PDA

View Full Version : LanguagePak (LPak) Community Project/Program

Pages : 1 [2]

Dr0W
July 17th, 2018, 02:53
I know it's possible to do it by meddling with the script, but it's not a viable long term solution plus it is a minor problem that could be handled in a future ruleset release.
I was thinking of a temporary workaround similar to yours, I will check your work ;-)

I've been talking to Ikael about making the ruleset more translatable, and this was one of the improvements he did for the 4.7 update and is already on the Test channel if you're interested.
Now you can simply use this line of code to redefine the skill for different types of attack

local rWeapon = WeaponManager.getWeaponTypeByTitle("Melee")
rWeapon.associatedskill = "Tappelu"
WeaponManager.updateWeaponType(rWeapon)

Irrelevant to most the new update also brings us translators new Strings that make most of the ruleset fully working when using a translation, stuff that before would only work with english expressions (like the entire Character Summary Window, grouping rules, etc) will now work with whatever you translated on the Strings file. :D

christophersons
July 17th, 2018, 03:18
Acompanhando! Parabéns pelo Português

trobadork
August 14th, 2018, 17:21
Hi all !
No news for the release of the Starfinder resource ?

dulux-oz
August 14th, 2018, 17:27
Hi all !
No news for the release of the Starfinder resource ?

Not yet - I'm having issues getting ahold of the raw files

trobadork
August 14th, 2018, 17:37
Thanks for the reply, and good luck ;)

lmontecosta
October 18th, 2018, 23:47
Hey there. I'm Lucas, people call me Montero and I want to keep up this work with my native language on this beautiful software that is Fantasy Grounds

I finished the translation work on CoreRPG started by Nibelung.
MasterJena worked with me also, helping with some strings and translation
Here is:

dulux-oz
October 19th, 2018, 03:31
Excellent! Thank you Imontecosta, and Welcome to the Project

Laerun
October 19th, 2018, 03:36
This is great news! Have you spoken with Bruno 2020 before Montero?

Laerun
October 19th, 2018, 03:39
Someone wants to update your work for the Lpack Portuguese Translations Bruno! This is good news.

lmontecosta
October 19th, 2018, 04:01
Someone wants to update your work for the Lpack Portuguese Translations Bruno! This is good news.
Hey Laerun. How long time! Do you remember me from FGC? I'v been there for a while. We'v spoken once about bring brazilian people for FG

Well, following the lead here of project/program, I haven't noticed any other project besides Nibelung's one. But I can talk to him. I still have his contact. Watching his stream at this right moment

Good to see u again. See ya.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 19th, 2018, 13:21
Yes Laerun, I talked a lot with Montero yesterday, I may not be more engaged, but I always try to spread the word of Fantasy Grounds, it is certain that the translation I made of CoreRPG is outdated, but I quickly handle and how much of the Call of Cthulhu 6E is complete, rolled up, chat, ruleset, after all my translations only involved the Ruleset I never had patience to translate the modules and unfortunately when I did them in a wise of Project LPak and I am too lazy to change to this format.

Laerun
October 19th, 2018, 13:29
Montero, please come visit me. This project is awesome. This is something I believe in greatly. Even though I do not speak Portuguese, I am proud that you have considered with the translation. If you need more help or support let me know.

Laerun.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 19th, 2018, 13:35
Aew Montero parabéns pela iniciativa!

Blue Haven
October 20th, 2018, 15:26
Amigo como é que estão as coisas por ai?? Está tudo a correr bem?
Grande abraço :)

lmontecosta
October 22nd, 2018, 20:09
Finishing the Phase 1 of the translation.
Terminando a Primeira Fase da tradução.

Dr0W
October 25th, 2018, 02:15

I think you might be mistaken, Laerun. The brazilian portuguese translation is Nibelung's doing, not Bruno's. Bruno is usually doing his own personal projects, not LPaks ones that can be actually shared.

That being said, I'm happy montero got the CoreRPG one. I would pick it up myself, but since my thing is Savage Worlds the previous not updated project was working fine. But now I'm really happy to find out that Montero is working on it, we may now improve both translations with consistency between both LPaks since I couldn't reach Nibelung before. This is awesome news, and welcome to the team!

Laerun
October 25th, 2018, 02:18
Okay, cool. This is great. I hope these projects can continue to grow and allow for more people all over the world to ay Fantasy Grounds.

Dr0W
October 25th, 2018, 03:00
Okay, cool. This is great. I hope these projects can continue to grow and allow for more people all over the world to ay Fantasy Grounds.

Brazil is a big country and full of roleplayers. Maybe one day we would have FGC classes in portuguese, for some of our non english speaker friends who want to learn? ;) I'd sure be glad to spread my FG Knowledge

lmontecosta
October 25th, 2018, 03:18
I think you might be mistaken, Laerun. The brazilian portuguese translation is Nibelung's doing, not Bruno's. Bruno is usually doing his own personal projects, not LPaks ones that can be actually shared.

That being said, I'm happy montero got the CoreRPG one. I would pick it up myself, but since my thing is Savage Worlds the previous not updated project was working fine. But now I'm really happy to find out that Montero is working on it, we may now improve both translations with consistency between both LPaks since I couldn't reach Nibelung before. This is awesome news, and welcome to the team!

Good to know I'm not alone. Bruno has already come to me and told me about his projects. We'll work together for sure and I'm really excited

Laerun
October 25th, 2018, 03:24
Brazil is a big country and full of roleplayers. Maybe one day we would have FGC classes in portuguese, for some of our non english speaker friends who want to learn? ;) I'd sure be glad to spread my FG Knowledge I did offer the option of Portuguese classes, but it did not stay alive long enough to grow. Montero knows.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
October 25th, 2018, 03:48
It is true I do not follow the norms and nor adaptations of LPak nor do I intend to do it, but if they authorize and want to adapt I have a complete CoreRPG and a Call of Cthulhu 6E complete and working, I had GURPS but I will have to redo , because I lost the file and since I have not moved for a long time, much has changed.
Laerun is an inspiration for me and I believe that for the community for his project and initiative and lmontecosta is a good friend that is emerging gradually and as for Dr0W what to talk about my friend and master dear, who takes my doubts that clarifies my follies and things like.

