PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Campaigns from PC to iMac

Meliath1742
December 11th, 2015, 14:05
Ok, my laptop (ASUS) is dying and before it goes all the way down, whats the best way to transfer my campaigns over to my iMac? Because its a mac (that I rarely use), not real sure how to do this. I have backups of my FG files on Google Drive...can I just drop them into the iMac FG folder?

ddavison
December 11th, 2015, 14:39
If you want to use Steam, you would do the following:
1. Launch Steam and choose Activate a Product > Add a Game
2. Enter your existing license key
3. Go to your Steam Library, select Fantasy Grounds and click Install (wait for it to fully finish)
4. Enter your license key and username into your settings and run your Update
5. Launch FG from Steam and click on the folder icon on the launch screen
6. Copy your files from your PC into the relevent portions there. You really only need your Campaign data unless you have any custom rulesets or extensions

Meliath1742
December 11th, 2015, 22:50
Thanks dd:)

Meliath1742
December 12th, 2015, 11:17
OK, I transferred everything from the FG folder to the FG folder on the iMac...but what about items in the FGII folder? I don't see an FGII folder on the iMac. Do I just migrate them to the FG folder too?

damned
December 12th, 2015, 12:37
Older installs used Fantasy Grounds II\ while newer ones just use Fantasy Grounds\

Meliath1742
December 12th, 2015, 15:21
So does that mean I can just add them to the FG folder?

ddavison
December 12th, 2015, 18:16
Yes you can; however, don't overwrite anything already in the Fantasy Grounds folder since it is likely newer. Note that it wouldn't be showing up on your PC version either if it is still hanging out in the FGII folders.