PDA

View Full Version : COVER effect no Dexterity +2 save?

Octavious
December 15th, 2015, 18:19
Hi all,
I was using the COVER effect and it works fine to an extent.. an attack on the PC needs an additional 2 over the PC AC and works fine but I noticed it does not add 2 to a Dexterity Save of the pc having the COVER effect. I can stack a SAVE:2 with it but just thought since it is a COVER it probably should do it all..if I am wrong in this let me know but it probably should be fixed on a future rules update..

Zacchaeus
December 15th, 2015, 19:22
Hi all,
I was using the COVER effect and it works fine to an extent.. an attack on the PC needs an additional 2 over the PC AC and works fine but I noticed it does not add 2 to a Dexterity Save of the pc having the COVER effect. I can stack a SAVE:2 with it but just thought since it is a COVER it probably should do it all..if I am wrong in this let me know but it probably should be fixed on a future rules update..

Just to be sure, you are talking about 5e right?

Octavious
December 15th, 2015, 20:03
Yes Im sorry it was 5e rules .. here is what I read in the rulebook maybe I am not looking at the effect correctly IDK

"A target with half cover has a +2 bonus to AC and
Dexterity saving throws. A target has half cover if an
obstacle blocks at least half of its body. The obstacle
might be a low wall, a large piece of furniture, a narrow
tree trunk, or a creature, whether that creature is an
enemy or a friend."

Zacchaeus
December 15th, 2015, 20:08
No your reading is exactly correct and you have discovered an imperfection in the ruleset. In fact more than one since the SCOVER effect isn't giving the dexterity bonus either nor are the two buttons for Cover and Sup. Cover in the modifiers dialog. I have added all of those to the list of things to be corrected.

Thanks for reporting.

Octavious
December 15th, 2015, 20:25
super !! I never checked the SCOVER just figured both were like that .. thanks for your answer ..