PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions

Neumannium
February 15th, 2005, 18:43
Hi all,

Just wondering a couple things right now...

Is it possible to, on a map, draw more than one shape? Currently, you can select a square, circle, or cone and draw if (awesome) but when you try to draw another, the first one dissappears.

I'd like to use the shapes for ongoing spell effects (web, grease, etc) and it would be cool if they stayed on the screen until I erased them.

Likewise, can I draw several pointers at once? It seems to only let me have one on the map at any one time.

Also, is there a way to change the line thickness when using the drawing tool? I find it very hard to make a map with the line so narrow (don't ask me why -- it doesn't make much sense, but it happens).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Neumannium

msd
February 16th, 2005, 04:34
Hi all,

Just wondering a couple things right now...

Is it possible to, on a map, draw more than one shape? Currently, you can select a square, circle, or cone and draw if (awesome) but when you try to draw another, the first one dissappears.

I'd like to use the shapes for ongoing spell effects (web, grease, etc) and it would be cool if they stayed on the screen until I erased them.

Likewise, can I draw several pointers at once? It seems to only let me have one on the map at any one time.

Also, is there a way to change the line thickness when using the drawing tool? I find it very hard to make a map with the line so narrow (don't ask me why -- it doesn't make much sense, but it happens).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Neumannium

Wow...good call. I was convinced this couldn't be right, but dang. Definitely seems like you should be able to keep multiple shapes on the screen at once.

A for instance:

In the game I am involved in, each player kinda uses a pointer to indicate to the DM which monster he is attacking. Tends to clear things up and move things along. I guess I never realized that there was never more than one pointer on the screen at the same time, though.

Good call...this would be useful.

-Matt

heliopolix
February 16th, 2005, 11:09
Per the manual, each player & the GM can have one pointer.