PDA

View Full Version : Chat text.

Dragontail
December 10th, 2015, 20:06
So writing up the different discriptions of rooms for my dungeon crawl, and I am trying to figure out how to create the text to say it in a language. what I currently have is...

Text box
"You see a sign to the left of the door"

Text box - assigned to Sign Post
"Tower Mechanics"

Now if I remember to change my langue in chat to Dwarf it does it perfectly, however if i dont it does it so everyone can understand. Ya maybe not a problem in a normal campaign, but the dwarf in my campaign is a bit of a xenophobe and doesnt not always tell the rest what the runes mean.

So the question, is there away to assign a chat box a specfic language or do I just need to be careful and make sure I switch it every time?

Zacchaeus
December 10th, 2015, 20:09
You need to be careful about setting the language; you can't at this time attach a language to a chat box.

Trenloe
December 10th, 2015, 20:10
So the question, is there away to assign a chat box a specfic language or do I just need to be careful and make sure I switch it every time?
You have to be careful.

More info in this post and a few after: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26592-New-official-language-fonts-for-5E&p=242553&viewfull=1#post242553

Dragontail
December 10th, 2015, 20:43
poo ok thanks,

Next question. How do i make an item the players find unidentified? If i make the item it works no problem but if i drag it from the DMG into the parcels its auto identified.

Zacchaeus
December 10th, 2015, 20:53
You need to set the option (in options) Item: Identification to 'On'.

Dragontail
December 11th, 2015, 01:59
Ok that fixed it right up thanks Zacc (not sure how this got turned off lol)

Zacchaeus
December 11th, 2015, 12:07
Ok that fixed it right up thanks Zacc (not sure how this got turned off lol)

It's off by default; you specifically need to turn it on if you want the option of having the players identify things.

Trenloe
December 12th, 2015, 01:48
To clarify options - they are set on a per campaign basis. So, if you set item identification to on in one campaign, it is only on in that campaign - it doesn't change the settings of all your other campaigns. This means that you should be aware of the options you like to use and when you create a new campaign one of the first things you should do is setup your options.