MasterJena
October 31st, 2018, 00:42
Greetings, I'm Jean Velith (MestreJena) and I'm interested in translating the 5E ruleset to Brazilian Portuguese (Português Brasileiro).

I've been playing RPGs (Especially D&D) for some years now so I'm very familiarized with it's concepts and rules (Just got FG, have been learning for quite a while tho.).

Bidmaron
October 31st, 2018, 00:43
Welcome, MasterJena!

MasterJena
October 31st, 2018, 03:35
Thank you!!

Quick update: Phase 1 Complete.

lmontecosta
October 31st, 2018, 04:10
Welcome MasterJena

MasterJena
November 4th, 2018, 20:24
LPak-Brazilian_Portuguese-5E Extension v2.0

Updated sucessfully to 2.0. Especial thanks to Lmontecosta for guidance!!

Enjoy!

Edit: Updated to 2.1, translations are more on par with the brazilian SRD.

Razortide
November 14th, 2018, 18:54
Hi, I am Marc and I am new with Fantasy Grounds. That is an awesome project here and I want to support you guys. I am especially interested in translating the SaWoDe ruleset.

I had translated some roleplaying products in the past and I am very familiar with the terms in both languages. I am also proficient with all the used tools.

dulux-oz
November 15th, 2018, 01:44
Hi, I am Marc and I am new with Fantasy Grounds. That is an awesome project here and I want to support you guys. I am especially interested in translating the SaWoDe ruleset.

I had translated some roleplaying products in the past and I am very familiar with the terms in both languages. I am also proficient with all the used tools.

Welcome Razortide, and thanks for joining our little group.

Cheers

Razortide
November 16th, 2018, 08:18
Alright, for testing purposes I used the old translation from André and tinkered around with it. I've found that german terms are often overflowing and I have a few issues with umlauts, but found my solution in the Core RPG part. If it is ok, I would check out both files for updating purpose. (CoreRPG and SaWo)

Blue Haven
November 18th, 2018, 00:36
Mil Obrigados Mestre Jena :)
Grande abraço :)

Razortide
November 20th, 2018, 12:30
Alright, for testing purposes I used the old translation from André and tinkered around with it. I've found that german terms are often overflowing and I have a few issues with umlauts, but found my solution in the Core RPG part. If it is ok, I would check out both files for updating purpose. (CoreRPG and SaWo)

Ping?

SmileyMan
December 27th, 2018, 23:42
Hi!

@ dulux-oz : As you told me, I started with CoreRPG (v3.3.7 today) in French which brought new features not translated since LPak.ext in french is for 3.3.3.
For exemple the whole vehicule menu.

But the ressource file for CoreRPG in post #3 is still 3.3.2. Should I use the files of the ruleset or wait for your updated ressource archive to do the job as explain in the doc.

For the images, is that better to create a new image to look the same, or to modify the english one?

Bye! :)

Blue Haven
January 5th, 2019, 19:45
Força Ai Master Jena :)
Sempre que possa vou testando as coisas que fizeres :)
Abraço grande :)

Alanrockid
January 12th, 2019, 01:04
I've made a Full translation (ruleset, interface and graphics) of CoreRPG for Brazilian Portuguese, but i've made it as an extension, since i was not aware of this project. I'm i allowed to post it here in the forum? How should i proceed?

Laerun
January 13th, 2019, 23:33
I've made a Full translation (ruleset, interface and graphics) of CoreRPG for Brazilian Portuguese, but i've made it as an extension, since i was not aware of this project. I'm i allowed to post it here in the forum? How should i proceed?

This is awesome!

lozanoje
February 9th, 2019, 06:55
Hi:

I've used the Savage Worlds LPak zip file to create a quick translation into Spanish, but there are some strings missing, for example "Pace" from Derived Stats is not in the xml files, so that when I load the extensiton, not all the items are translated and the final results is a mix between native English and my Spanish strings.

I've tried to get those strings from the original ruleset and I've incorporated them to the extension, but seems that those lines are not loaded, for example"Pace" is within a string called "derivedstat_pace", I've included in my strings_common.xml as <string name="derivedstat_pace">Paso</string> but it is still in english in the FG.

Am I missing something?

damned
February 9th, 2019, 07:22
Welcome lozanjoe

try changing this one too:
<string name="armor_label_pace">Pace</string>

lozanoje
February 9th, 2019, 09:05
Welcome lozanjoe

try changing this one too:
<string name="armor_label_pace">Pace</string>

Was an example, in fact, I catched all them all, included "armor_label_pace".

When I saw there were missing strings I took the 5 complete xml files from the original pak ruleset and replace the ones in the Lpak and translated.

So I took all the strings in the ruleset, but still there are a lot of things in english, not only Pace: see screenshoot.

lozanoje
February 11th, 2019, 18:30
Hi:

I've used the Savage Worlds LPak zip file to create a quick translation into Spanish, but there are some strings missing, for example "Pace" from Derived Stats is not in the xml files, so that when I load the extensiton, not all the items are translated and the final results is a mix between native English and my Spanish strings.

I've tried to get those strings from the original ruleset and I've incorporated them to the extension, but seems that those lines are not loaded, for example"Pace" is within a string called "derivedstat_pace", I've included in my strings_common.xml as <string name="derivedstat_pace">Paso</string> but it is still in english in the FG.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Yes, I was missing something:

1.- SW ruleset depends on CoreRPG, and must be specified in dependencies and, of course, also translated.
2.- There are "derived statistics" that must be updated manually using lua script.

I've noticed this thanks to the work of the Portuguese translation, thanks!

JusefPol
February 16th, 2019, 08:34
HI Everyone!!

I bought this app yesterday and I must confess I think it is amazing! I want to collaborate as much as I can to this project. Since I am Spanish (living abroad so my English should be good enough for translations) most of my manuals are in Spanish, which pose a problem when using specific modules or adventures. I don't mind expending some of my time translating as much as I can to make the app fully compatible with Spanish modules. I have some doubts first though, I hope you can show some light:

* Are we translating modules and rulesets only? Will this affect to all icons in Fantasy Grounds that seem hard-coded to English? (for example, "Library" being "Biblioteca", etc)
* The last edit on the LPak Framework was almost 1 year ago (3rd of May). Are those files still valid for the current version of the game?
* Can this translations help in the automatic operations in Fantasy Grounds (I've noticed yesterday that if I want to create a new race for example, in the traits, there are specific sentences that need to be used in order for the system to catch them like "Your Dexterity score increases by 2."). After translated, will the system understands the Spanish translation of that sentence in order to make the change automatically?

