PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need 4 Players during Xmas holidays 24th-6th Weekdays Morning CET Spain 5E LMoP

Asturcan
December 16th, 2015, 12:20
FG License: Yes
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: CET Spain (GMT +1)
Day of week and time: Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9-12.
New game, planned start date: 24th December 2015 at 8am
Planned Frequency: Once or twice a week.
Term: Play during Xmas but if possible would like to continue after during weekends.

Voice: Teamspeak

Number of Players in game & needed: Need 4 players.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level.
Character restrictions: Only core races.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1744

Hello everybody,

The idea is to get a group started during the season holidays and have some fun playing D&D. If possible I would like to continue the game but would need to be during weekends –but this can be discussed later on.

Regards,

AsturCan

daemonos
December 16th, 2015, 12:30
You know im in! :) Perfect days and time also! My Axe is ready!

dlewis119
December 16th, 2015, 13:12
I am interested.

Squeak
December 16th, 2015, 13:38
Hey again.

This sounds perfect for me - I am free between the 24th December and 2nd January inclusive, and the 6th of January. After that if you want to continue with another 5e campaign, any time on Saturday would be great for me.
Is the plan for characters to continue on from LMoP?

Anyway off to plan my (possibly multi-class) wizard......

P.s. I take it this is 27 point buy?

hendogvg
December 16th, 2015, 15:09
i am up for this sounds like a good time

AxitMaster
December 16th, 2015, 19:39
Hi All

It is 27 point buy for attributes.
Also class and race items from the new expansion: [5E] Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide.

Asturcan
December 16th, 2015, 23:58
Ok, guys. This is our DM - AxitMaster. Welcome to our group.

I think that at this point we should start to decide a time slot and characters to play with.

I think we should start next Thursday 24th from 9-12 CET time (GMT +1). I can play on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

I would like to play a human fighter, but if it's necessary I can choose another class - I like more classical classes (fighter, ranger, priest, wizard or rogue). We could work out a balanced group.

AxitMaster, for ability scores don't we use 15,14,13,12,10,8?

dlewis119
December 17th, 2015, 00:39
Hold on, I do not think I can play at those times. What time would it be PST -8 time zone? And we are talking A.M. as well?

daemonos
December 17th, 2015, 06:33
I am ok those hours just for the christmas though, because afte the 11/1/2016 i will be at work at mornings, so the perfect days for me will be
Monday Evening, Friday Evening and saturday (its free all day).

Would like to play Mountain Dward Cleric/Fighter of Moradin.

Squeak
December 17th, 2015, 10:18
As I said I should be free between the 24th December and 2nd January inclusive, and the 6th of January. Afternoons (CET time) are better for me, but mornings are possible too.

Asturcan
December 17th, 2015, 12:20
Hi dlewis119 - This would be at midnight PST -8 time zone. Is that OK with you or too late?

Hi daemonos - I think the mountain dwarf cleric/fighter is a good choice - we need healing.

All - I think we should try to get our characters ready before start, so let's get some ideas in. With daemonos choice of a dwarf fighter/cleric I think there's room for another fighter and we will need some magic too. If somebody else wants to play a fighter let me know and I would choose a high-elf wizard, if not I could play a human fighter or even a half-elf ranger. Any of the 3 choices are alright to me.

I also made a mistake with the ability scores. You see when I played other sessions we used the 15,14,13,12,10,8 array and I didn't know the existence of the 27-point buy system. So the choice is the DM’s –sorry for any misunderstanding!

Squeak
December 18th, 2015, 16:04
I would like to play a human or gnome wizard if possible. I was considering multi-classing but might just go straight wizard.

Can I also check if the DM has the ultimate edition?

daemonos
December 18th, 2015, 17:25
We can meet in team speak 1 hour before session to create characters and get ready

dlewis119
December 19th, 2015, 00:28
Yes, I won't be able to make the time work for this game. Sorry, but I hope it works for everyone else and you all have a ton of fun. Take care.

AxitMaster
December 20th, 2015, 21:54
HI

27 point buy system is the same as the 15,14,13,12,10,8 as you can buy that set with your points.

Easiest way is to find 5E Point Buy Calulator on google which will help spending the 27 points and most are coded for including race modifiers as well.

AxitMaster
December 20th, 2015, 22:00
Ok Asturcan

I have created the calendar event so if you would enter the time for each session so people can indicate if they can make it. Everyone should have an invite to accept on the list.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1744

Squeak
December 21st, 2015, 03:16
Is it possible to make the first session an our later (so it is 8AM for me rather than 7AM please?).

Also the final session says Thu, Dec 31st at 8:00 PM in the evening for me compared to 7/8 AM for all the others - is that right?

BTW a 5E point calculator can be found here: https://1-dot-encounter-planner.appspot.com/point-buy-calculator.html

daemonos
December 21st, 2015, 07:14
Actually 1 hour later will be more comfortable for me also.

daemonos
December 21st, 2015, 11:37
Backround ready!!! where to send it?

