PDA

View Full Version : Question About License

Visigodo
February 17th, 2005, 21:23
I have a question about licenses as they are, as a software what i compare is de Full license as a server and the Lite license as a cliente, if i want to run a Campaign i need de Full license thats that one i got, but because this dont grant me any client licenses, what about if i decide to buy to Lite licenses to provide two players to join my campaign. I mean i just want them to use the two Lite License not that they possess them. I hope i just make my self clear.

Elric
February 17th, 2005, 23:52
Are you talking about 'floating' licenses where you pay for them yourself and anyone that doesn't have a license can join your game up to the number of licenses you purchased?

If so, FG isn't setup to do that (as far as I know) - all clients have to have their own individual license.

richvalle
February 18th, 2005, 00:52
Though there is nothing to stop you from buying the licences and giving it to them to your friends.

rv

Visigodo
February 18th, 2005, 11:34
Thats the problem i dont want to giving it to them :? Well back to zero point then. :(

Elric
February 18th, 2005, 11:42
That's one of the reasons I wish FG would (maybe) adopt the way that kLoOge.Werks does their licensing. I just bought a 4-Pack Multi-License which allows me to have 4 unlicensed clients connect to me to play. That means I can play with different groups of players and they don't have to pay for their own license.