PDA

View Full Version : LFP for a star wars 5e conversion game on saturday nights 11 p.m. cst

illithid123
December 17th, 2015, 06:38
FG License:GM has ultimate
Game System: fantasy flights star wars rpg (edge of the empire, age of rebellion, and force and destiny)

Time Zone:Central Time USA,
Day of week and time:Saturday 11 p.m.
If new game, planned start date: 01/02/2016
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: i.e. Voice preferred
mumble

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed:have all players
Character starting level & equipment:1st level
Character restrictions: none

Details of your scenario: i plan to run a star wars campaign using the fantasy flights ruleset.
i would like to have a fun mix of combat and creative roleplaying and am looking for players with a passion for galactic adventure. after i get the sign ups for the game i will get together with all of the players at convenient times to discuss characters, setting and we will decide as a group things like the style of play(galaxy spanning space adventure, gritty noir investigative tone, political intrigue, or whatever the group thinks will be most fun), as well as backgrounds and the the era we will be playing in. so if you have an idea for a character or any questions about the game please send me a p.m. and i will get back to you as fast as possible so we can get the game underway as quickly as possible.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1740

Monkn
December 17th, 2015, 07:02
Would like to learn more and try to see about joining this.

Serena
December 18th, 2015, 02:55
count me in

illithid123
December 18th, 2015, 08:23
ok so i have two potentials all i need is some private messages with details about character ideas and what era we would like to play in. in fact just post what era you would like to play in here and we can discuss it.

Serena
December 18th, 2015, 09:17
i will write them tomorrow i was at star wars movie :)

illithid123
December 18th, 2015, 10:06
Me too. Went to the first showing. It was amazing.

Monkn
December 18th, 2015, 10:17
I am good to play pre-empire or empire time period have no clue post-empire

illithid123
December 18th, 2015, 21:43
Well as of now it seems like the era isn't an issue with anyone so I think I will set the game in the old republic. I.e. Post reven republic. That should give a good selection on the type of character everyone wants to play since both Jedi and sith are widespread as well as many different militant forces if anyone wants to play soldiers or smugglers or anything like that. Now I just need to know if anyone has ideas about the style of game they want to play?

Krimson
December 18th, 2015, 22:55
Looks pretty cool. I am working on a module for pretty much the same thing based on this (https://www.scribd.com/doc/278947931/Star-Wars-D-D-5th-Edition-Conversion-PF) probably with some changes from Saga Edition. This could be fun to try, and the timeslot seems possible.

illithid123
December 18th, 2015, 23:37
Are u more familiar with the that system? If so and everyone else likes that one Better we can run that system instead. The one I linked is just the first decent one I found. And we would be happy to have u join. Just pm me with character ideas u might have

Monkn
December 19th, 2015, 05:02
Im game for either system I know im going force sensitive...sorry no jedi here

Also this one seems a bit more flushed out.

davh565
December 19th, 2015, 05:46
This looks like fun, I'd definitely be keen to join.

Serena
December 19th, 2015, 06:03
character made :)

Monkn
December 19th, 2015, 06:13
Yea I will make a character using both and go form there. Maybe be good to hope on voice sometime to go over and set things up.

illithid123
December 19th, 2015, 07:01
after giving a good look to both systems im going to stick with the origional i had posted. if you want to get up with me just pm me ur skype info and we can hop on fantasy grounds and get the characters made up.

illithid123
December 19th, 2015, 23:24
Ok so I have some background for the era were playing I. That might help in creating a backstory for any Jedi/sith or force user that does not wish to be affiliated with either order.

All those who exploit there force abilities by starting as a force using class will have had some training in the art. This trading may have come from an academy for Jedi/sith or from a lone master. Usually these masters would teach the ways of the force to promising children as they grow either by seeking them out or when hired or contracted by a wealthy or influential family who do not wish to send their child off to be sequesterd from their family amongst the order.

