PDA

View Full Version : The holy hand grenade

Skellan
December 17th, 2015, 01:03
Ok so I was making a weapon entry for holy water and ended up making this...

Anyway, back to the holy water, it is listed as adventuring gear in the FG PHB module and I wondered if it was listed as a weapon item elsewhere? If not, it might be cool to update the item to a thrown weapon as I imagine that's what most people will want to do with it.

Also, I guess that there isn't currently a way to add effects directly to weapon items, such as saving throws or including specific targets such as undead?

viresanimi
December 17th, 2015, 07:30
Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.
Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and large chu...
Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother...
Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.
Brother Maynard: Amen.

I just had to... hi hi hi. Awesome idea good sir!

Vires Animi

Skellan
December 17th, 2015, 07:38
Particularly useful for taking out killer bunnies

Zacchaeus
December 17th, 2015, 11:07
Also, I guess that there isn't currently a way to add effects directly to weapon items, such as saving throws or including specific targets such as undead?

No, the only things you can add to weapon properties at the moment are re-rolls and critical range (in addition to all the other properties in the PHB weapons table).

However you can set up all the effects you need (and more elegantly) for your holy hand grenade via a power.

LordEntrails
December 18th, 2015, 04:57
Did you see the FA'NGS on that thing?!?!?

Wazoodust
December 18th, 2015, 20:42
Did you see the FA'NGS on that thing?!?!?

Was that Cardinal Fang and the comfy chair ?

MinimumFalcon
December 24th, 2015, 13:18
:D Nice.