PDA

View Full Version : DOE: Organisations Extension

dulux-oz
December 8th, 2015, 00:35
Note: This extension is no longer available
Overview
The DOE Organisations Extension provides a database for the recording of formal groups of Individuals, such as Guilds (including Thieves and Assassins Guilds), Bard Colleges, Adventuring Companies, Pirate Crews, Military Units, Secret Societies, Spy Rings, Terrorist Groups, Government Departments, Resistance Cells, Humanoid Tribes; in fact any conceivable group and hieracy of groups can be recorded. The Extension will also work with the DOE: Locations Extension and other DOE Extensions.

A screenshot is provided.

Full details are provided in the accompanying Manual (a Module). The Manual can be opened by Fantasy Ground v3+ using any Ruleset, with or without the Extension being loaded.

Version

1.0.0 - Initial Creation
1.3.0 - Added Sound Integration with DOE Sound Extension
1.8.0 - Compatibility Update, Fixed issues with Simple Brown & Simple Gray Themes, add support for StarFinder Ruleset (Graphics still required)
1.8.2 - Compatibility Update
2.0.0 - Current - See Post #90 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27169-DOE-Organisations-Extension&p=461914&viewfull=1#post461914)

Manual Version

1.0.0 - Initial Creation
1.8.1 - Current - Compatibility Update

Rulesets
This Extension works with:

CoreRPG Ruleset v3.3.8, CoreRPG Ruleset v3.3.9, and selected Child Rulesets.

Dependencies
This Extension is dependent on:

DOE Base Extension v4.0.0 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27158-DOE-Base-Extension)

Wiki Page & Full Documentation

DOE Organisations Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/DOE_Organisations_Extension)

Rulesets By Dulux-Oz

DORCore (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42221-DORCore-An-Advanced-Beta-Release-Of-A-New-Ruleset)

Other Extensions By Dulux-Oz

DOE Base Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27158-DOE-Base-Extension)
DOE: Alignment Graph Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25319-DOE-Alignment-Graph-Extension)
DOE: Campaign Style Graph Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25320-DOE-Campaign-Style-Graph-Extension)
DOE: Locations Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20794-DOE-Locations-Extension)
DOE: OLE Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34735-DOE-OLE-Extension)
DOE: Sound Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension)
DOE: Weather Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22142-DOE-Weather-Extension)

Downloading The Extension
This Extension and its accompanying Documentation can be downloaded from the links at the bottom of this post.

Loading The Extension
This Extension is loaded exactly like all other Fantasy Grounds Extensions - by first copying the .ext file to the Extensions Folder under the Fantasy Grounds Folder and then re-starting Fantasy Grounds. If the Extension is compatible with the currently installed version of a given Ruleset it will be displayed in the Extensions List for that Ruleset and can be loaded by clicking on the Checkbox next to the Extensions name.

If the Extension has large red 'X' next to its name in the Extension List then the Extension or an Extension that this one is dependent upon is not compatible with the chosen Ruleset. Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest copy of this Extension and any Extensions this one is dependent upon.

When Fantasy Grounds Updates
After a Fantasy Grounds version update you should verify that all Extensions (not just this one) have been either updated themselves or verified by the Extension author that they work with the new version of Fantasy Grounds. If you have any issues with Fantasy Grounds after an update then it is best to disable all Extensions and then re-enable them one by one until the issue re-appears.

Helping Out
If you like this Extension and find it useful, you may like to consider showing your support by making a Donation so that this Software and similar Software can continue to be maintained and developed.

Donations can be made via PayPal to:

[email protected]

Thank you

Previous Downloads:

DOE: Organisations Extension: 3,074
DOE: Organisations Extension Manual: 2,227

dulux-oz
December 11th, 2015, 01:44
Hi Everyone,

I just updated the Extension to fix the Deletion Bug that was reported in the Locations Extension Thread (you know, we should really get into the habit of reporting bugs in their correct thread :) )

Cheers

bobbylain
December 11th, 2015, 01:50
verified that its fix. works great now.

taoistpunk
December 11th, 2015, 12:27
Hiyo: keep getting the following error when adding a title to a new Org in CnC. I am updated to latest.

Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsMiscFunctions.lua"]:348: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsMiscFunctions.lua"]:348: attempt to index a nil value

So each letter I type appears in the title box, but I need to re-click to add the next letter...slow going. no other bugs yet...and looks awesome. Thanks so much for this new ext.

dulux-oz
December 11th, 2015, 12:36
Hiyo: keep getting the following error when adding a title to a new Org in CnC. I am updated to latest.