Thanks, I am hoping to find all the free time that I can to translate everything.

lozanoje
February 16th, 2019, 09:45
HI Everyone!!

I bought this app yesterday and I must confess I think it is amazing! I want to collaborate as much as I can to this project. Since I am Spanish (living abroad so my English should be good enough for translations) most of my manuals are in Spanish, which pose a problem when using specific modules or adventures. I don't mind expending some of my time translating as much as I can to make the app fully compatible with Spanish modules. I have some doubts first though, I hope you can show some light:

Read my previous post, I've already translated to Spanish, but since I've changed a lot of things from the original Lpak files, I've decided not to post here.

My spanish translation currently contains:

1. Translation of CoreRPG.
2. Translation of SW.
3. Translation of Background & Advances Tab.
4. Translation of SW4_Theme_RedWhite_v2.

All packaged in a single extension with lots of new spanish icons.

You can help me polishing the extension, or use at it is.

I am trying to fix a bug that I think it is beyond my knowledge of lua and I have to ask for help to the portuguese collegue that made the translation to Portuguese.

This is currently the look of the extension:

https://i68.tinypic.com/1z520jt.jpg
https://i64.tinypic.com/fm3pk6.jpg

Drop me a pm with your email and I will send you the extension to test.

José

lozanoje
February 16th, 2019, 09:46
Other screenshots:

https://i68.tinypic.com/zj74i9.jpg
https://i67.tinypic.com/11rptw2.jpg

lozanoje
February 16th, 2019, 09:47
Finally, all new icons:

https://i67.tinypic.com/33oqf6h.jpg

Mindstalker
April 14th, 2019, 20:58
Sorry, but I´m not getting it.

I´d like to get the 5E updated in German.
I could to everything related to translation and images - could someone hook me up how to do this? Begin from scratch? Use the existing one from the current German contributer and update it somehow?

Help appreciated, if I´m getting this right, even the LPak isn´t updated for 3.3.7/3.3.8 so I wouldn´t even be able to work on it?
A step-by-step for getting me into updating or creating this from scratch for the current FG version would be awesome, can´t wait to start but just don´t know how xD

damned
April 14th, 2019, 22:37

I could to everything related to translation and images - could someone hook me up how to do this? Begin from scratch? Use the existing one from the current German contributer and update it somehow?

Help appreciated, if I´m getting this right, even the LPak isn´t updated for 3.3.7/3.3.8 so I wouldn´t even be able to work on it?
A step-by-step for getting me into updating or creating this from scratch for the current FG version would be awesome, can´t wait to start but just don´t know how xD

There will only be minor or no missing entries using a slightly older LPAK conversion.
It will not be perfect but it will be a good start so you can see what is still remaining in English.

Mindstalker
April 15th, 2019, 05:21
but it will be a good start
Thats my point - my question basically was, with which file I should start my editing.
The ext file from the current german contributor for 3.3.2 or sth like that? I guess there would be stuff missing.
Or do I have to use his ext file and the läßt available lpak file for 5e and go through the "Update lpak" section of the documentation?

Im just not getting the process itself.

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2019, 07:02
Thats my point - my question basically was, with which file I should start my editing.
The ext file from the current german contributor for 3.3.2 or sth like that? I guess there would be stuff missing.
Or do I have to use his ext file and the läßt available lpak file for 5e and go through the "Update lpak" section of the documentation?

Im just not getting the process itself.

Start with the latest (German) LPak for the 5E Ruleset - and update it as best you can.

If there are still (non-German) translations, look at the latest LPak for the CoreRPG and run the update process for it.

However, because I haven't had time (due to medical issues) to prepare the source files for the latest version of FG, there may be language resources that exist in the latest version of the CoreRPG / 5E Rulesets which do not yet exist in the LPak-source files - when I get some time I'll update the source files to the latest versions and we can then see if there are still any "missing" translations - which we can then fix up.

How does all that sound?

drvolk
April 15th, 2019, 08:42

Hello Mindstalker,

as far as I know is the latest LPak-German version regarding the 5E rulesets from me and of course you can use and update this version if you want.
Basically you "only" have to find the entries in the resource files from the "strings" folder in the 5E ruleset (5e.pak file in the "rulesets" folder of FG, is actually a .zip file) which were not translated in the corresponding files for the LPak extension (The LPak-German-5e.ext is also actually a .zip file) and add them there.
In addition, the LPak-German-CoreRPG extension would have to be updated as well, because a newer set of rules version is now productive here as well.

The basic procedure is also described in detail and very well in the "LPak Framwork Documentation", post 2 in this forum.

Sargas
April 17th, 2019, 10:36
Hello All
Awesome Work !
is it possible to get the Talents / Feats / Spells descriptions in german too (for Pathfinder)?

what can I do to implement this ?

Greetings
Sargas

dulux-oz
April 17th, 2019, 11:11
Hello All
Awesome Work !
is it possible to get the Talents / Feats / Spells descriptions in german too (for Pathfinder)?

what can I do to implement this ?

Greetings
Sargas

Hi Sargas,

That's a lot, lot more difficult because the FG-engine actually parses the English text of these things to make the various effects, etc work - if we change the text to German (or any language other than English) FG will "break".

Sargas
April 17th, 2019, 14:32
Oh..
thanks for the answer.
Maybe we can hope for Fantasy Grounds Unity ?

LordEntrails
April 17th, 2019, 16:34
Oh..
thanks for the answer.
Maybe we can hope for Fantasy Grounds Unity ?
Its the way that much of the automation parses or is calculated. It looks for specific phrases and then builds actions and effects around those phrases. All of those words that it looks for are in English.

You can translate the feats etc to another language, but if you don't include the English phrases, then FG won't know that the translation for Dwarven Resilience (etc) is supposed to do anything. So its probably not something FGU can handle without re-architecting the rulesets themselves.

