PDA

View Full Version : Can't install

rob2e
December 21st, 2015, 16:38
So I'm getting the pictured error..

Any ideas?

I have Windows 10, straight install, not using steam.

Zacchaeus
December 21st, 2015, 18:31
I'm guessing something's not right in your install folder. Try renaming it and updating again.

rob2e
December 21st, 2015, 18:33
Didn't work. I renamed Fantasy Grounds to Fantasy Ground.old and tried again. Nope.

rob2e
December 21st, 2015, 18:34
Side note: This email returns undelivered... lol

[email protected]

Zacchaeus
December 21st, 2015, 19:17
So, if you're not using Steam everything was bought from FG site; have you correctly entered your log in details in the settings?

rob2e
December 21st, 2015, 19:31
yes settings are correct with log in info and key

midas
December 21st, 2015, 19:39
You could try to install to a different folder. For example, I have a folder C:\LowSecurity and installed FG into C:\LowSecurity\Fantasy Grounds. Recent versions of Windows can get pretty heavy-handed with the security of the Program Files folders, so using an installation folder outside of that location can bypass those issues.

You can also try running Fantasy Grounds as an administrator (Right-click -> Run as administrator).

rob2e
December 21st, 2015, 19:45
did this exactly. ran as admin, changed install directory to c:\LowSecurity\Fantasy Grounds after creating such a directory. Still same error.

Zacchaeus
December 21st, 2015, 19:59
Try running the updaterengine.exe directly as admin; also try resetting your password and make sure that everything in settings (including your key) are exactly correct.

rob2e
December 21st, 2015, 20:04
LMAO!!! Dammit. I had the KEY in the Lite key space instead of the Full key code space.

<--- Idiot.

Although it seems there should somehow be a check sum for that to prevent this issue.

ThanX for your help. I would not have solved this without a second pair of eyes.

Zacchaeus
December 21st, 2015, 20:05
Nice work :)

Trenloe
December 21st, 2015, 20:59
Yeah, that error is a classic licence key issue - the DD Basic Rules DM Mod is the first "encrypted" content vault content to be downloaded, and if you don't have a valid licence key it can't create the content vault and so fails.