PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Goblin Guild (5E) One Shot. Wednesday 23rd December. 19.00 GMT.

Skellan
December 22nd, 2015, 05:24
When a monster is discovered on the grounds of the Pathfinder Lodge at Heidmarch Manor in Magnimar, an investigation into its appearance leads the PCs deep under the City of Monuments—and face to face with a burgeoning thieves’ guild.

FG License: Ultimate license, so its free for anyone to play.
Game System: 5E

Time Zone: GMT (UTC)
Day of week and time: Wednesday 23rd December. 19.00 GMT. In future, I will run other scenarios whenever I have time. They will most likely be GMT friendly times but could be on any day. I aim to run something at least fortnightly.

Planned Frequency: This scenario will be completed in one session (approx. 4 hours)
Term: I will run more scenarios in future so you will be able to level up and play your character again.

Text or Voice: Voice, though I like players to use chat for descriptions and banter etc.
Voice software used: Teamspeak 3. Teamspeak: ts.fg-con.com Password: Dungeoneers

Roleplay & Combat mix: This one is combat heavy, though I encourage everyone to roleplay their characters
Number of Players in game & needed: 3 to 5
New character starting level & equipment: Characters start at level 1.
You can pick any of the pre gens that are built using the Players Handbook on this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27296-Guides-videos-and-other-helpful-information
While your character is level 1-4 you can rebuild at anytime, transferring xp and loot to your new character. You can't do this once you hit level 5 though.
Alternatively, you can make a character from scratch. New characters are built using 27 point buy and only use options from the players handbook please.
Character restrictions: Only use content from the players handbook. No evil alignments please.

You will play a member of the pathfinder society, a large organisation of explorers and loreseekers. In each scenario you will be given a mission to complete, you will be paid a flat rate in gold for your services, plus any loot that isn't the mission objective. Loot will be sold and the money divided equally between the characters. Magic items will be assigned in a similar fashion to how the adventurer's league does it.

You will need to work as a team to complete the missions. This is a team game so no killing each other. Play nice, I just want this to be fun.

New players are welcome, though please familiarize yourself with the basics of FG and 5E. This thread is really useful https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27296-Guides-videos-and-other-helpful-information

If you want to play, please sign up on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1745) and post below to confirm the character you would like to play.

daemonos
December 22nd, 2015, 08:01
Maybe i will join in but i will know later, need to arrange some real life things first.

Count me in, if something changes then i'll let you know! :)

Monkn
December 22nd, 2015, 10:55
Ru'ma is ready for his next mission

daemonos
December 22nd, 2015, 10:56
Ru'ma is ready for his next mission

oooohhhhh i love that!! :) Or maybe i will play a Dwarf again? (if you liked the way i play him)

nooo... i can't withought him... im gonna play him again!

Monkn
December 22nd, 2015, 11:06
play what you want the idea is to have fun

M00g
December 22nd, 2015, 18:01
If I may join, I've created a Wood-Elf Ranger, Ryul Valoria and he'd be happy to lend his bow to the party.

Skellan
December 22nd, 2015, 21:29
Looks like we have a full group. Please let me know beforehand if you can't make the session so I can give your spot to someone else.
I am looking forward to this one, its a fun scenario

Skellan
December 22nd, 2015, 21:37
Please note, we are only using the players handbook for character creation. So death domain cleric and deep gnomes aren't an option .
I might change this in future but I just want to keep things simple for now.

ffujita
December 22nd, 2015, 22:47
I've created a PHB Halfling Rogue, and I've signed up, as first alternate.

pbexxx
December 23rd, 2015, 01:19
I Would love to play as a half-elf wild magic sorcerer :)

Monkn
December 23rd, 2015, 01:23
a trend i see alot....no healers poor Ru'ma good thing he hard to hit

Skellan
December 23rd, 2015, 10:01
Hi

This session looks to be full now with:
daemonos
Zook
Monkn
DePhule
M00g

In reserve:
ffujita
pbexxx

For the reserves, feel free to pop in ahead of the start of the session if you like in case we have any no shows

I'll leave the server up from now until game start in case anyone needs to make characters.

As there appears to be some overspill for this session, I will perhaps run it again very soon.

Zook
December 23rd, 2015, 16:26
May I ask are we all starting at level 1 or level 3?

Skellan
December 23rd, 2015, 16:39
Everyone starts at level one and you can gain experience as you complete quests. This will mean that there may be a couple of levels difference between characters. As we go on to more dangerous scenarios I will introduce a minimum average level requirement.

Skellan
December 23rd, 2015, 16:40
daemonos is actually level 2 at the moment so there's one level 3.

daemonos
December 23rd, 2015, 17:42
what time will you be up and running Skellan? (TeamSpeak and FG)

Skellan
December 23rd, 2015, 17:48
FG is up now (quiet turtle ugly dungeon)
I'll hop on TS about half an hour ahead. If anyone needs help with character creation please let me know before the game starts. There is always the option to play a pregen if you prefer.

