations. A chance to escape presents itself and you race against recapture or worse to reach a safer haven. The first order of business will be to survive.

If interested, send me a private message. Most of the info will be disseminated through a private Facebook group-updates, summaries, campaign info, etc. So having a FB account will be extremely useful.

I have many years of experience as a DM and a player with every edition other than 3 & 3.5. I run a pretty laid back game (at least I think so) which I try to make very story driven and sandboxy. Given the constraints of the online nature of FG, sandbox is a ibt more limited than I like but I still try to keep the game off rails.I like quirky characters and try to reward PCs that might not have great stats or limit themselves in some way so that you don't get left behind by anyone that enjoys min/maxing.

DMHERETIC
December 22nd, 2015, 22:02
this sounds great!!! Sign me up!!! im thinking about playing a Sorcerer. Would a Half-elf be acceptable?

chrisiav
December 24th, 2015, 12:47
bump

Broba Fett
December 24th, 2015, 13:54
I'm wondering if I could join your merry band of slaves. I bought FG last night and have wanted to play pen and paper for quite some time.

chrisiav
December 24th, 2015, 18:14
Sure, Broba. We still have a spot or two open. If yuo have facebook, search for a group Fantasy Grounds Home Brew. Ask for an invite and I'll get you in.

Chris

Broba Fett
December 24th, 2015, 18:39
Thanks Chris, I've just sent a request. My name is James.