So each letter I type appears in the title box, but I need to re-click to add the next letter...slow going. no other bugs yet...and looks awesome. Thanks so much for this new ext.

OK, this is an example of the same type of on-again-off-again intermittent issue that a couple of other people have raised (in the Locations Extension) which we're having trouble tracking down, so...

Can you give me as much information as you can: other extensions loaded, new or existing campaign, can you grab (again) this extension and the DOE Base Extension and check again - basically, everything you're doing (I know it happens when you change the organisations name/title, so don't include that :) )

Thanks

taoistpunk
December 11th, 2015, 18:18
will load everything up when I get home...I'll be away from my home PC tonight but back tomorrow afternoon.

From memory, I know I have Locations/Organis./and the Base from you..also Color Gizmo and Mood Lighting (there may be more but I'm not home and can't remember). I have several others installed but not activated (Movable dice tower/Languages (since it's built in now)) (again, maybe more...but I'm not home to check). The campaign is existing...has been ongoing for some time.

When I installed the new ver. of the ext.'s I overwrote the old, closed everything down and restarted. Strangely, the Locations ext did not load and threw an error, though I did not bother to write it down. I then closed everything again and did a system restart...and then locations started up fine with all of my previous data avail. When I then went to test Organis., I was thrown the error stated above.

For a more detailed account ya need to wait til I get home...sorry about the delay...I want to help as much as possible. Your extensions have been awesome! We aren't planning on shifting into 5e anytime soon so everything commty members do to add functionality to CORE is really appreciated.

bobbylain
December 11th, 2015, 22:38
color gizmo causes issues it is now obsolete.

dulux-oz
December 12th, 2015, 00:33
color gizmo causes issues it is now obsolete.

Yeah, bob's right - basically its a good idea to complete remove old/obsolete Extensions (move them to an archive directory if you want to keep them for historical purposes) - I'd remove alte colourgizmo, movable dice tower, languages, whatever; that way you don't accidentally load them and so remove the potential issues

@bobbylain: are we sure colourgizmo is the root cause in and of itself, or is this just speculation on our part at the moment?

Cheers

bobbylain
December 12th, 2015, 02:51
it cant be the cause for "Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsMiscFunctions.lua"]:348: attempt to index a nil value" because I was seeing this one periodically and I never used the gizmo. I mentioned the gizmo here because it could potentially lead to false results when tracking down the line 348 error. Plus, like you said about the documentation. People need to read it and clear things out so its easier to track down bugs.

I ran into an issue in a program I wrote for work where nil values would populate and then the code wouldn't read nil.. "like dividing by zero" so I'm exploring that angle on this particular error I still haven't been able to reproduce it with my new campaigns so its a bit frustrating. My theory is we as users are populating a list with a blank spot some where like creating a new entry and then not filing it out for example and that is the cause but I haven't been successful yet in have something recreate every single time. There are prolly hundreds of possible spots to populate nil value so it might take me some time to track it down.

taoistpunk
December 12th, 2015, 23:17

This is a scrreengrab of the startup page for my setup

These are all of the exts in my folder

If you need a screengrab of anything else lemme know. I have remove all of the exts you recommended, but still same error.

dulux-oz
December 13th, 2015, 00:15
Well, the DOEs have been tested with the Theme, but not with the other Extensions you are running. Have you tried disabling the other Extensions and seeing if the issue still occurs (if not, would you mind?)

Cheers

taoistpunk
December 13th, 2015, 01:57
I turned all off save for the DOE's...including shutting off the theme. Still throws the same error.

I deleted the previous records and began a fresh record, but same error occurred. Anything else I should try?

As a test just now, I started a new campaign (CnC). I did not get the error, so it's something in the existing campaign.

bobbylain
December 13th, 2015, 02:15
we have established that its something with existing campaigns. once the error occurs is doesn't reverse. Starting a new campaign always seems to clear the error. however lets say you have hundreds of entries like it my campaign. and you get the error would you want to start over? We are trying to find out what causes the error and at this point, it appears to be randomly caused, and frequent enough to be a problem.

Question is. what all did you do with the DOE extensions before the error occurred. does it it happen only on the same tab, (for me it happened on portal tab, and on organizations tabs). If you make an entry then delete it then make a new one, if you are linking entries to other entries what you type into the entries(example if you are typing characters in a location that should only have numbers, could spawn an error). That's the parts that will be important to tracking the error. What I have been doing is creating new campaigns and doing as I normally would until I get the error and then detailing everything I did up to that point. even doing that the error is currently elusive. We know what line the error happens on but that line references several different points. If we can find a commonality then things will be easier to track and fix.

dulux-oz
January 4th, 2016, 01:43
I'm pleased to announce that the LPak Community Project/Program (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27202-LanguagePak-%28LPak%29-Community-Project-Program) has produced an LPak (Language Pack) for this Extension. Please see the linked thread for details on how to have this Extension in a non-English language.

