PDA

View Full Version : MAC Test Connection Failing

Meliath1742
December 12th, 2015, 11:49
OK, moving my FG hosting over to my iMac I've run into some issues. I've moved my TP-Link Poweline Extender to an outlet next to the Mac and I'm connected to its Ethernet port. With the mac's WiFi turned off I have internet access using the Ethernet with no problems. However, the FG Test Connection fails and I show no (blank) internal IP address on the FG connection screen. I'm not real familiar with using a Mac since its been primarily for my kids...so please take my ignorance into consideration here. I'm also new to running FG thru Steam (which I'm not real fond of so far).

damned
December 12th, 2015, 12:36
You were running FG on your PC. Did you manually configure your Router to port forward to the PC? If so (and its likely you did) then you need to change this port forwarding to the Macs IP Address...

Meliath1742
December 12th, 2015, 13:50
Meaning I would need to give the MAC a static IP address correct? I'll take a look☺

Meliath1742
December 12th, 2015, 17:56
OK, think I got it working. Setup the static IP for the MAC, changed the modems port forward. Also discovered that there was no DNS addresses...got those added and everything seems to be working. Connection Test is good and I was able to get my wife's client to hook up! Couple of things I noted. 1. The modem wouldn't let me just add another 1802 port forward for the mac's new IP. Had to delete the old one and create a new one. Read a few blogs that had mixed conclusions about porting the same port to different end devices. 2. I still show no internal IP address on the FG login screen. My assumption is that because I'm running thru Steam you can only access FG via an external IP. That's what worked for my wife's computer...which never worked before. Anyways...all GOOD for now! Thanks damned��

damned
December 13th, 2015, 00:43
You can only port forward to one IP at a time. If you later switch to another computer you will need to delete this record and put in the new one. Im not familiar enough with the Mac Install to comment on the lack of IP address showing... sorry.

ddavison
December 13th, 2015, 00:45
Some routers have an option to disable a port forward or "game server" setup and re-enable another one. Just make sure they are clearly marked.

I think the local IP address doesn't display on my iMac either within FG.

Meliath1742
December 13th, 2015, 15:23
Thanks guys. The Mac lost the Ethernet connection somehow. I had to disconnect the Ethernet cable and reinstall it and Viola!...works again. Gonna do some more research to see if I'm missing something on setting up the Mac...not an FG problem.