PDA

View Full Version : The Goblin Blood Dead (5E) Weds 9th December. 19.00 GMT

Skellan
December 8th, 2015, 13:37
More than a decade has passed since the Goblinblood Wars left the nation of Isger in shambles, and the Pathfinder Society uses the many abandoned roads through the county's interior to smuggle valuable relics. But when a series of attacks on the Varisian caravans carrying the illicit cargo puts the route in jeopardy, it falls to the PCs to investigate and rid the region of the threat to the Society's operations.

This is a pathfinder society scenario that has been converted to 5E. It will take about 4 hours to play and will be finished in one session. I will be converting and running more of these in the future and you will be able to keep and develop your character and play him/her in future scenarios. This is not part of any official organised play network.

FG License: Ultimate license, so its free for anyone to play.
Game System: 5E

Time Zone: GMT (UTC)
Day of week and time: Wednesday 9th December 19.00 GMT. In future, I will run other scenarios whenever I have time. They will most likely be GMT friendly times but could be on any day. I aim to run something at least fortnightly.

Planned Frequency: This scenario will be completed in one session
Term: I will run more scenarios in future so you will be able to level up and play your character again.

Text or Voice: Voice, though I like players to use chat for descriptions and banter etc.
Voice software used: Teamspeak 3. Teamspeak: ts.fg-con.com Password: Dungeoneers

Roleplay & Combat mix: This one is combat heavy, though I encourage everyone to roleplay their characters
Number of Players in game & needed: 3 to 6
Character starting level & equipment: Characters start at level 1.
You can pick any of the pre gens that are built using the Players Handbook on this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26203-5E-pre-gen-player-characters.
While your character is level 1-4 you can rebuild at anytime, transferring xp and loot to your new character. You can't do this once you hit level 5 though.
Alternatively, you can make a character from scratch. New characters are built using 27 point buy and only use options from the players handbook please.
Character restrictions: Only use content from the players handbook. No evil alignments or sociopaths please.

You will play a member of the pathfinder society, a large organisation of explorers and loreseekers. In each scenario you will be given a mission to complete, you will be paid a flat rate in gold for your services, plus any loot that isn't the mission objective. Loot will be sold and the money divided equally between the characters. Magic items will be assigned in a similar fashion to how the adventurer's league does it.

You will need to work as a team to complete the missions. This is a team game so no killing each other and please be tolerant of characters who have a different philosophy to yours. Play nice, I just want this to be fun.

New players are welcome, though please familiarize yourself with the basics of FG and 5E. There are brilliant guides and videos out there

If you want to play, please sign up on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1732) and post below to confirm the character you would like to play.

If you have any questions, just let me know in the thread.

I know that this is short notice, I just happen to be free at this time. If it doesn't fly I will list it another time.

VenomousFiligree
December 8th, 2015, 15:34
Signed up, I'll create my own PC, looking forward to it.

Skellan
December 8th, 2015, 15:56
Great. Welcome aboard

Skellan
December 8th, 2015, 16:53
I will leave my server up in case anyone wants to use it

davh565
December 9th, 2015, 06:33
Sounds like fun, I'm in. Going for a Halfling Ranger

Skellan
December 9th, 2015, 07:42
Brilliant. Thanks for joining. Do you want a pregen or do you want to make your own? I am busy this morning but can put fg up for you if you want

davh565
December 9th, 2015, 08:18
I'll make my own. Yeah, if it's not too much trouble that would be good, thanks

Skellan
December 9th, 2015, 08:23
OK :) give me 10 mins and I will put my PC on.

daemonos
December 9th, 2015, 15:44
If it will be any session on Fridays or Saturdays I would love to join. Weds not so comfty for me

Skellan
December 9th, 2015, 16:05
I'd love to have you as a player. I will do sessions whenever I have a free slot. Certainly at weekends as well as GMT weeknights

Hermundure
December 9th, 2015, 16:16
Hi Skellan,
would it be possible for a completely new player with no FG and D&D experience (beyond fiddling around and watching tutorials) to participate as well?
If yes I would prefer to create something simple from a game mechanic standpoint like a human fighter to dont be a burden :-)

Skellan
December 9th, 2015, 16:21
Hi, you are more than welcome to play. I am happy to have new players. Were you thinking of playing tonight?

Hermundure
December 9th, 2015, 16:23
If possible, yes :-) I am from germany and just try to figure out the correct time zone, this daylight saving time thing always puzzle me :-p

I will be on ts in 2 min also

daemonos
December 9th, 2015, 17:37
That wonderful thank you. I will pm you for further instructions

Skellan
December 9th, 2015, 23:03
Thanks for the game everyone. I enjoyed running it. I hope to do another one over the weekend

Skellan
December 9th, 2015, 23:10
Also, if anyone is hankering for more, its worth checking out Xorns one shots being advertised in this forum. He's a great gm and they'll be a lot of fun

Hermundure
December 10th, 2015, 16:48
Thanks a lot for running this game, it has been a lot of fun and I am looking forward for the next! :-)