PDA

View Full Version : Game Calendar Android Application

daemonos
December 10th, 2015, 10:22
Greetings Travellers,

As the title says, wouldn't be great if we had an application for our smarthphone that sends notifications about the time of our sessions, and the campaigns to search and apply?
Is that possible? What's your opinion on this matter?

Cheers!

Nylanfs
December 10th, 2015, 13:50
It would be great.

LordEntrails
December 11th, 2015, 21:49
I'm not against it, but it's not something I would use (though I do use an Android phone). Outlook runs my life, so .ics or calendar invites would be what we be of value to me.

dulux-oz
December 12th, 2015, 00:35
I'm not against it, but it's not something I would use (though I do use an Android phone). Outlook runs my life, so .ics or calendar invites would be what we be of value to me.

And me as well. although I use Firefox not Outlook

Brynnan
December 12th, 2015, 03:43
If it's a .ics compatible calendar, it would be compatible with pretty much all calendar systems in existence. Android, iOS, Google, Outlook, they could all read it.

damned
December 12th, 2015, 04:50
And me as well. although I use Firefox not Outlook

do you mean thunderbird?

dulux-oz
December 12th, 2015, 05:08
do you mean thunderbird?

Sorry, yes, Thunderbird - OK, that's it - I obviously had a seniors' moment :(

daemonos
December 13th, 2015, 09:45
yes but get notifications on your mobile, and be able to check it any time would be more useful i believe. And its not that hard to create it. Plus being able to check it at ANY time. you can also add a time converter! :)

LordEntrails
December 16th, 2015, 00:24
I missing something.

I'm on an android phone right now, I just checked my game calendar and it converts the game time to the time set in my profile. Admittedly it does not adjust the time for the locale my phone is in at any given moment, like outlook does, but I don't see what an app can do that my phone doesn't already do with just aa built in web browser.

daemonos
December 16th, 2015, 06:57
The think is thatyou are not always on the browser or in front of a computer. And besides that smartphones are part of our life now, why not use them for our benefit?

Monkn
December 16th, 2015, 09:10
I agree that an app would be nice. There are times I am out and not paying attention to the time and app that would alert you that you have a session tonight would be nice.

LordEntrails
December 18th, 2015, 04:04
Oh, so you want a notification to pop up on your phone. I get it now. Just didn't think of that because I disable notifications from all apps that I install.

daemonos
December 18th, 2015, 09:51
:) plus an automated time converter so I don't have to do the math