Well done to the Project/Program Team.

Cheers

dulux-oz
January 14th, 2016, 09:33
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension (and the Manual) on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOEBase Extension.

As normal, if you have any issues or suggestions then please let me know.

Enjoy!

Cheers

bobbylain
January 17th, 2016, 20:53
When adding an NPC to the organizations NPC list I get a double line. should be npc name. and then a line for rank. I get that but then I get a whole second line under NPC name and rank.

I didnt see anything in the manual about it but I havent read through everything yet.

dulux-oz
January 18th, 2016, 01:00
No, that's right, there are four pieces of information: Name and Rank on the first line, and Position and Reputation on the second (or whatever - the last three are just string fields which don't link to anything, so you can put anything in them you like)

Cheers

bobbylain
January 18th, 2016, 03:35
ah ok cool.

shemantis
January 31st, 2016, 04:48
Am I the only one who's not able to drag 'n' drop places into the "Headquarters" field? It just doesn't populate.
Dragging and dropping on the "Leader" field works fine.

dulux-oz
January 31st, 2016, 07:06
Just you :) - works fine for me.

OK, so which Ruleset & version, which version of DOEBAse, DOELocations and DOEOrganisations, and which Place-type are you trying to drag into the HQ?

shemantis
January 31st, 2016, 15:16
Ruleset & version: 5e & 3.1.5
version of DOEBase: 1.1
DOELocations: 4.1
DOEOrganisations: 1.2
which Place-type: Town

And I have no other extensions, FWIW.
Because these are seriously the most wonderful ones in the world.

dulux-oz
February 1st, 2016, 00:17
Thankyou :)

A HQ can't be a Town: that's by design - as it says in the Manual the HQ entry can take a Building or a Location record (as opposed to a Town, World, Plane, etc) (Organisations Manual: Extension Details Page: Main Page Heading: 5th Paragraph).

The idea is that a HQ is normally a Building (the actual Head Quarters), but as you could have a Bandit Gang (for eg) they might instead be HQ'd in a cave or a corpse of trees (both Location Records). If you're trying to specify a Town as the HQ my question (as one of your Players) would be "where in the town?"

Does that help explain things?

shemantis
February 1st, 2016, 03:01
Is there any way you could allow Towns as Headquarters? I understand your reasoning, but it would be nice to have the option.
It's not going to stop me from using the extension (not trying to gush, but I seriously love it and the Locations one), it would just make me love it all the more.

dulux-oz
February 1st, 2016, 04:03
Its a pretty big rewrite/addition to both the Organisations and Locations Extensions, so if it gets done it won't be anytime soon - but I'll see what I can do

shemantis
February 1st, 2016, 04:43
I understand, and thank you for even considering it. And I apologize for not Ring TFM, LOL.

dulux-oz
February 1st, 2016, 05:40
And I apologize for not Ring TFM

??? :confused:

shemantis
February 1st, 2016, 13:55
Read(ing) The Flippin' Manual, haha

dulux-oz
February 1st, 2016, 14:08
Read(ing) The Flippin' Manual, haha

Oohhh - R'ing TFM - now I get it (that's it: I need more sleep) :)

dulux-oz
May 8th, 2016, 05:44
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension (and the Manual) on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOEBase Extension.

Enjoy!

Cheers

darrenan
May 10th, 2016, 06:40
Created a new PFRPG campaign, enabled only Base and Organizations, doesn't appear to add a button to the desktop. See attached screenshots.

dulux-oz
May 10th, 2016, 08:04
Created a new PFRPG campaign, enabled only Base and Organizations, doesn't appear to add a button to the desktop. See attached screenshots.

Yes, that's as designed. As it says in the Manual, the Organisations sub-system is available from the NPCs Tab (because it's NPC-related) :)

darrenan
May 10th, 2016, 16:20
You should update the wiki to reflect that information. Due to the issue with the manual I reported yesterday, I wasn't able to read it.

dulux-oz
May 13th, 2016, 05:33
Hi Everyone,

I've finally gotten a copy of the 5E WotC Theme so I can "rework" all of the DOEs to make them fit the theme better.

