PDA

View Full Version : Multi Damage bug

Samarex
December 9th, 2015, 12:12
Using 3.5e ruleset

Ok I am casting a magic missile as a 5th lvl wizard. So I send 2 of them at 1 target.
Damage is listed at 1d4+1 (so total damage should be 2d4+2)
So I grab the 1d4+1 damage block (I get a d4)
I right click (I get a 2 d4 as expected)
I roll
Die 1 =3
Die 2 =3
I expect the calculation to show [2d4+2=8]
and the die window to show a 3 3 +2 8
But instead I get
[1d4+4=7]
Die window 3 3 +1 7

It added the extra die roll to the Modifer and did not add the extra bonus +1
Below picture shows it not one time but 3 times same effect.

Zacchaeus
December 9th, 2015, 12:45
You need to roll each magic missile separately. FG doesn't know that you get a bonus for each d4. By doing what you did you rolled 2d4+1.

Samarex
December 9th, 2015, 13:20
Also verified this also happens in Pathfinder Ruleset

Zacchaeus
December 9th, 2015, 13:24
Also verified this also happens in Pathfinder Ruleset

As I said above you need to roll each MM separately. By doing what you are doing you will never get the bonus +1 on any subsequent dice that you pick up. You are only picking up a d4 not a d4 +1. On any ruleset.

In other words this isn't a bug; things are working as expected.

Samarex
December 9th, 2015, 13:46
Ok THanks .Sorry about the second post didn't see the reply until after I had sent it.

I guess it does not work as we thought it did. We figured that when we grab the 1d4+1 block under damage that we were getting a 1d4+1 die. because if you only take the 1 that is what is rolled. So we figured if we make it 2 that it is 2 1d4+1 die that we are rolling...

We will just do it the hard way then

Zacchaeus
December 9th, 2015, 14:45
You could set up another line for damage of 2d4+2 in the spell and then one for 3d4+3 etc. However the flexibility of the spell is that you get to cast your missiles at multiple targets so doing it one at a time is better in the long run.

Trenloe
December 9th, 2015, 21:55
I guess it does not work as we thought it did. We figured that when we grab the 1d4+1 block under damage that we were getting a 1d4+1 die. because if you only take the 1 that is what is rolled. So we figured if we make it 2 that it is 2 1d4+1 die that we are rolling...

Right-clicking when you have a roll selected adds more dice to it, it doesn't multiply the base roll. This is mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Dice

We will just do it the hard way then
Do it the simple way - have one 1d4+1 damage entry as you already have. Target the recipient of the damage and press the damage button once, twice, three times - whichever number you need.