PDA

View Full Version : Map changes

Riuk
December 11th, 2015, 00:39
Hi all,
I had my first session with my friends (I am the DM) and we really enjoyed FG software.
Unfortunally when I opened again FG I had to make again all previous changes:
1)I shared maps to characters and they are not shared.
2)They were in the middle of a dungeon and now when I opened the map of the dungeon the map is reset as new.

What have I done wrong? Can you help me to understand how to save changes? (I used also the command /save but when I open the campaign I have to redo everything again).

Thanks

Griogre
December 11th, 2015, 01:40
What license version are you using? Is it possible you were running in demo mode where changes are not saved? Did you close then open the adventure module or type /flushdb?

Normally, you stuff should have saved.

Trenloe
December 11th, 2015, 05:56
A few people have reported recently that their campaigns weren't saving. The rumour is that it might be related to some recent Windows update, but no one has been able to point to which update.

Running FG as administrator (right-click on the FG startup icon and select "Run as Administrator") each time you start FG seems to fix the issue.

TMO
December 11th, 2015, 06:15
A few people have reported recently that their campaigns weren't saving. The rumour is that it might be related to some recent Windows update, but no one has been able to point to which update.

Running FG as administrator (right-click on the FG startup icon and select "Run as Administrator") each time you start FG seems to fix the issue.

Would performing the /save command from the chat window before ending the game help? I've just gotten in the habit of doing this on a regular basis just in case.

Trenloe
December 11th, 2015, 06:20
Would performing the /save command from the chat window before ending the game help? I've just gotten in the habit of doing this on a regular basis just in case.
This really shouldn't make a difference - FG auto saves every 5 minutes and saves on exit. If FG exits normally without error then it uses exactly the same save process as the /save command.

/save is handy when FG doesn't close down cleanly.

If FG is closing OK then there is an issue with the save in general - which can usually be solved by running as administrator.

TMO
December 11th, 2015, 06:54
This really shouldn't make a difference - FG auto saves every 5 minutes and saves on exit. If FG exits normally without error then it uses exactly the same save process as the /save command.

/save is handy when FG doesn't close down cleanly.

If FG is closing OK then there is an issue with the save in general - which can usually be solved by running as administrator.

I think I got paranoid once when FG closed due to a system crash and I lost all my work (and more than 5 seconds worth...more like a couple hours). So I got into the habit of regularly performing the /save command.

But, running as administrator sounds like a good practice to follow. Duly noted.

Riuk
December 11th, 2015, 11:22

Thank you!! Running FG as administrator fixed the issue!!

Thank you all!