Henrique Oliveira Machado
May 7th, 2019, 14:03
With the 5e translated content coming to official D&D (soon at the stores in PT Brazilian). how much "legal" would be to translate content?
Isn't there any risk on wizards of the coast complaining about the translations, or it's considered as "you bought it, then it's ok".

The good thing is. As the translated content is being released officially soon: it won't be necessary too much effort. it's just transcribing from the original book into FG Lpak.

drvolk
May 8th, 2019, 07:25
Its the way that much of the automation parses or is calculated. It looks for specific phrases and then builds actions and effects around those phrases. All of those words that it looks for are in English.

You can translate the feats etc to another language, but if you don't include the English phrases, then FG won't know that the translation for Dwarven Resilience (etc) is supposed to do anything. So its probably not something FGU can handle without re-architecting the rulesets themselves.

In the feature wish list of FG there are now some requests regarding extended or improved localization support:

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=113353
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=40992
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=84833
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=62364
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=93491

Maybe it makes sense to create another request within the LPak project in which we summarize all requirements that we think would be necessary to be able to realize a complete localization within the framework of the project for all rules officially supported by FG ?

Dr0W
August 5th, 2019, 01:50
Hi! I've been working on the LPak for Pathfinder 2e ruleset for the Portuguese language.
Most of it has been translated before the PDF was released, so some terms aren't fully up to date.

The ruleset is in a really raw state and will continue do develop fully in the upcoming months, that's why I refrain from translating some code and will wait to see how the it will evolve until I make more changes, but this translation will be updated regularly with each new update.

There are flaws, usually when it comes to things coded directly into the ruleset not making use of tems translated in the String files. While I could probably "fix" those, I won't do that (yet) for the reason stated above. Also, I am sure that the ruleset developer right now is far more concerned about making the ruleset fully operational so I won't bother him about it.

Known problems:
- Lore Skills won't add to your sheet, because the ruleset looks for "Lore" instead of the Strings.xml entry. Just add them manually.
- Perception won't be added, but it won't trigger an error on the chargen, add it manually.
- Normal skills won't work because they have been translated, but if you create an ancestry/background/class with the translated skill name it portuguese, it will. So it's not really a problem. Either way, stay alert when creating character for errors and fix them manually.

I have also included the CoreRPG extension available in this very same thread not translated by me, for your convenience. The only difference in this one is that it adds an entry for the PF2E to be accepted as a ruleset.

MasterJena
October 20th, 2019, 22:24
Definitive version (?) of my 5E PTBR Lpak with updated terms following Galápagos's official translation.

dulux-oz
October 21st, 2019, 03:33
Definitive version (?) of my 5E PTBR Lpak with updated terms following Galápagos's official translation.

Excellent! Thank you. :)

Marco Perez
October 21st, 2019, 15:34
Hi, I made the .ext file for CORERPG and 3.5 Spanish for 3.3.8, they include sidebar graphics.
Ejoy

CoreRPG (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hr5jNIQagI66MS8qQGOp89L95OUHcWE2/view?usp=sharing)
3.5E (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1batztjRMlhkkZpaQYh8J4u2RPFehuxbC/view?usp=sharing)

dulux-oz
October 21st, 2019, 16:10
Hi, I made the .ext file for CORERPG and 3.5 Spanish for 3.3.8, they include sidebar graphics.
Ejoy

CoreRPG (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hr5jNIQagI66MS8qQGOp89L95OUHcWE2/view?usp=sharing)
3.5E (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1batztjRMlhkkZpaQYh8J4u2RPFehuxbC/view?usp=sharing)

Excellent - nice work Marco.

And Welcome! to the Community and the Project.

Alkenix
February 18th, 2020, 18:31
Hi Guys.
I have just downloaded and extracted the latest LPak-German-5E.ext, but unfortunately when I create a new 5e campaign (or load an existing one) I only get a red X in front of the .ext.
Can someone help me?

Dr0W
February 20th, 2020, 04:40
Hi Guys.
I have just downloaded and extracted the latest LPak-German-5E.ext, but unfortunately when I create a new 5e campaign (or load an existing one) I only get a red X in front of the .ext.
Can someone help me?

Hello Alkenix. You probably are missing the CoreRPG extension. You need both to make it work.

barbageek
March 15th, 2020, 17:32
Hi,

I'm new to FG and like to help for the french translation of CoC. I have difficulties to get started because I'm unable to find a link to the LPack framework or documentation.

Thanks for the Help

Markjan
March 16th, 2020, 11:06
Hello Barbageek,

The french translation for Cthulhu is already done.
You'll find it here : https://www.jdrvirtuel.com/viewtopic.php?f=454&t=23506&hilit=coc+7+ruleset

Alkenix
March 18th, 2020, 19:30
Will we get an Pathfinder 2e PC translation Project as well? :confused:

Neno
March 20th, 2020, 17:31
Hello everyone, I am Neno and I am new to these systems, I usually play in person with other players, but for reasons of distance we have resorted to this online method, my English is quite bad and I have been forced to use a translator, I would like to to know if you would be so kind as to tell me if d & d 5ta has a patch in Spanish and how to download it and use it to try to translate at least part of the program or sheet and spells.
Thanks for your help

ShadoWWW
March 22nd, 2020, 13:59
Hello. We have translated PHB+DMG+MM to Czech. We have the translations in PDF and HTML. We would really love to see the translations in FGU, and make the FGU UI translated to Czech as much as possible. We are ready to participate. I tried to make the mod files by myself, and it works OK but the UI is still in English, and the automation works for English key-words. Is there any process we could raise to translate the FGU to Czech?

RosenMcStern
March 23rd, 2020, 19:44
Hello, here is Core RPG in Italian v2.2 beta. Works with Unity.

The_Dragon_Ladis
March 24th, 2020, 11:08
I was thinking on starting translation to spanish for D&D 5E but I don't see where to download the resources files. They are suppossed to be on post #2 but I don't see any link or attached file on ANY post. Am I missing something super obvious?

damned
March 24th, 2020, 11:14
Bottom left hand corner of your screen - change the theme to FG Responsive.

