PDA

View Full Version : Table with 40 options, but only want 20 available

MathemAddicts
December 13th, 2015, 20:59
I have created a table of rumors for my campaign. There are, say, 40 such rumors, but the availability of rumors 21 - 40 are "chapter-dependent". That is, when the PCs are in chapter 5, I want the table to roll 1d20 and add 12 to the result. Now, I can manually add the 12, but how do I get this table with 40 items to only roll a d20 (essentially ignoring rumors 21 - 40 until I start adding bonuses)?

Thank you in advance,
Roy

damned
December 13th, 2015, 21:52
I think you will nee to duplicate the table....
I dont believe there is any way to support that currently exactly as you have described.
If you created a master table of 20 and then copy it and and another 5 entries (or replace 5 entries) and repeat... You would probably achieve the same result with not much additional work.

Nickademus
December 13th, 2015, 22:14
Put a d20 die in the die field for the table.

Zacchaeus
December 13th, 2015, 22:20
Put a d20 die in the die field for the table.

Indeed. Just have the table initially only roll a d20. Then when you get to chapter 5 add the 12 or whatever into the mod tab (beside the dice on the table) then later add another d20 and take the 12 out of the mod so that you roll on the full table.

damned
December 13th, 2015, 22:28
Thats cool! I didnt notice that option at all!

MathemAddicts
December 14th, 2015, 14:50
That's hilarious. I spent a couple hours trying different things. I could not figure out how to change the die field (I kept typing things like /die 1d20 in the chat window and dragging it over). A simple drag of the d20 on the board to the table was all it took. Thank you so much.

Griogre
December 14th, 2015, 18:10
Glad you got it sorted out. There is a consistency in the FG interface in that if you are in doubt how to do something try right clicking a reading the radial menus, and if you don't see something in the menus then next try drag and dropping. The little shadow d4, d6, d8 images means it's a "dice cup" field and is expecting one or more dice to be dropped into it.