But now I need to get some appropriate graphic - if someone could do me up some 5E WotC-style graphics for this Extension (and any of the other DOEs) I'm sure I and the rest of the Community would be very grateful.

For that matter, if the graphics of any of the DOEs aren't quite right for your favorite Ruleset then if you'd like to do some up I'll incorporate them into the next release of the relevant DOE.

Thanks - and spread the word to your RPG GM-friends about the DOEs if they're not using them already. :)

Cheers

Magnimost
June 23rd, 2016, 21:34
Where can I add/create organizations? I have the extension installed and enabled; Weather and Locations installed and they work fine, but there's no button for orgs.

Also, how do I install and use the manuals?

damned
June 23rd, 2016, 23:24
The manuals should be able to be activated in your library. See post #31 above - the Organisations are found on the NPCs dialogue.

Magnimost
June 25th, 2016, 12:54
The manuals should be able to be activated in your library. See post #31 above - the Organisations are found on the NPCs dialogue.

Thanks, got it to work! There's no mention of this in the wiki guide. Still coulnd't get the manuals to work as there's no mention where to install them, but the DOE extensions seem straight-forward enough to use with a manual.

dulux-oz
June 25th, 2016, 13:39
The Manuals are modules (as is stated in post #1 in the Overview section, plus the ".mod" filename extension is a dead giveaway). All Modules go in the Modules folder in the FG data folder - one place this is explained is in my Tutorial Video series, and I'm sure its mentioned elsewhere as well.

The Organisations Wiki Page has as its first sentence "To Be Completed" - sorry, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it off yet - people keep asking me to add more features to the Extensions!

Magnimost
June 25th, 2016, 13:45
The Manuals are modules (as is stated in post #1 in the Overview section, plus the ".mod" filename extension is a dead giveaway). All Modules go in the Modules folder in the FG data folder - one place this is explained is in my Tutorial Video series, and I'm sure its mentioned elsewhere as well.

The Organisations Wiki Page has as its first sentence "To Be Completed" - sorry, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it off yet - people keep asking me to add more features to the Extensions!

I'd say instructions for installation and basic usage should be the first things to be finished in any mod or extension. I'm sure most of the people delving this far into FG's features know how to do it, but easy guidance and installation procedure would certainly help with accessibility of the extensions.

As a general note, this is not so much a fault of your extensions, but the very obtuse way extensions, images, etc. are added to FG. In this day and age there shouldn't be a need for a guide for installation, let alone to muck around with multiple directories.

Thank you, now I should be able to get everything to work!

LordEntrails
June 28th, 2016, 00:37
All modules and extensions are installed per the instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview

As for basic usage instructions, I suspect that's a matter of priorities. And I suspect someone like dulux might look at such and say "I know how to use it, I'm sharing it to the community for free, and I don't get paid for it... It's not really a priority for me..."

dulux-oz
June 28th, 2016, 02:48
All modules and extensions are installed per the instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview

As for basic usage instructions, I suspect that's a matter of priorities. And I suspect someone like dulux might look at such and say "I know how to use it, I'm sharing it to the community for free, and I don't get paid for it... It's not really a priority for me..."

Actually, basic usage instructions are in the Manual - because that's where people previously asked for them to be, in preference to a Wiki page

dulux-oz
June 28th, 2016, 10:43
Hi Everyone,

With the impending release of FGv3.2 I have been working furiously on getting all the DOEs (new and old) working with the new way of doing things. As such, I need to get some new icons for the Sidebar, etc. If anyone with any sort of artistic talent could have a look at the list of what I need (below) and what I need in the other DOE Threads and produce some appropriate graphics for me and for your fellow Community Members I'm sure we'll all appreciate it. If you get in touch I can supply some of the "base" graphics (for those icons that use that "style" of graphic).

Edit: Updated list (as of 07:30 UTC 29-Jun-16):

What we need for the DOE Organisations Extension is:

A Large Sidebar Button for the 5E Ruleset in both "Up" and "Down" versions
A Large Sidebar Button for the d20 Modern Ruleset in both "Up" and "Down" versions
A Large Sidebar Button for the 5E WotC Theme in both "Up" and "Down" versions

Thanks

dulux-oz
October 1st, 2016, 09:46
Hi Everybody,

I've decided to make the raw files that make up this and the other DOEs available via Bitbucket and Git. So if you're a fellow dev, know how to drive a Git-client (btw I prefer GitKracken) and would like to contribute and/or help beta-test the DOE Updates before they go live then feel free to contribute via Git and Bitbucket.