The_Dragon_Ladis
March 24th, 2020, 11:21
I'm already using that theme. I can see and download attached files from other forum threads, but I can't see anything to download in this one :-(

damned
March 24th, 2020, 11:23
Did you follow the links in Post#2?

The_Dragon_Ladis
March 24th, 2020, 11:39
In Post#2 it says the resources archive is on Post#3. In Post#3 it states that the resource file is in that post, but I can't see anything, no attached file nor link, to download the resources file. I can't even see the download for the documentation file that's supposed to be on Post#2. Maybe it's me that I'm not understanding this correctly, but what I understand is the resource file download link should be on Post#3, right? If that's not the case please, point me in the right direction because I'm totally lost here :-(

damned
March 24th, 2020, 11:52
There are no files on those posts.
Those posts havent been edited in years so whatever resources were on those pages are not there anymore.
Follow the links from #2 and see if you can find what you are looking for.

The_Dragon_Ladis
March 24th, 2020, 12:25
Ok, I see Dulux is now gone from the community. I guess he took down all the links from his posts, so I'll have to grab the files from some other translation to start working.

Jacknight
March 28th, 2020, 12:57
Hello,
Is there a Pak for Pathfinder 2nd edition that I could paticipate to ?

FarysDelaraj
April 4th, 2020, 10:18
Bonjour, désolé pour la question. J'ai installé les extensions pour la traduction de mais elles n'ont pas l'air de fonctionner. Quelqu'un aurait un retour. Ou une manip à faire ?

I have put fr language pack but still doesn't work. Help please :D

Sasmira
April 4th, 2020, 10:31
Bonjour, désolé pour la question. J'ai installé les extensions pour la traduction de mais elles n'ont pas l'air de fonctionner. Quelqu'un aurait un retour. Ou une manip à faire ?

I have put fr language pack but still doesn't work. Help please :D

Regarde sur le forum français de jdrvirtuel (https://www.jdrvirtuel.com/viewforum.php?f=454) tu devrais trouver des packs language en français et qui fonctionnent ;)

FarysDelaraj
April 4th, 2020, 10:40
Merci !

ravanno
April 5th, 2020, 20:50
Hello!
I'm trying to review and participate in the spanish translation for all D&D modules. I've been looking for the LPak files and I can't find them. Are these files still available?
By the way, I have recently bought de full coreset for D&D5E (DM's Guide, Monster Manual and Player's Handbook), can I make the translations of these paid modules using the LPak method? If so, how can i do it?
It would be very interesting to have these official modules in different languages.
Thank you very much!

Moon Wizard
April 5th, 2020, 21:15
The original user who coordinated this effort left the community; so I don't think anyone is managing this right now.

Also, modules can not be translated for different languages; only the interface elements were translated by this project.

Regards,
JPG

MikeAefer
April 7th, 2020, 19:29
Hi, I bet this seems stupid to a lot of you, but I just can't figure it out. Can someone tell me how to activate extensions?
In my case I am interested in a german version for CoC - I have downloaded the coreRPG pack and the CoC German Language one and have put them into the extensions folder. But I can not figure out how or where to change the language to german.
Would be great if someone could give me a pointer. Thanks!

I just checked and I do see the language extension when using 5E as ruleset but not for CoC even though I have the CoC Extension in the extensions folder.

Found out what was causing the problem for me - in case someone else runs into problems:
I had to change the extensions.xml to reflect that my rulesets name is CallOfCthulhu7E instead of CallOfCthulhu.

IBaatsch
April 9th, 2020, 21:47
I had to change the extensions.xml to reflect that my rulesets name is CallOfCthulhu7E instead of CallOfCthulhu.

Where did u change it exactly? And why "CallOfCthulhu7E". I thought its the coreRPG?

MikeAefer
April 13th, 2020, 12:53
Hey, sorry for the delay. When I open up Fantasy Ground and Start/Resume a Campaign the Rulesetname for my cthulhu on the left was called CallOfCthulhu7E - I guess you could also change it to CoreRPG, but I'm not sure and I think you would not be able to activate other Cthulhu expansions. So I just used what I saw.

Oh and about where I changed it: I opened up the .ext file (with winRar) and in there you'll find a file named "extension.xml" which contains entries about the ruleset, which I have changed to:

<ruleset>
<name>CallOfCthulhu7E</name>
<minrelease>2</minrelease>
</ruleset>

MikeAefer
April 13th, 2020, 12:55
I do have another question. Maybe someone could help me out. I am trying to translate some more things in the interface to german but I don't know the string keys. Does someone have a list of string keys I could use for Cthulhu. I am especially looking for the keys Skills/Abilities in the Character sheet.

damned
April 13th, 2020, 14:33
I do have another question. Maybe someone could help me out. I am trying to translate some more things in the interface to german but I don't know the string keys. Does someone have a list of string keys I could use for Cthulhu. I am especially looking for the keys Skills/Abilities in the Character sheet.

Send me a PM please.

Davide87
April 14th, 2020, 10:32
Hi, as experienced italian DM of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons I own several original papery manual. So I would like to contribute to translate that D&D version in italian Language. Cheers

RosenMcStern
April 15th, 2020, 11:22
Hi, as experienced italian DM of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons I own several original papery manual. So I would like to contribute to translate that D&D version in italian Language. Cheers

I think gandalfmagic did something for the 5E SRD (post #60) but it is certainly not up to date. Do you have/need permission from Asmodee to translate entire manuals? The copyright for the italian translation is theirs.

Davide87
April 15th, 2020, 11:25
Hi, i could translate 2E (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons), not 5E.
Sorry, but i don't know nothing of copyright... Who is Asmodee?

Nouki
April 18th, 2020, 17:45
Hi,

Sorry for my approximativ english,

Did you think we will have a translation of Vampire the masquerade V5 (this one) https://store.steampowered.com/app/1180730/Fantasy_Grounds__Vampire_the_Masquerade_5th_Editio n_Ruleset_VTM5TH/ in french ?

I hesitate to buy it my friend and myself are not realy good in english and that can kill the imersive if we don't understand the rules

Best regard.

Sasmira
April 18th, 2020, 21:23
Hi,

Sorry for my approximativ english,

Did you think we will have a translation of Vampire the masquerade V5 (this one) https://store.steampowered.com/app/1180730/Fantasy_Grounds__Vampire_the_Masquerade_5th_Editio n_Ruleset_VTM5TH/ in french ?

