PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying..

Bearspearson
December 12th, 2015, 14:17
But I am kinda worried that I won't use it much, even if I am in a D&D craze right now. I just want to make sure I am buying something worth the money. My question is: What do I get if I buy the game? I heard you have to buy packs that are PDF files? Or am I getting that wrong?

dulux-oz
December 12th, 2015, 14:27
Hi Bear,

OK, first of all, this is not a game, but a tool to help in playing tabletop role-playing games with your friends via a computer network.

second, if you'r worried about value, etc, then consider a monthly subscription for $4 or $10 (depending upon the license you get) - then, if you don't like it after a month or two then you're not out of pocket a great deal.

You can also play in a group with the Demo/Free License, provided that the host of the game (the GM, or Game Master) has an Ultimate License.

Personally, I paid for the Ultimate license straight off because it was worth it - and I've gotten 4+ years of use with all the upgrades fro free since then, and I can see me using it for literally decades to come.

So what do you get if you buy? You get the mechanics of several Role-Playing Games built in, plus the ability to (with a smigeon of work) play any RPG - if you want, you can also pick up pre-processed adventures and sourcesbooks (known as Modules here) or you can make you own.

Does that help answer your questions?

Cheers

Bearspearson
December 12th, 2015, 14:31
This does indeed answer my question. I was just wondering if I should buy it straight off or not. Hell, I even have it in my cart on steam right now. But I just wanted to know what I was getting into, and sorry for calling it a game, my bad!

Cheers and you stay awesome and wonderful.

dulux-oz
December 12th, 2015, 14:38
No, not your bad - its just that we seen your question before and some people actually do think its a game in and of itself.

Now, I don't know if you've seen them or not, but can I recommend that you check out the various Video Tutorials available on the FG Wiki - damned's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below). start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG form the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with FG, and by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with FG.

Cheers