PDA

View Full Version : Masking the NPC HP's in D&D5E

Halgabron
December 15th, 2015, 19:01
Hello,

Recently begun using FG for our 5E group, loving the system (we're using it as a 'Hybrid' as we're all playing in the same room) - I'm running as DM & players are either using their own machines & one is projecting it up onto the TV for those who haven't & can't believe how much it's sped up our sessions & allowed us to concentrate on the role playing!

Has anyone got a solution to my problem of players knowing the HP's of the NPCs they're facing since it's visible to everyone - at the moment I'm re-naming them on the fly (so they can't go running to the MM or remember the stat block) but the way I deal with the HP's is to zero them out & remember the original score.

Is there a way to mask them so only I can see them but the players can still see the green/yellow/red markers on the combat tracker/tokens - good to know who's the most wounded, but not the actual number?

Many thanks,

Halgabron

Trenloe
December 15th, 2015, 19:06
The players don't see the same view as the GM - they don't see the HP of creatures at all. They see the rough health description ("Healthy", "Heavy", etc.), see here for an example of the player view:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/images/a/aa/Combat_Tracker_player_view.jpg

Nylanfs
December 15th, 2015, 19:10
Are you running a second session logged into the GM's session as local host to show the players the info?

kylania
December 15th, 2015, 19:11
GM Options -> Combat section -> View: Health - Non-ally -> Off/Detailed/Status

Off shows nothing. Detailed shows the numbers. Status shows "Minor" "Critical" and the like.

Halgabron
December 15th, 2015, 19:19
Thanks All - solved.

I suspected it was something in the settings I hadn't discovered yet & setting the view as 'Status' will work.

This is the best forum I've come across for gaming support btw!