PDA

View Full Version : One Shot Saturday 12/19 11AM GMT -6(DM is new to FG) D&D 5E

Gutless
December 17th, 2015, 03:28
License: Ultimate
Date: Saturday 12/19
Time: 11AM GMT -6 about 3 hours
Ruleset: D&D 5E
Voice: Skype or Teamspeak 3(whichever the majority wants)

Alright going to give this a shot, I am looking to run a One shot this Saturday starting at 11AM GMT -6 or CST. I am new to fantasy grounds and only have about 3 weeks of fiddling with the software. So I am looking for 4-5 players that have some patience or are willing to learn with me. Plan on running about a 3 hour session using the beginning adventures from Prince of Apocalypse. We will make level 1 characters using the standard stat allotment rule. Other then that I don't really have any other rules since this will be a one shot. Trying to learn the system so I can start a home brew campaign after Christmas.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1739

Group is full.

Hertz
December 17th, 2015, 04:05
Hello Gutless,

I would love to join if you are accepting new comers, If so what are the minimal requirements I have to meet?
I would prefer Teamspeak 3 over Skype but no particular difference

Best regards,
George

damned
December 17th, 2015, 12:00
Hola Gutless as your session is coming up close - scroll thru the first two pages of posts in this forum and contact those players LFG on a weekend. Good on you for jumping in - you will have some hiccups and some frustration but you will know what questions you need to ask next!

My advice - learn how to setup encounters and combat - monsters and PCs -> combat tracker -> to map and worry about the other things after that.
Dont worry about effects for your first session (or sessions) - get the basics happening first :)

daemonos
December 17th, 2015, 12:56
are you an experienced DM?

11AM is at morning? maybe i can join you.

Gutless
December 18th, 2015, 01:38
I have DM'd on and off for 10 years but I have never used FG even as a player so I am assuming this session will be a little bumpy. 11AM my time = 17:00 GMT I believe

are you an experienced DM?

11AM is at morning? maybe i can join you.

daemonos
December 18th, 2015, 09:49
Oh that is nice. I think I can join in. I am gmt+2 so it will be 19

Xardex
December 18th, 2015, 11:08
I'm interested in dipping my feet in 5E, and a single session thing would be perfect. I have DMed a few games with Fantasy Grounds, and while they were not 5E I might still be able to help out if you run into a snag with the software.

Hertz
December 19th, 2015, 14:33
I can't seem to connect to (idle luck dead fang)

daemonos
December 19th, 2015, 21:09
Thanks for playing everyone, :) looking forward for the next time.
Great performance from each one of you :)

Cheers