PDA

View Full Version : D20 Modern Ruleset

Bagpuss2
February 16th, 2005, 20:36
D20 Modern ruleset.

Features.
- All the Base Cases and Advanced Classes in the core rulebook, including the campaign specific ones.
- Complete list of spells from the Core Book, including character sheet support.
- Complete list of psionic powers from the Core Book, including character sheet support.
- All the creatures from the D20 Modern SRD, standard and advanced.
- All the creatures from the Menace Manual SRD, standard and advanced.
- Weapon, Armor and General Equipment tables.

Download it at.

https://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.maple/FG/d20%20Modern.zip

Anonymous
February 17th, 2005, 02:28
Thanks loads Bag! I know a few people I can use this with to draw them to Fantasy Grounds. I'll punch through it and post my comments here. :D

- Thore

Elric
February 17th, 2005, 04:54
Can I mirror this file on my site as well?

Bagpuss2
February 17th, 2005, 08:41
Feel free.

onky
March 29th, 2005, 12:26
I just downloaded it and wow.... Great work!

richvalle
March 31st, 2005, 02:18
Bagpuss, can we host it on adventuresomedreams.com as well?

Thanks,

rv

Odhanan
April 4th, 2005, 21:09
Hi there!

Looks like I have some problems using your zip (I'm a newbie to FG). I do not know where to install its contents. The few installs I tried made the whole fantasy grounds crash and forced me to reinstall the whole thing (full licence).

Perhaps you've got some tips for me? Thanks! :)

Bagpuss2
April 5th, 2005, 11:54
In the Fantasy Grounds folder there should be a sub-folder called "rulesets". extract this zip into a folder called "d20 Modern" that you create in the "rulesets" folder.

Most zip extractors allow you to unzip a file into a folder named the same as the file, that's the easiest way to do it.

Either way you should have a ruleset folder with the following subfolders.

d20
d20 Modern

d20 Modern will contain everything in the zip.

if you still have problems make sure the "d20" folder contains a file called "d20_export.xml" if it doesn't then you haven't got the most recent version upacked in there, which could be causing the problems. In which case you need to run the Resource Extractor call unpack.exe which you can find in this thread (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=155).

Odhanan
April 5th, 2005, 17:22
Thanks a lot Bagpuss.

It works now. I just didn't realize that I had to call the folder in "rulesets" the same way as the zip. Then, I tried to implement the "data" in the "data" folder of FG, resulting in the crash of the software.

But now it works! Thanks again! :D

Ilwan
April 5th, 2005, 18:28
First time I had a look at this ruleset and I must say its very well done. Alot of effort has been put inot this. Thx Bagpuss, Im gonna play a CoC game with this.

DM Greg
April 12th, 2005, 16:10
As soon as the summer comes (June/July timeframe) I'll be posting a schedule for the Dresden Files game I'm working on.

Later,

Greg Volz
Natural Twenty Gaming
www.naturaltwenty.com

SiCk_PuPpY
April 12th, 2005, 20:42
Hi there Bagpuss2,

I have replaced the background in your D20 Modern conversion, with a nice brushed metal texture. You can get the modified ruleset here..

https://www.mpcav.co.uk/Files/d20_Modern_Brushed_Metal_New.zip

I had to change the following files to add this..

d20 modern\base.xml
d20 modern\data\graphics.xml

and I also added the following files

d20 modern\textures\brmetal.png
d20 modern\frames\hotkeybox.png
d20 modern\icons\modcollector.png

Bagpuss2
April 13th, 2005, 09:25
I had intended to do the same thing myself but never got round to it, and I thought it would be more useful to get a working version out that people could pretty up if they wanted to.

I think you could probably switch to your ruleset without risk of corrupting an existing game, but I'ld advise anyone to make a back up before hand just in case.

Anonymous
April 13th, 2005, 12:48
Hello there Bagpuss2

Please be assured I didnt want to steal your thunder there - the only reason I made this was because I wanted my camp. to have the right feel from the outset - and the table texture is the thing which affects that the most.

feel free to replace the textures as necessary - or use them if you like them. But if you need any help with artwork for your ruleset, just let me know, I am more than willing to chip in.

Cheers

SP

*backs away sheepishly*

Bagpuss2
April 13th, 2005, 13:39
No worries, I hoped someone would improve on the minor cosmetic changes I'ld made.

It needs a new map icon for a start I was thinking a satellite or Road Map, or A to Z, or even a funky globe of some sorts.

Then eventually all the other minor graphics switching.

SiCk_PuPpY
June 1st, 2005, 01:22
Hello there,

Seeing as the d20 modern system is also an OGL system, is there any chance that this ruleset could be included with fantasy grounds as standard?

..just a thought..

SP

SiCk_PuPpY
August 4th, 2005, 23:38
Hello there,

I have updated the d20 modern ruleset created by bagpuss.. you can download it here..

www.mpcav.co.uk/Files/d20_modern.zip

Just extract the archive into your /rulesets folder

Bagpuss if you wish to build on this for future revisions feel free.. or if you want to re-do this stuff, that's OK too :)

changes in this version

added new modern theme icons
modern re-skin of FG
updated graphics.xml so that token bags now appear

enjoy!

SP

Rice-Rocketeer
November 18th, 2005, 09:28
I love you, creators and updaters of this rulest. You guys rock.

Doswelk
November 18th, 2005, 13:20
I have just pposted a Poll on this subject:

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=1318