PDA

View Full Version : List of Ongoing Campaigns

cmdisc
December 17th, 2015, 07:15
Victor mentioned how schedule conflicts creep up quite often because of a number of ongoing Campaigns that people are in. Would it be a good idea for us to get a list of days/times that such things are going on to see what might be good or bad times for GMs to post new game sessions?

This would only be a list of ongoing Campaigns. Modules that run 2-5 sessions wouldn't count whereas "My gaming group meets ever Friday at 6pm EST" would.

Generally a group here or there isn't enough to affect the community overall as there are plenty of PFS players looking for sessions and a handful being tied up on a Friday still leave plenty of others. But if something like a Friday sees several groups all tied up with other things, then Friday begins to look less and less like an option.

Day (of the week), Time (GMT), and Campaign or number of players might give an idea of who isn't regularly available and when.

Just a thought anyway.

DAY...GMT TIME (# of FG Players)
Sun............2am(2), 12pm(6)
Mon...........
Tues..........
Wed..........
Thurs........
Fri............11pm(5)
Sat...........12pm(6), 8pm(6)

Victor
December 17th, 2015, 08:13
Sounds like a plan. Maybe also groups can post an alert when they have off weeks for one reason or another.

xazil, BK, Axitmaster, Vhok, and I are in a Friday group and the same folks plus Kyle are in a Saturday one.
Just Kyle and I are in the last listed group that is every other Saturday.

Friday: 11pm GMT, 6pm EST, 3pm PST

Saturday: 8pm GMT, 3pm EST, Noon PST

Every other Saturday: 2am Sunday GMT, 9pm EST, 6pm PST

Vhok
December 17th, 2015, 09:32
still looking for a sunday and Tuesday campaign

cmdisc
December 17th, 2015, 10:24
still looking for a sunday and Tuesday campaign

Sorry. This wasn't an intent to line up players for groups...although I can see that being a result of such. This is to give GMs an idea of what days might be bad to offer games as many/most PFS players are already busy in other games.

Vhok
December 17th, 2015, 12:21
I know I just saw an opportunity and I really want another game every week :P

kwarner1986
December 17th, 2015, 14:59
Work is Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm US EST (2pm to 11pm GMT)

Sunday Afternoons
2pm to 5pm US EST
(7pm to 10pm GMT)

Monday Night Game
10pm to 1am US EST
(3am to 6am GMT)

Wednesday Night Game
9:30pm to 1am US EST
(2:30am to 6am GMT)

Friday Night Game
9pm to midnight US EST
(2am to 5am GMT) *Every 2 weeks, Next Game 12/18

Saturday Afternoon
3pm to 8pm US EST
(8pm to 1am GMT)

Saturday Night
9pm to Midnight US EST
(2am to 5am GMT) *Every 2 weeks, Next Game 12/26

Malkavian_Andi
December 17th, 2015, 15:39
My work schedule is quite flexible.
I have two regular face-to-face campaigns, one on Wednesdays 5 pm GMT - 9 pm GMT and one on Sundays 1 pm GMT - 8 pm GMT. Since they are face-to-face games, there's some time to get to and from those games, which is about 1 hour.
I often have games on Saturdays, but those are not every week.

In general, I have no problems with not being able to make a PFS game here. I have already played lots of scenarios anyway.

HoloGnome
December 17th, 2015, 17:31
I am running Emerald Spire on Saturdays at 4AM Pacific and Reign of Winter on Sundays at 4AM Pacific - min 4 hr. slots or whatever works. I sometimes have openings in Emerald Spire (xazil, bigboom, AxitMaster, Archania, BK, JWMK, diablodevil2 - varies) but Reign of Winter is full (Farnaby, Syaoran0603, AxitMaster, Vladlock, Archania, JWMK).

cmdisc
December 17th, 2015, 19:13
Just as an added note, the key is to track how many Fantasy Grounds players are tied up at a given time. So if you could edit your posts and list at least # of FG players, like Victor and HG did, that would help.