I hesitate to buy it my friend and myself are not realy good in english and that can kill the imersive if we don't understand the rules

Best regard.

Bonjour,
Je l'ai sans doute deja précisé mais il existe un forum Jdrvirtuel (https://jdrvirtuel.com/viewforum.php?f=454) (dont j'en fais parti) pour la communauté française, ou nous faisons énormément de traduction, donc je pense que tu peux trouver ton bonheur la bas :)

S.

Sasmira
April 18th, 2020, 21:26
Hi, i could translate 2E (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons), not 5E.
Sorry, but i don't know nothing of copyright... Who is Asmodee?

Asmodee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asmodee)is a french publisher of RPG :)

Nouki
April 19th, 2020, 08:04
Ah super merci beaucoup pour le lien :)

Wind
April 24th, 2020, 04:18
Edit: 20/11/2019

Phase 1, 2 & 3 done. Added translated Simple Grey Theme for Savage Worlds. Updated for 5.1.

Hi, Dr0W
Do you has a plan to creste a full compatible translation to FGU?

Dr0W
April 24th, 2020, 05:28
Hi, Dr0W
Do you has a plan to creste a full compatible translation to FGU?

Yes. I think the translation is already compatible with FGU, but it's not up to date with latest update and brazilian rules. I will have to check the Simple Grey Theme too, but a complete update is already in the works and to be expected when Ikael finishes the 5.2 update that aims compatibility with FGU.

Jan van Leyden
April 24th, 2020, 21:11
According to post #2, work on the German D&D translation seems to be on hiatus. I might put some work into this, but how is this project managed now that Dulux-Oz has left the fold?

Wind
April 26th, 2020, 22:16
Yes. I think the translation is already compatible with FGU, but it's not up to date with latest update and brazilian rules. I will have to check the Simple Grey Theme too, but a complete update is already in the works and to be expected when Ikael finishes the 5.2 update that aims compatibility with FGU.

Nice. It's sounds very good! It will very nice if you created the Simple Brown Theme, too. =D

And, of course, you did a great work with the brazilian translation. Congratulations!

Dr0W
April 27th, 2020, 02:30
Nice. It's sounds very good! It will very nice if you created the Simple Brown Theme, too. =D

And, of course, you did a great work with the brazilian translation. Congratulations!

Here's my current iteration of the extension. It is not final, but I have already updated some official portuguese expressions and made it work with the ruleset's automation.

You will notice the new sidebar, that is going to be the standard for all FG products in the future. This one should not trigger any font warnings when loading on FGU, but you will notice that FGU font doesn't go really well with latin characters in some places.

It won't translate the new stuff new to 5.2 (yet), and still doesn't translate weight (you have to use lbs). I might release a version that calculates kg, but I've decided to keep it that way just in case people want to use content in english and portuguese altogether, so remember to double your items weights.

More features to come.

LordEntrails
April 29th, 2020, 18:52
... how is this project managed now that Dulux-Oz has left the fold?
It's waiting for someone to step up and to start managing it.

Myself or one of the other mods can update the first posts as needed. Just PM me any changes.

imspp
May 5th, 2020, 07:02
What Is The LPak Community Project/Program?
The LanguagePak Community Project/Program (or LPak for short) is a community-based project/program whose aim is to provide language translations for the various Rulesets and Extensions used with the Virtual Tabletop Software: Fantasy Grounds. The Project/Program consists of three Phases:

Phase 1: To translate the string resources contained in the CoreRPG and Child-Rulesets and Extensions.
Phase 2: To translate the language-specific graphic resources of the Rulesets and Extensions.
Phase 3: To translate the embedded language items within each Ruleset and Extension.

We are currently in Phase 2, with experienced Project Contributors who have translated their chosen Ruleset/Extension to the Phase 2 Standard welcome to begin Phase 3 of their chosen Ruleset/Extension.

Our Goal
Our goal is to produce a number of LanguagePak Extensions all having the same consistent structure for as many different Languages and as many different Rulesets and Extensions as we can.

Our Code Of Practice
We all subscribe to and follow the Project's/Program's Code Of Practice:

We participate as a Community, under the leadership of our Project/Program Manager, to produce the best outcome for the Project/Program, for Fantasy Grounds and for the users of our Project's/Program's Products.
We discuss issues as a Community, and we abide by the decisions of the Community, guided by our Project/Program Manager.
We respect each other and are tolerant of each other at all times.
We follow the Project/Program Standards at all times, striving for Consistency and Accuracy within our Translations and our Project's/Program's Products.
We keep the Project/Program and the Project/Program Manager fully informed of what we are doing at all times so as to make things as easy as possible for all concerned.
We leave our egos “at the door”, giving credit where it is due and only accepting credit where we've earned it.
We respect copyright and the work of others, never “adding to” nor “removing from” the original in our Translations.

Where Are The Language Paks?
Because of the number of LPaks the Project/Program has/will produce and because of the restrictions of the Forum Software, the individual LPaks are scattered across the Posts of this Thread. However, Post #2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27202-LanguagePak-(LPak)-Community-Project-Program&p=242971&viewfull=1#post242971) of this Thread acts as an Index to where individual LPaks are located.

How Do I Get Involved?
We're glad you asked! We always need and welcome new Project/Program participants and contributors. The first thing to do is download the LPak Framework Documentation from Post #2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27202-LanguagePak-(LPak)-Community-Project-Program&p=242971&viewfull=1#post242971) of this Thread and read about the Project/Program, the Standards and how to go about producing an LPak and participating as a Contributor.

My RPG Ruleset, Extension Or Language Isn't Listed
If you have a CoreRPG Child-Ruleset or an Extension that works with such a Ruleset that isn't listed on Post #2, or if you speak a Language that isn't listed on Post #2, then either post a message in this Thread or, better yet, Private Mail (PM) the Project/Program Manager and we'll see about getting it added to the Project/Program.

