PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate licence sharing with other licences

djwhitedevil
December 10th, 2015, 08:58
Hello, I've searched the forums and answered some of my former questions however one still remains.

If I buy the ultimate licence as well as extra DLC such as books and content, could a person with the regular licence ($39) DM a game that I host while I share the content from my licence?

For example:

I am a player in a campaign in which our DM has the $39 version. I want to host the game so that other players even if using the demo version can join. Now once we are all in the campaign, if I have the extra content such as: Complete core monster pack, complete core class pack, complete DM guide, adventures, etc. Is it possible since I own the ultimate campaign and am playing as a player (NOT DM) to share the manuals and content with the DM and other players? or must the DM supply all of that content?

I am asking since we are a group of 5 players in a D&D 3.5 campaign and I was curious to know if it was worth switching over from Roll20 or not.

Thank you.

Mask_of_winter
December 10th, 2015, 09:04
The host is the GM. A player can't host.

djwhitedevil
December 10th, 2015, 09:15
alright but if the GM hosts, can a player share content such as the books and tokens?

dulux-oz
December 10th, 2015, 09:40
No, the GM needs to have the content loaded on his machine. If a Player also has the content on his machine then the content doesn't have to travel across the network/Internet, but the GM still needs the content in the first place.

But if costs and/or the GM role revolves, why don't you guys consider subscriptions instead of outright purchase - then you can use the Ultimate License when you are the GM and the demo when you aren't

Cheers

djwhitedevil
December 10th, 2015, 09:42
thank you for the information. I will speak to my group and make a decision from there.

Thanks again!

Nickademus
December 10th, 2015, 19:47
No, the GM needs to have the content loaded on his machine. If a Player also has the content on his machine then the content doesn't have to travel across the network/Internet, but the GM still needs the content in the first place.

I'm pretty sure this changed recently. A player can have content on his/her machine that the GM doesn't have. The player requests the module to be opened and it appears in the GM's list. The GM can then drag a green check to the module to allow the player to access it. This doesn't share the content with the GM or other players, but it does allow a player to use his/her own content without the GM having to have it.

Griogre
December 10th, 2015, 21:47
Yes, this is now true. :)

dulux-oz
December 11th, 2015, 00:04
There-you-go, I've just learnt something

My apologies for the mis-information

Cheers

Nickademus
December 11th, 2015, 03:14
*Linguistics check failure*

o.O

Nylanfs
December 11th, 2015, 03:16
spammers getting through.

Nickademus
December 11th, 2015, 03:21
You have placed an abundance of hard work to keep this publish.

I'm going to take this as him saying "Good job Smite Works!" and ignore the rest. See, not spam, just another satisfied customer. :D