PDA

View Full Version : Connection test failure

Ainianu
December 10th, 2015, 21:10
Hello, i have recently reinstalled FG after quite some time.
I am unable to get a connection test to pass as a GM and i have router firewall off, pc firewall off and antivirus is currently off too.

Obviously i had tried port forwarding prior to just shutting it all off but its still not working and i just cannot think why. Anyone have any ideas? :)

Moon Wizard
December 10th, 2015, 23:41
If you have a cable modem or DSL modem provided by your Internet Service Provider, they often include a router in it. If so, you'll need to log into the modem interface and route port 1802 from the cable/DSL modem to the IP address of your internal router.

Also, have you tried connecting via a second instance on the same machine already to make sure that the firewall on the local computer is good?

Regards,
JPG

Ainianu
December 11th, 2015, 00:37
Thank you for the response :)
If i run it twice on the same pc using LAN ip address to connect it works.
The router has 1802 forwarded for my internal ip address.
Firewall on router and pc are disabled.
anti-virus is disabled.
The modem itself has no router built in as far as i know, which is why we needed the extra router (both supplied by isp)

I really cannot figure this out :(

Ainianu
December 11th, 2015, 00:41
Update: I had an instance of FG up in the background the entire time i had forgotten about. Must have been from before i changed port forwarding

After closing that and restarting FG after all instances closed the run test worked.