Project Members
Project/Program Manager: Matthew James Black (Dulux-Oz)

Project/Program Contributors:
drvolk, gandalfmagic, Ixion77, Jean-Yves G. (kael79), Markjan, Miguel Pereira Martínez, Nibelung, Rule of Three, Sasmira, Strainer, André Wicke (Printok), YaC

LPak?Where can I download it?

damned
May 5th, 2020, 07:29
welcome imspp

See post #2 but also make sure your browser is showing the site in FGResponsive and not Mobile view.

SirMotte
May 15th, 2020, 23:40
Hey there I'd like to help with bringing the German translations to an Up-to Date state for the Core and 5E rulesets. I have already made a lot of headway but would like to know a few things before I proceed:

Are translated strings expected to adhere to already existing, official translations, where applicable?

For example there are several official German translations of 5E core rulebooks available, published by "Ulisses-Spiele" (Ulisses-Games). A hot topic in the German DnD Community has always been their terrible quality. If I was to continue/update the German XMLs, am I expected to use these official translations when possible? I'd rather want to avoid them.

Also how is "We respect copyright and the work of others, never “adding to” nor “removing from” the original in our Translations." meant. While drvolk did a great job with his translations, some of them are translated 1:1, which makes a lot of sentences overly complicated, worst case even wrong. If there are more elegant German words or phrases to convey the same message, am I still expected to use the closest translated representations of those words, even if the outcome is clunky?

Cheers
SirMotte

drvolk
May 17th, 2020, 10:42
I think it is absolutely ok if you translate the 1:1 translations into more elegant ones.
You just shouldn't extend the content of the text or change it with your own interpretation.

SirMotte
May 18th, 2020, 20:49
I think it is absolutely ok if you translate the 1:1 translations into more elegant ones.
You just shouldn't extend the content of the text or change it with your own interpretation.

Alright, I'll get to it next week then. Thanks for your hard work so far!

drvolk
May 20th, 2020, 12:33
It's waiting for someone to step up and to start managing it.

Myself or one of the other mods can update the first posts as needed. Just PM me any changes.

If there is still a need for someone to continue the coordination of the project instead of or in representation of dulux-oz, I might be willing to do so.

I would also port the LPak framework and the corresponding LPak extensions into a GIT repository at the same time.
In my opinion, this would make it much easier, clearer and more efficient to manage the many LPaks.

ravanno
May 20th, 2020, 12:42
I'm also interested in that, so I can help with the spanish translation.
Multilanguage support will improve FG indeed.

LordEntrails
May 20th, 2020, 17:06
If there is still a need for someone to continue the coordination of the project instead of or in representation of dulux-oz, I might be willing to do so.

I would also port the LPak framework and the corresponding LPak extensions into a GIT repository at the same time.
In my opinion, this would make it much easier, clearer and more efficient to manage the many LPaks.
No one else has stepped up :)

If you move it to GIT, I would just make sure their are instructions or a link for folks new to GIT. Also, once any such move is done I can update the first post to point to the instructions and GIT.

Feel free to discuss, it's really up to those involved int he project how they want to handle it. Myself and the other mods will help facilitate.

Simerion
May 22nd, 2020, 09:02
Are translated strings expected to adhere to already existing, official translations, where applicable?

Think about what the expectations of the users are. If there would be no German translation, or you only offer a translation for your own rounds (as I did by the way), ignoring the official translation would certainly not be a problem.

But if Hans Mustermann loads your translation, he owns the German rules, and then has to translate back and forth between them and yours (e.g. because skills, spells, backgrounds, classes etc. are called differently), you have to ask yourself if this is really in the inventor's sense.

This is probably just my own opinion, but you should ask yourself this question. Personally, I think the best solution would be a two-step translation: One that contains everything and follows the official names if possible, and an optional one (with a higher loadorder) where the texts are "improved".

SirMotte
May 22nd, 2020, 13:32
[...]Personally, I think the best solution would be a two-step translation: One that contains everything and follows the official names if possible, and an optional one (with a higher loadorder) where the texts are "improved".

This is indeed a very sensible solution that I will put into practice. Two translations it is!

drvolk
May 26th, 2020, 10:32
I posted a poll to ask SmiteWorks to implement full localization support into their rulesets.

It would be great if as many community members as possible would participate in this vote.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58400-petition-to-SmiteWorks-to-implement-full-localization-support-into-their-rulesets

wikeff
June 24th, 2020, 15:07
I would like to help the translation of 5e to Brazilian Portuguese. I just don't quite understand where to get the files of the .ext to change them and how to assemble them together as an .ext that the game will actually recognize

drvolk
June 24th, 2020, 15:29
You could take the .ext file from post #306 for example:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27202-LanguagePak-(LPak)-Community-Project-Program&p=457496&viewfull=1#post457496

The ".ext" file from a technical point of view is just a Zip file. So you could open and extract the content of that .ext file with your ZIP tool. The word which needs to be translated are defined in the xml files in the "strings" sub dir.
To update these resource to the newest version of 5E you have to look into the 5E.pak ruleset file (also a Zip) string resources, also in the strings sub dir and check which one are new and not in the string resource of the ext. Include these new entries in the corresponding xml file of the .ext string resource and translate it also.

petersondsz
June 27th, 2020, 02:28
Edit: Update date 05/05/2020

Phase 1, 2 & 3 done. Updated for 5.2

Acompanho seu canal no youtube e gostaria de saber como posso ajudar a traduzir o SWEA para o FG Classic. Tanto a interface quanto o modulo core do jogador e core do mestre. Apanhei aqui na tradução das complicações.

Dr0W
June 27th, 2020, 04:44
Acompanho seu canal no youtube e gostaria de saber como posso ajudar a traduzir o SWEA para o FG Classic. Tanto a interface quanto o modulo core do jogador e core do mestre. Apanhei aqui na tradução das complicações.

Se possível me dá um toque no Discord do Fantasy grounds que te ajudo assim que possível =)

I would like to help the translation of
5e to Brazilian Portuguese. I just don't quite understand where to get the files of the .ext to change them and how to assemble them together as an .ext that the game will actually recognize

Me manda uma mensagem também que te ajudo com o que precisar =)

lmontecosta
June 27th, 2020, 17:48
Já temos, wikeff. Mas já foi entregue mas não foi postado na parte principal do fórum.

Soullesskid
August 25th, 2020, 17:33
Hello all!

