PDA

View Full Version : Effects the Complete Druid Package

Zacchaeus
December 20th, 2015, 15:22
Another short tutorial on setting up effects this time for the Druid Class. The file attached to this post contains a level 20 Druid with all of the effects in the actions tab. In order to get the best out of the character you should have access to the Player's Handbook or Core Class Pack to view the links. The notes below are meant to compliment the character. The Druid doesn't have many abilities that need an effect so the list is quite small.

A word on Spells: At the time of writing virtually every spell can be dragged and dropped into the actions tab and will create a suitable effect (if one is needed). The only things you will want to check are that the correct ability score is entered into the spell Power Group so that Saving Throw DCs and attack rolls are correctly computed, and that the duration of spells has been correctly updated in the effect.

Wild Shape – One of the big features of the Druid is of course they can morph into a beast of some kind; depending on level and the Circle chosen. How you deal with this within Fantasy Grounds will to a large extent inform how you use effects. You will find discussion on the pros and cons and a lot of good advice on the merits of each methods in the posts here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24754-Druid-Wild-Shape), here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26272-Druid-wildshape-attacks-and-effects) and here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25638-How-do-you-swap-stats-for-Druids-using-Wildshape).

Wild Shape – no effect but its use needs tracking

Land Druid
Land’s Stride – A save can’t be targeted against specific spell or spell effects so an effect is probably not needed here. However if used apply just before a save is needed in the circumstances described in the ability
Nature’s Sanctuary – Drag/drop will set up the effect
Natural Recovery – no effect but we need this to track usage.
Nature’s Ward – Disease isn’t a condition so can’t set up an effect for this which will do anything. The effect is therefore just a reminder.

Moon Druid
Combat Wild Shape – How you work this heal will depend on how you handle the Druid’s wild shape ability. If you use the full PC sheet then it can happily sit there as written. If you use some other method then you’ll need to adapt the effect. Note that you’ll need several lines to handle the different possible spell levels.
Primal Strike – Again how you handle wild shape will inform how you use this effect. If you use the full PC sheet then the effect isn’t needed since you can add the magic damage type to any damage done in the weapons section

Malicain
December 24th, 2015, 10:46
This is awesome. Any chance of doing this for other/all classes?

Sorry, I found your other posts. Thank you good sir for your most excellent works!!

zelannii
March 24th, 2021, 13:55
@zacchaeus are these being maintained anymore? The new druid classes especially require a lot of extra modules and even extensions. I've built out a low level Druid of the Stars and created the initial forms, would not be too hard to create the other abilities to share with you to at least add this new circle option. Some of the abilities unfortunately would require extensions to implement (starry dragon already has one out there, one of the circle of spores powers could be implemented using advanced effects package easily). Circle of Wildfire is trivial to implement.

Zacchaeus
March 24th, 2021, 14:28
I did the ones in Xanathar but I don't intend to do any for any of the other circles found in other books. There's too many of them now to keep up. And I don't use extensions and I wouldn't present something that needed extensions to work.

LordEntrails
March 26th, 2021, 04:59
I suspect if someone were to create (w/o extensions needed) the other druid circles Mr. Z would add them to those in the OP.