So if you are trained in the force at level one I will want an explanation as to how you were trained, why, and who you're master is.
Hope that helps flesh out a bit about the world were playing in.
Thanks

Monkn
December 19th, 2015, 23:27
Great help will get a background going

illithid123
December 23rd, 2015, 00:06
Ok so I still need the character background from 2 of you. And it looks like someone dropped out so I have room for another player if anyone else wants to send me a character concept.
So far we have a droid educated commander(pilot) , and a human force adept

Monkn
December 23rd, 2015, 01:08
Should have mine tomorrow just getting time to write right now is a pain

illithid123
December 23rd, 2015, 01:31
I understand. I just need everyone's stuff before I can really start working on the campaign outline. Especially since factions and alliances shape so much of the era it's hard to write a good jumping off point without knowing where everyone's loyalties lie.
Thanks again and sorry for kind of rushing you guys

Monkn
December 23rd, 2015, 01:34
Nah its cool. I been trying to get time to write and should have a couple of hours to do so tomorrow. I have it all in my head so wont be hard once i get to writing

illithid123
December 23rd, 2015, 02:14
Sounds good. Also if I get all of the backgrounds in and the characters made up we could start this week instead of waiting for next week if everyone is up for it right after Christmas. If not then it's still fine to start the week after.

illithid123
January 2nd, 2016, 08:11
ok guys, im sorry to have to do this but due to my computer malfunctioning all over the place and me being too sick to fix it yet im going to have to do a full system restore on my comp which will take a while and means i wont be able to run the game tomorrow but i will try and make sure that i am able to get the game running by next week at the latest. sorry for the inconvenience and i hope to still see everyone next week.

Monkn
January 2nd, 2016, 08:48
All good just let me know when to be ready. Hope all goes well on the restore

Serena
January 2nd, 2016, 23:23
if people are free we can meet on skype to finish characters details and know each other

Monkn
January 2nd, 2016, 23:32
Just let me know if this happens

illithid123
January 3rd, 2016, 00:04
Sounds good to me. If anyone else wants to join the group call just send me a pm with ur skype info and we can get started around the time we would normally have started.

Monkn
January 3rd, 2016, 00:39
So that would what time again

illithid123
January 3rd, 2016, 01:14
11pm cst

illithid123
January 3rd, 2016, 19:54
Ok. Everyone who plans on playing and was not on skype/team speak with the rest of us last night. We went over the rules for the conversion and decided that we might play using the fantasy flight force and destiny system. We are making the decision by tomorrow to give everyone time to look over the system and if everyone decides they would be ok with the system we will start this Saturday playing the beginner box game to get a feel for the mechanics and then move on to play the normal long form campaign the week after once we are all sure this is the system we want to use. If you need the link to the pdf pm me or Serena and we will get you the Dropbox link so you can read over the rules. Thanks a lot and I hope to hear from everyone tomorrow either on skype or just a pm so I can get to work making my campaign fitful in this system

White_wolf
January 3rd, 2016, 20:45
I know it's late, but if you have room for another player I'd love to join.

illithid123
January 5th, 2016, 23:43
ok everyone, so it looks like nobody is completely against using the new system but i need to know if everyone wants to start the campaign right off or if they want to try the beginner game first to get the feel for the system before comiting to it, i just need to know so we can start saturday and i can know what to prepare

illithid123
January 9th, 2016, 05:29
ok guys i hate to have to do this but after trying literally everything in my power to fix my connection issue, it will not resolve so i would still like to hoste the game at t he same time tomorrow using the roll 20 system(it is free), if anyone has a problem with that let me know.
we will also be using google hangout for the chat, and dice rolling app.
sorry again guys

Serena
January 9th, 2016, 20:00
made my character yesterday with game master and got access and his permission to help ya guys with character creation ill be online most of the day if u want a quick start

anima110
January 10th, 2016, 04:10
this sounds fun if you still have room

illithid123
January 12th, 2016, 08:41
ok guys, it looks like my connection problems have been solved, so barring some disaster we will be playing on fantasy grounds come Saturday night. if anyone would like to get up with me on here or skype we can get into fantasy grounds sometime this week and get ur characters in. thanks guys.

anima110
January 12th, 2016, 09:53
im free tomorrow around the time on the last game as well as all week