I want to make a Portuguese (Brazil) translation for Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny v2 ruleset (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset). I did some research on the forums and saw this conversation (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49691-Translate-for-my-own&p=441827&viewfull=1#post441827). I would like to create an extension with the translation, but I am unsure how to proceed. Are there any tutorials on how to go about this?

johniba
August 25th, 2020, 20:26
Hello all!

I want to make a Portuguese (Brazil) translation for Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny v2 ruleset (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset). I did some research on the forums and saw this conversation (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49691-Translate-for-my-own&p=441827&viewfull=1#post441827). I would like to create an extension with the translation, but I am unsure how to proceed. Are there any tutorials on how to go about this?

Hi,

I am almost done creating a new ruleset for Genesys, and in a few weeks I am going to create the new Star Wars ruleset, which will use CORE and also will be compatible with FGUnity
If you want to be involved, we can start conversation about localizing it.
It depends on you, but i would say it would be better to devote time on this new ruleset, as it will be compatible with future FG development

Soullesskid
August 25th, 2020, 21:01
Hi,

I am almost done creating a new ruleset for Genesys, and in a few weeks I am going to create the new Star Wars ruleset, which will use CORE and also will be compatible with FGUnity
If you want to be involved, we can start conversation about localizing it.
It depends on you, but i would say it would be better to devote time on this new ruleset, as it will be compatible with future FG development

I would be honored!

DjPoke
October 3rd, 2020, 12:06
Hello

In French extension.xml from LPak_French_CoreRPG.ext, deleting the zero symbol at line 1 char 20 lets this extension seems to works within FGU.

KingLupo
December 9th, 2020, 17:43
Edit: Update date 05/05/2020

Phase 1, 2 & 3 done. Updated for 5.2

opa blz no seu vidio vc mostra 2 arquivos aki so tem um nao precisamos mais do outro?

Dr0W
December 17th, 2020, 06:59
opa blz no seu vidio vc mostra 2 arquivos aki so tem um nao precisamos mais do outro?

Aqui também tem (ou é pra ter), o arquivo do CoreRPG também.

Tymophil
February 19th, 2021, 08:38
Hi everyone,

I would like to translate the 4E ruleset in French for Fantasy Grounds Unity. So far, I have used the German translation as a guide. I managed to get most things to work except for the skills.
I translated the skills names in strings_4e.xml, but everything remains in english on the character sheet…

When I translate the frequency of powers (at-will, encounter and daily), the powers are not sorted anymore. I tried to use the German translation, and it does the same mess.

I also have a problem with the last update of Unity. The official French translation of Dungeons & Dragons 4E, translated Feats into Talents. In the last update, there are both Feats and Talents…

Did anyone face such problems?

DemianRITS
April 29th, 2021, 14:25
hi, I would like to participate with the 5e DnD end or Savage Worlds rule set spanish translation, but I cannot find the Lpaks to download or the documentation

drvolk
April 29th, 2021, 17:22
Hi everyone,

I would like to translate the 4E ruleset in French for Fantasy Grounds Unity. So far, I have used the German translation as a guide. I managed to get most things to work except for the skills.
I translated the skills names in strings_4e.xml, but everything remains in english on the character sheet…

When I translate the frequency of powers (at-will, encounter and daily), the powers are not sorted anymore. I tried to use the German translation, and it does the same mess.

I also have a problem with the last update of Unity. The official French translation of Dungeons & Dragons 4E, translated Feats into Talents. In the last update, there are both Feats and Talents…

Did anyone face such problems?

Hi Tymophil.

i had the same problem when trying to translate the Pathfinder Ruleset. The LPak Extension currently only replaces String Resource which were defined as string resource.
But the Skillist is built dynamicly by looping through the skill array defined in the data_common.lua script. The array key there is used as name of the skill in the charsheet skillist.

I had to add a new global script within the LPak to replace the array key with the translated values to get this fixed. The 5E ruleset is doing that in a simular way natively.

regards
drvolk

bmos
April 29th, 2021, 21:34
I managed to get most things to work except for the skills.
I translated the skills names in strings_4e.xml, but everything remains in english on the character sheet…I think you need to change them in data_common.lua (in scripts folder).

peterb
June 13th, 2021, 11:05
Hi all,

Included with this post is a Swedish translation of CoreRPG. As far as I can tell everything looks good but if you find anything strange, please let me know. Also you may or not agree with some choices I've made when doing the translation. That's easy to fix, just unpack the extension and change whatever you don't like.

jdelcom
June 13th, 2021, 13:54
Im interested in having the fgu interface in spanish. Has this already been done? If so, how can i get the ext? If not, how can i help?

Aergath
March 15th, 2022, 08:13
Hello,

Here it is, the v1 of the French LPak for 5E.

If anybody notice some mistake or would like to improve this work, please feel free to send me a message.

Previous Version Downloads: 5

Hi I would like to help with the French LPak for 5E where should I start ?

Master Wolf
July 29th, 2022, 07:57
Is it possible to help with 5e D&D Lpak spanish? or is it already worked on?

luizgarcia1999
November 21st, 2022, 12:44
Hello, I recently purchased the FGU Ultimate version, and I came across this translation on the forum which made everything easier. But when I create the campaign the translation is only accepted in the Savage Worlds adventure edition and dont Deluxe Edition. I would like to know is because they are different versions or if I did something wrong, if you can help. Thank you in advance for your work. If something is not correct, sorry, I used Google Translate.

Winther
February 20th, 2023, 13:27
Hi, could anyone please let me know where the original english files can be found for starting a translation?

Trenloe
February 20th, 2023, 13:34
Hi, could anyone please let me know where the original english files can be found for starting a translation?
Welcome to the FG forums.

The string resources (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996645589/string) are usually found in each ruleset \strings directory - there will be one or more XML files that contain the string resources. You'll need to look in CoreRPG and the ruleset that layers on top of CoreRPG. You can change the string resource value via an extension that overrides the base ruleset value, but don't change the name.

subbuglio
September 2nd, 2023, 07:02
Hi, a couple of years ago I made some work on italian translations. I may come back to it. Meanwhile I was wondering if I may create a public Github repo for that work. Are there any concerns that you know of?
Sorry if it has been asked before