M00g
December 23rd, 2015, 17:52
I've been trying since 4:30 to get on FG, keep getting "Could not connect to the host. Check the address and try again"

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

daemonos
December 23rd, 2015, 18:04
I've been trying since 4:30 to get on FG, keep getting "Could not connect to the host. Check the address and try again"

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Check firewall and port on your router

Zook
December 23rd, 2015, 18:07
May I ask is the server up i cant connect?

daemonos
December 23rd, 2015, 18:07
FG is up now (quiet turtle ugly dungeon)
I'll hop on TS about half an hour ahead. If anyone needs help with character creation please let me know before the game starts. There is always the option to play a pregen if you prefer.

I can not connect also mate.

M00g
December 23rd, 2015, 18:10
Check firewall and port on your router

Firewall isnt a problem, FG is allowed. Which port on my router? I never have any problems with any other online multiplayer games.

Skellan
December 23rd, 2015, 18:17
It was a problem from my side. I have turned everything off and on again (which fixes all known problems) so you will be able to connect now

ffujita
December 24th, 2015, 00:19
Thanks for a wonderful adventure.

Skellan
December 24th, 2015, 00:30
You're welcome. Thanks for playing, I had fun running it and particularly enjoyed the crispy bits.

I will prep something else and post it up as soon as its ready.

daemonos
December 24th, 2015, 07:05
AMAZING once again! very good job.

And for the record, was an amazing fun! --- Skellan please no more sticky bombs in your next session! ---

Monkn
December 24th, 2015, 08:20
For the record.....Ru'ma is not impressed by firebombs Ru'ma is not happy when his fellow party members try and sometime set him on fire.

Skellan
December 24th, 2015, 09:04
The bombs were hilarious :)

Anyway, not to fear, it'll be something else next time

Monkn
December 24th, 2015, 09:07
Why do I feel that you will now be trying to kill Ru'ma Just a off feeling you know

Skellan
December 24th, 2015, 09:14
Ha, while it is highly amusing to torment him, I am just an impartial arbiter of the universe :D

M00g
December 24th, 2015, 10:06
I had a blast (pun intended) yesterday, thanks for being so welcoming guys and thanks again to Skellan for a great adventure.

ffujita
December 24th, 2015, 19:45
Ha, while it is highly amusing to torment him, I am just an impartial arbiter of the universe :D

It was quite funny:

DM rolls critical hit on Ru'ma, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that."
DM rolls another crit, "I can't believe I did that. My apologies."

daemonos
December 24th, 2015, 22:34
Haha it was amazing! And I seriously believe those Goblins had trapped the sticky bombs to blow up on our hands! Haha poor Ru'ma was burned 2 times!

Rollo: I throw the sticky bomb! Don't worry I will not fail.
Ruma: you better don't

Rolls 1

Haha epic!

ffujita
December 24th, 2015, 22:54
If I recall correctly, Ru'ma was "on Fire" three times, once due to a direct Goblin hit, and twice due to party members failing their attack roll with a 1 or 2, and setting themselves on fire, and Ru'ma too, since he was standing next to them.

Skellan
December 24th, 2015, 23:14
To be fair, it just wasn't his day, it was hilarious. He was a good sport about it all though and he did it in style, he stood his ground and didn't fall once. That's a fighter who will go far (providing I stop rolling crits on him!).

Skellan
December 24th, 2015, 23:15
It was quite funny:

DM rolls critical hit on Ru'ma, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that."
DM rolls another crit, "I can't believe I did that. My apologies."

That's got to go on my signature...

daemonos
December 24th, 2015, 23:53
Haha indeed !

Monkn
December 25th, 2015, 01:44
I was so good at being set on fire that poor goblin peed his pants when my 7ft dragonborn who was on fire ran right at him. One of the few times I have light to see who I was trying to kill.

M00g
December 25th, 2015, 11:03
I need to get on your game and level up sometime Skellan if that's OK, I couldn't do it on the last game.

Zook
December 25th, 2015, 11:07
you could do it under manage characters if you have the PHB

daemonos
December 25th, 2015, 11:34
If you have phb. Few people have it I think. At least I don't and I level up and manage my characters every time I connect to the server (dm)

Skellan
December 25th, 2015, 12:48
I will put my server up later when I get back home

Couvs
December 25th, 2015, 23:37
Is this a one shot that you might run again sometime? I'd have loved to have gotten in on it last week but I was busy running errands that day

Skellan
December 26th, 2015, 00:15
Yeah, I will run this scenario and the others again sometime for people who missed them first time around. I have another scenario prepped for sometime next week and I am about half way through a second, so expect more in the near future.

lonelyear
December 27th, 2015, 16:54
I would like to join the party. I have played a Female half-elfin warrior in past, but I have never played online.

Skellan
December 27th, 2015, 23:09
Noted. I'll let you know when I next post a session