GM BK
December 17th, 2015, 20:48
Currently Running Kingmaker and Rise of the Runelords...

Kingmaker - Friday(6:00pm EST/11:00pm GMT to 11:00pm EST/4:00am GMT)
Rise of the Runelords - Saturday(3:00pm EST/8:00pm GMT to 8:00pm EST/1:00am GMT)

Both groups are currently full, but if anything opens up, I'll be sure to post.

As far as beyond that goes, I really do want to get something going for an alternating Sunday group, but that will most likely be PFS scenarios and maybe a module here and there. If and when I finally do get around to running that, it'll be from 12:00pm EST/5:00pm GMT to 5:00pm EST/10:00pm GMT. Hopefully after the New Year :)

Victor
December 17th, 2015, 22:39
This is a good idea but seems pretty difficult to pull the information together into a useful format, particularly with groups taking occasional days off, making ost in the grouup available for PFS.
What may work, and someone would have to set this up, would be an actual Monthly Calendar that the FG PFS Community shares, putting our names and groups in on dates when we play.

P.S.
Kyle, Holy Crap! What do you do Tuesdays and Thursdays? Ballroom Dancing?
Vhok, play more PFS!

cmdisc
December 18th, 2015, 06:45
That would be an option. Lacking that atm, however, I've just been editing my first post to give an idea of when games are generally played and how many FG Players are tied up in them. The purpose wasn't to track everything going on, but to give GMs a glimpse of what availability might look like on a given day. If Saturday evenings have a lot of players tied up with other things, then a GM might expect to get low interest for anything he schedules at that time.

But if someone really wants to make a calendar or spreadsheet they can link, go for it. Too busy on this end right now for that, unfortunately.

kwarner1986
December 18th, 2015, 14:26
Kyle, Holy Crap! What do you do Tuesdays and Thursdays? Ballroom Dancing?

Ha! It's Pathfinder or TV and I find TV now-a-days boring unless I watch my Browns inviting new ways to lose.

GM BK
December 21st, 2015, 01:15
Hey now! I think the Lions might actually have you beat in new and creative ways to lose! At the very least, it's definitely a neck and neck race!

Blackfoot
December 21st, 2015, 05:14
I'm a little confused about this thread (probably because I haven't got the patience to actually read through the posts completely).. but it 'looks' like you are asking for when we have regular games running to see when we might have time free... or maybe you are asking when we have time free. That's the part I'm not quite clear on. Personally, I'm in quite a few regular games. I have things running:Sun.|Mon.|Tues.|Weds.|Thurs.|Fri.|Sat.
9am-12pm|-|7:30pm-11pm|8:30pm-12pm|8pm-11pm|9pm-1am|-
Second Darkness|-|Carrion Crown|Legacy of Fire|Champions|Kingmaker|-
The other nights I generally have children or girlfriend responsibilities. I do have free time SOMETIMES... Sun.|Mon.|Tues.|Weds.|Thurs.|Fri.|Sat.
7pm-12am|9am-3pm|9am-3pm|9am-3pm|9am-3pm|9am-3am|9am-12amAll of this is in eastern time I'm 'fraid to say.

cmdisc
December 21st, 2015, 07:23
BF, the goal was to make a list of the regular campaigns that are going on with FG PFS Players so GMs have an idea of what days/times might be bad to schedule a Scenario. For example, if Friday evenings (GMT) have 3 different campaigns taking place and tying up a total of 16 FG Players, that's probably a time a GM might expect not to get too much of a response for a game.

So an entry in the OP would list a time and (number of players) for the given days of the week, just to give an eyeball figure of how many people are tied up when. And again, this is on a general basis. Once a month sessions wouldn't be on the calendar. Weekly sessions that skip every so often would still be listed as weekly. The point of this is to provide a general overview, not track everyone's specific availability on a given day.