PDA

View Full Version : Completely New to Pen and Paper

TimmyB
December 20th, 2015, 10:51
Looking for a group to play with, I'm completely new to Pen & Paper but I've always been interested in trying. If there are any groups that need a player and are okay with dealing with a newbie please get in touch with me. You can contact me either by Skype or E-mail. I'm primarily available Saturdays EST.

Mask_of_winter
December 20th, 2015, 10:58
Welcome! You're about to embark on an incredible journey ;)

TimmyB
December 20th, 2015, 11:05
Thanks for the welcome! I am, if I can find a group that is.

Asturcan
December 20th, 2015, 12:23
Hi TimmyB,

Welcome to FG. I’m trying to put together a group for this Xmas. Would you be available after the 24th December? I would like to do LMoP during Xmass holydays and see if we could find an ideal time slot for all and continue play. Take a look at this thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Spain-5E-LMoP

Gaming would be on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9-12 CET time (GMT +1).

AsturCan

TimmyB
December 20th, 2015, 12:38
I'd love to play! But I would be at work during the times stated above. I wouldn't be available your time until 1:30 P.M.

Ellspeth
December 20th, 2015, 13:30
Hey there Timmy welcome aboard. This is a great place for new players, either to Fantasy Grounds or RPG's. I had never played an RPG myself two years ago, and when I came to the forums over a year ago to look for games the people were awesome. It took a little time and patience, but I play in a variety of games now with people from all over the world. I have learned why some people like some games better than others, each type has it's fans, though nearly everyone play more than one. People here are great with answering questions, taking time to show you how to use the tabletop even if they can't bring you into their game. Also if you go to the FG teamspeak server when you have free time and put LFG next to your nickname there are GM's there at different times that can help you out in voice. It can be hit or miss, but you can meet some great people there as well who can speed your entry into games.
I love Fantasy Grounds, it has created access to a hobby I had heard of but never had time to look into, and the opportunity to be a part of a world wide community of players. I wish you happy gaming here, I know it has been awesome for me.

TimmyB
December 21st, 2015, 07:28
Lol this community is super friendly. Thanks for the welkom, I'm looking forward to playing, I love rpg's but I've been feeling a little disappointed with the quality and lack of uniqueness in them, so I'm hoping this will turn that around.

damned
December 21st, 2015, 10:05
Hi TimmyB - RPG sessions are a collaboration between all the members of the group. Some groups will love the story more and others the tactical challenge. Some groups are still learning the story side and some have only a shallow interest in it. Try a few Savage Worlds or Cthulhu sessions and see if they appeal to you more.