PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ultimate License and gamemasters

Asalazar
December 20th, 2015, 17:28
Hello guys,

I would like to buy an ultimate license, and I see that it allows players to connect to my game even if they don't own a license, but this means I have to be the gamemaster all the time because I am the one that made the purchase? The explanation of the license says that you can "Run games as Gamemaster", but then am I tied to this role all the time? If I own this license can I host a game where one of my friends will be the gamemaster instead of me?

Thanks a lot for any help you may provide

JohnD
December 20th, 2015, 18:13
The host is the GM.

Valarian
December 20th, 2015, 18:51
If there are multiple GMs, the full license would probably suit better.

Zacchaeus
December 20th, 2015, 18:52
Welcome to the forums Asalazar

As JohnD says whoever 'hosts' the game will be the DM or GM. So if you are the only one with an Ultimate license then you will be the GM since you can't host a game if you have only a demo licence. If one or more of your friends have an ultimate or full licence then they could host the game and be the GM. However only one demo license can join in a game hosted by a full license.

There is an option on Steam where you can buy 4 full licences for approximately the same as an ultimate licence and gift three of them to three friends. I mention this just as another option.

Trenloe
December 20th, 2015, 19:11
However only one demo license can join in a game hosted by a full license.
Just to be clear here - if a free licence joins a game ran by a full licence then that game switches to demo mode and only that free licence connects, if a full/ultimate is already connected the free player will be unable to connect. If any full/ultimate players connect the game will drop from demo mode and the free licence will be kicked off. This is to all a full GM to demo fully their campaign/s to a single free license only (one player only). It does not allow a free licence to join a game with other players - you need an ultimate licence for that.

Zacchaeus
December 20th, 2015, 23:00
Just to be clear here - if a free licence joins a game ran by a full licence then that game switches to demo mode and only that free licence connects, if a full/ultimate is already connected the free player will be unable to connect. If any full/ultimate players connect the game will drop from demo mode and the free licence will be kicked off. This is to all a full GM to demo fully their campaign/s to a single free license only (one player only). It does not allow a free licence to join a game with other players - you need an ultimate licence for that.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out Trenloe; I didn't fully appreciate all of that.