PDA

View Full Version : Export PCs links/pins with module

GrtAndPwrflTrtl
December 17th, 2015, 04:52
I've almost finished porting my 1st adventure; like most adventures, it has NPCs with character classes and levels. But they cannot be added to encounters. So they are placed on the map ahead of time, or have their own pin/link next to the one for the rest of the encounter.

It works fine till I export. The PCs have to be exported separately, and when I add everything back all the links are broken. Simplest way around this?

In the thread on converting PCs to NPCs, it is suggested by the community that the best solution is to use PCs, since dragging actions or skills across is not supported and isn't expected to be (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21771-Creating-an-action-for-NPC). So, using NPC entries is not the solution I'm looking for, or I have a worse problem, the accepted solution to which is to use player sheets.

Actually... Using blank dummy NPC with the same name solves both problems; I'll probably just do that if no one knows a better way.

Trenloe
December 17th, 2015, 05:29
Links to exported/imported PCs will more than likely be different - and certainly can't be guaranteed. You're best using an NPC placeholder as these can be exported with the module.