Asturcan
December 21st, 2015, 12:16
Ok, we're changing the start of the first session from 8 to 9am (GMT +1 time zone). There are some mistakes on the time sessions in the calender so I'm rewriting them here (all times set at GMT+1 time zone):
1st session ---> Thursday December the 24th at 9:00am
2nd session --> Tuesday December the 29th at 9:00am
3rd session --> Thursday December the 31st at 9:00am
4th session --> Tuesday January the 5th at 9:00am

After this we would have to organize ourselves to look for a time that suits us best. In weekdays I work in mornings, afternoons and evenings until late, so the best for me are weekends. But we can see this later on, first things first.

I'm still deciding on playing a human fighter or half-elf ranger, so if the group has any preference I'm all ears. I guess ir depends if we prefer a strong fighting team or use the ranger as a scout or tracker.

AsturCan

daemonos
December 21st, 2015, 13:07
Times are fine with me, weekends playtime also fine with me (except Saturday morning).

I am all ready, just need the DM to open FG so i can connect and create my character.
Also i would prefer to start lvl 2 - if that's possible. (as i want to play a multiclass and my backround is made for it)

AxitMaster
December 21st, 2015, 13:27
OK

To get characters you can take two routes.

1) Create the character and export the xml file and email it to me with am image file if you want to use a special one for the character. Send files to [email protected]

2) Arrange a timem with me before the first game session to have FG server open so you can create your character.

AxitMaster
December 21st, 2015, 13:35
All right then.

daemonos wants to start as 2nd level characters and I will allow this for now but reserve the rights to reverse this generosity should it become nessesary.

So everyone, for now, can create 2nd level characters. Please note for anyone planning to multi-class that you need to read the rules for taking on a second class very carefully and adhere to these rules. Also no additional gear will be awarded for being at 2nd level.

Also for anyone wondering starting gear is the gear listed in the Class and Background for your character. This also gives you your starting gold (From background)

daemonos
December 21st, 2015, 13:36
will send you my backround there :)

Squeak
December 21st, 2015, 13:36
Thanks for the update - the other sessions are fine, but I can't make the 4th session as I have an exam on Tuesday 5th January and the day before too :(

Are there any other dates available - perhaps Wednesday or Friday morning?

Asturcan, personally I think having a scout is always useful. Note that a Human DEX-based fighter using light/medium armour can be pretty good at scouting too. I am also trying to fit in stealth on my wizard but there are inherent risks with doing that on a squishy......

Squeak
December 22nd, 2015, 16:33
Cant make thursday 24 as router died so broadband company sending new one. Such bad luck.

pbexxx
December 23rd, 2015, 01:27
Hi are you still looking for players? if so I may be able to jump in :)

Asturcan
December 23rd, 2015, 12:18
Hello pbexxx. Yes we are still looking for players even though its a bit tight, on time I mean. We start tomorrow at 9am (GMT+1) and we have created characters at 2nd level. Take a look at the following calender link, sign in and take a look at the characters we have and choose what type of character you would like to play:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1744

Acording to post #22 you have instructions from the DM to get that character to him before starting the game.

AsturCan

pbexxx
December 23rd, 2015, 12:39
Hello pbexxx. Yes we are still looking for players even though its a bit tight, on time I mean. We start tomorrow at 9am (GMT+1) and we have created characters at 2nd level. Take a look at the following calender link, sign in and take a look at the characters we have and choose what type of character you would like to play:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1744

Acording to post #22 you have instructions from the DM to get that character to him before starting the game.

AsturCan

Hi i don't see anything on the calendar. .. i have a wild magic sorcerer ready to go though, will this fit?

Asturcan
December 23rd, 2015, 15:02
Maybe DM has to invite you first, since it's a private game. We'll have to wait and see if DM sees your msg before. I'll see if I can get in touch. Meanwhile have your character ready.

Squeak
December 24th, 2015, 14:34
Thanks for the update - the other sessions are fine, but I can't make the 4th session as I have an exam on Tuesday 5th January and the day before too :(

Are there any other dates available - perhaps Wednesday or Friday morning?

Asturcan, personally I think having a scout is always useful. Note that a Human DEX-based fighter using light/medium armour can be pretty good at scouting too. I am also trying to fit in stealth on my wizard but there are inherent risks with doing that on a squishy......

Cant make thursday 24 as router died so broadband company sending new one. Such bad luck.

My router just arrived (in less than 2 days at Christmas - I was very impressed) so if there is space I'd like to play on Tuesday.

And Merry Xmas everyone!

Squeak
December 26th, 2015, 09:15
Unfortunately I have a flu and am now so far behind with my revision for my exams on the 4th and 5th that I don't have time to play before then so it is best for me to withdraw from the group. If you are playing a campaign on Saturdays after then I would be delighted to join and I don't have any more exams until May. In any case thanks everyone!

Have a great 2016!

Squeak

Asturcan
December 27th, 2015, 22:25
SOrry to hear that. Hope you get better. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!