PDA

View Full Version : New game for a new year, need players - Rolemaster - GMT time zone

Spacecookie
December 18th, 2015, 09:56
Hi everyone.

Happy end of year celebrations, whether Xmas or whatever you might celebrate to you all.

So how about starting the new year with a new game of Rolemaster Classic?

I intend running a continuous campaign every weekend, penned by my own fair hands. The times and number of hours are up to the players, but my ideal situation that I would like to try for is Sunday afternoon from 1.00pm or 2.00pm, for 5 hours with a break in the middle. Of course this is probably not possible for a lot of people, so instead the proposal would be for a total of 5 hours over the weekend, Saturday and Sunday afternoon/early evening depending on the players again of course.

The timing would mean that you folks in the U.S could also join, as well as players closer to the GMT zone.

I don't have the ultimate license (I'm hoping Santa-bot will be generous this year) so it means that I can't do much with people using free clients I think, I'm fairly sure that unfortunately it would mean that everyone should have bought the basic player client.

I have some interest already, so I'm hoping to get two more players, though if there are three more then that wouldn't be a problem. I'm looking for a maximum of 6 in total, though 4 or 5 is my ideal number, and can run with just 3, but that's the absolute minimum, and probably a bit scary for the players once bad things begin to happen.

I have run Rolemaster for many years, though I have never run a game of anything through FG yet.

The world setting is non-Tolkien-ien, so all P.Cs are generally going to be human of some sort, no elves, dwarves, halflings, orcs etc. It's also not going to be combat orientated unless the P.Cs make it otherwise.

Character creation will happen this weekend coming (19th and 20th December), and also the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of January 2016 for those who can't make this nearest weekend. The reason for the break in between those dates is of course people celebrating Xmas and such, so of course no game that weekend.

Hopefully everything will be fine and the game should begin on the second weekend in January.

I welcome people new to Rolemaster and new to Roleplaying, we'll be gentle if it's your first time :).

jshauber
December 18th, 2015, 16:11
Great to see Rolemaster getting another campaign going.

Times don't work for me unfortunately, but good luck getting it going.

Oh, and having the tables for crits built in should make your life as GM much easier....

Spacecookie
December 18th, 2015, 18:28
Thankyou. I'm actually looking forwards to it, even though I know it usually takes a lot of work per play session, so FG should make it spin like a top. lol

Sorry the times aren't suitable for you. See, you just live on the wrong continent :)

Skellan
December 19th, 2015, 13:59
I'd be up for this. It might take a while to get players together, but it will happen in time :)

Spacecookie
December 19th, 2015, 14:56
Thanks, your interest is appreciated, with you that's 5 players we have now. :)

I'll message you the details.

Skellan
December 19th, 2015, 14:59
Oh wow, that's brilliant. I played a one shot of rolemaster recently but haven't played it in earnest since my college days and then we house ruled it quite heavily. I have a general idea of how it works though.

Spacecookie
December 19th, 2015, 15:03
Well it should be a good start I'm hoping, because I've not run anything via FG yet, though I have played quite a bit there. So it should be humble beginnings all round perhaps ^_^