PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Aura?

Kempest
December 18th, 2015, 15:32
hello there

is there any possibility to add the paladin aura?

target all mates in radius and give effect?

Saves + Cha Bonus
Spell Damage resistance?
Fear immunity?

i know the 5e Effects wiki https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects

maybe you can help me =)

thx

Zacchaeus
December 18th, 2015, 16:11
For the saving throw use SAVE:[CHA]
Fear Immunity is IMMUNE:frightened
Spell damage resistance is tricky since for example some spells do fire damage but so do other things. If you had RESIST: fire then the PCs would resist fire from every source. So the only way would be to create the effect and place it on the allies just before they were about to take the damage. So RESIST: all; will cover it but make sure that the expend? is set to next action.

And, yes, target all allies and then click on whichever effect you want to give to them. All of the effects should have the 'targeting' set to Targets.

Kempest
December 19th, 2015, 06:29
Thanks very mich. I will try it :)

Would be nice if FG would add a Spell descriptor Source. Would help some D&D Effects and powers :)

Zacchaeus
December 19th, 2015, 11:23
Thanks very mich. I will try it :)

Would be nice if FG would add a Spell descriptor Source. Would help some D&D Effects and powers :)

What do you mean by a spell descriptor source?

Kempest
December 19th, 2015, 14:35
sorry for my bad english

source of damage: spell

so you could add effects with this tag

spell immunity, resistance, spell save, bonus..

FG is able to differ ranged attack and melee, why not spell =)

Zacchaeus
December 19th, 2015, 14:46
sorry for my bad english

source of damage: spell

so you could add effects with this tag

spell immunity, resistance, spell save, bonus..

Ah, I see what you mean and your English is excellent; it's my misunderstanding.

Yes, that would be useful indeed since there are quite a number of instances where that would be apposite. I know Moon Wizard commented on this somewhere but I can't find the post. I think he said that including such a tag was fraught with dangers (although I can't remember what those were either) :)