PDA

View Full Version : Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_tokenmarker.lua"]:118

g0ntzal
December 10th, 2015, 20:50
Hello,

I'm having a disturbing issue running 3.1.5 Ultimate and Savage Worlds 4.2.2. If defeated markers option is enabled, I get this message:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_tokenmarker.lua"]:118: attempt to index local 'tokenPlaceholder' (a nil value)

No extensions nor modules are loaded but Science Fiction Companion.

Any ideas about how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance...

Gon

phantomwhale
December 11th, 2015, 00:23
I had someone else bring up this issue ([edit] opps no, it was also you !) which I'd thought might be related to an extension or similar, but I'm not so sure now.

I tried to make this happen in a fresh SavageWorlds 4.2.2 campaign, with no extensions, and couldn't cause the error to trigger. That said, I would be quite surprised if the Sci-Fi companion was causing this bug (as it doesn't interfere with the code, from memory, it's just a library module).

Can you recreate this in a fresh campaign ? Or run me through the exact steps that produced it ?

There might be something subtle to the conditions around this - rest assured, I do have it on my list to investigate further in any case, but if we can nail down what the pre-requisites are to make it happen that will make the bugfix much easier.

phantomwhale
December 11th, 2015, 00:27
Looking again at both bug reports, the common theme seems an inability to find the token for a combatant, or for this one, the map window that the combatant's token is on.

Does everyone involved in this HAVE tokens ? And are they all placed on the combat map ?

g0ntzal
December 11th, 2015, 05:37
Thanks for your support. I can't understand it but creating a fresh campaign it works!!! I have to export the PCs from the old campaign but it is working properly. Thanks so much!!!