PDA

View Full Version : Locations Database Extension giving error

heyhogan
December 10th, 2015, 01:07
I am testing out the locations Database extension and ran into an error when I tried to create a new system. The error is "Script Error: [string "Scripts/lsSystemMain.lua"]:88: attempt to index global 'btcuccUseCampaignCalendar' (a nil value)"

I am running Savage Worlds Delux 4.2.2 (Build 1)
Adventure Deck 1.50 (Build 1)

Had the standard (any system) calendar running and date set to 2015, no Era.

Just tried again. Now have this:

Script Error: [string "Scripts/lsSystemMain.lua"]:88: attempt to index global 'btcuccUseCampaignCalendar' (a nil value)
Database Notice: Campaign saved.
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (tbtUseCampaignCalendar) in windowclass (wcSystemMain)
Script Error: [string "Scripts/lsSystemMain.lua"]:88: attempt to index global 'btcuccUseCampaignCalendar' (a nil value)

Any suggestions?

dulux-oz
December 10th, 2015, 01:18
Hi hayhogen,

Thanks for raising this.

First, its probably best in future to post into the Extension Thread as opposed to creating a new one - a minor thing but it'll help everyone in the long-run :)

Now, that issue was relevant in an early version of the Extension, so I need to ask, are you running v4? Does it actually say (in the Chatbox on loading) "Doe Locations Extension" etc and is the Chatbox Icon a globe or the Purple Die Over Australia icon?

Cheers

heyhogan
December 10th, 2015, 03:48
Hi Dulux-oz:

Not sure where the Extension Thread is, so point me in the right direction and I'll both check it for fixes and post any further issues with the Locations Extension there!

So, to your questions:
In the Chat window, it reports the following on start-up:

Savage Worlds Deluxe V4.2.2
Locations Extension V3.0 For Fantasy Grounds V3.0.8+ CoreRPG & All Child Rulesets (icon is purple die like the one in you signature above)
Orsmab's House Rules
SW NPC Maker
Adventure Deck Extension V1.5.0
CoreRPG ruleset V3.1.5

If you are telling me that I have the wrong version of the extension (quite possible, just downloaded recently and was testing for next campaign), then that might be it.

heyhogan
December 10th, 2015, 03:58
Hi Dulux-Oz:
So I went to the Wiki, then back to the thread on Locations. Downloaded the locations extension again and move the new one to the extensions folder. Now I get a red "X" instead of a selector dot under extensions! The title is "DOE Locations Extension V4.0" . So I figured out that I needed the base extension. Got that and loaded it. Now it works for the new campaign, but not an existing one had an issue with the Location icon on the right side not showing up. So I tried a few more times and now it works. Will let you know if I have any more issues. Thanks!

dulux-oz
December 10th, 2015, 04:00
Yeah, there's a new version (version 4) which I updated a day or two ago - see the relevant post from a couple of hours ago because you're not the 1st person to have an issue like this.

The problem you reported was one from version 3 which has been fixed, so, yeah, grab a new copy :)

The Location Thread is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20794-DOE-Locations-Extension) in the Extensions sub-Forum of the Armory Forum. There's also a link to it from the SavageWorlds Community Extensions Thread (first post).

Thanks for working with me to get things sorted.

Cheers

dulux-oz
December 10th, 2015, 04:05
Hi Dulux-Oz:
So I went to the Wiki, then back to the thread on Locations. Downloaded the locations extension again and move the new one to the extensions folder. Now I get a red "X" instead of a selector dot under extensions! The title is "DOE Locations Extension V4.0" Would not even load for a new campaign.

The new versions needs another Extension it uses as a base, as mentioned in the first post of the thread and in the manual - you need to also load the DOE Base Extension. This was done to help prevent a whole range of issues, and to make things easier to update in the future.

Cheers