Please see the first post in this Thread for details.

Note that all working versions of the Dulux-Oz Extensions will be released in the first Post of their relevant Thread as per normal.

Cheers

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 06:05
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension (and the Manual) on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOE: Base Extension.

Enjoy!

Cheers

spite
November 2nd, 2016, 08:00
Is this meant to have a different icon than every other one?
https://puu.sh/s3LjW/c9b385add8.png
https://puu.sh/s3Lly/50d863609f.png

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 08:07
Is it supposed to? No

Does it? Yes, because I haven't had a volunteer make me up a new 5E one yet :)

spite
November 2nd, 2016, 08:13
Oh righto. Well, if a new one need be made, does it need to be just the same as the surrounding ones, or does it need to fit into a few themes? If you want to send me a list of what themes it needs to fit into and a sample of each I could look at making them for ya

damned
November 2nd, 2016, 09:33
Is it supposed to? No

Does it? Yes, because I haven't had a volunteer make me up a new 5E one yet :)

You know Im pretty sure I told you Id do it for you if no one else did.... :)

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 10:47
You know Im pretty sure I told you Id do it for you if no one else did.... :)

Yeah, but you also said you were busy, so... :)

dulux-oz
November 16th, 2016, 06:41
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOE: Base Extension.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Ixion77
November 16th, 2016, 22:21
when filter records with shared button:
Those records were shared previously the 3.2 FG core patch

dulux-oz
November 17th, 2016, 05:57
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed (another) update to the Extension on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOE: Base Extension.

Enjoy!

Cheers

dulux-oz
January 19th, 2017, 01:21
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOE: Base Extension.

Enjoy!

Cheers

dulux-oz
February 21st, 2017, 03:27
Hi Guys & Girls,

So its 21-Feb-2017 and I find myself in the position to be able to spend the next week or so on ensuring that the DOEs are working properly for people. In an effort to make my life easier in this, I'm going to ask you all to please post a message here about any outstanding Bugs you may have with this DOE (copies of this post are being made in each of the DOE Threads, so only post here about this DOE, please). However, before you do, please take a brief moment to read through any other Bug Posts made after this Post so that you're not telling me about something I've already been made aware of - sure, if you have further information, add it to the mix, but multiple posts about the same Bug are actually counter-productive - no "Me too" posts, please - thanks.

Also, just to spell things out explicitly, BEFORE you post a Bug could you please ensure that you have the latest Ruleset and Extensions (possible by downloading the Extensions again).

I'm going to use the Post # as the Bug Tracking # from now on, so if you do need to add information about a previously reported Bug, include the original Post/Bug # in your updated information - thanks.

Please note that this is about Bugs, not Desired Features (I'll probably do one of those "requests" requests later on).

If you do post a Bug, please include the following information:

The Ruleset you are using, including version numbers
A full list of any Extensions you have loaded, including versions numbers (where available)
If the Bug only occurs when a Module is loaded, the Module Name and version number (if applicable)
A detailed explanation of the Bug and how to reproduce it

So, let's see about making sure everything's working properly - your help and patience in this is appreciated.

Cheers

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2017, 10:51
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post (v1.6.1). Be aware that you will also need to download the new version of the DOE: Base Extension (v3.0).

Enjoy!

Cheers

dulux-oz
September 24th, 2017, 06:49
For the record this Extension is compatible with FGv3.3.2

Cheers

dulux-oz
October 11th, 2017, 05:50
Hi All,

Well, things are progressing well enough with the new 13th Age Ruleset and Modules that I'm actually starting to consider how the Ruleset is going to interact with some of the Extensions available, such as the DOEs. With that in mind I desperately need someone(s) with some graphical experience (probably Photoshop) to do us up some 13th Age-style Menubar/Sidebar Buttons for the DOEs - as I've exclaimed on numerous occasions in the past, my graphic works SUX!

So if you'd like to lend a hand please drop me a PM - I can provide template images for most of the required buttons, but you will have to manipulate then to produce what we require - thanks.

dulux-oz
February 7th, 2018, 06:26
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed a new version of the Extension on the first post (v1.7.0).

This version is a compatibility update for FGv3.3.4 and also included all the appropriate graphics for all of the supported Rulesets and the new Simple-Brown and Simple-Grey Themes (except for a single DOE: Organisations graphic for the CnC Ruleset - if someone can help with that it'd be appreciated).

DOE Depreciation Notice

With the release of the new DORCore Ruleset (currently v0.9.1), support for Community Rulesets within the DOEs is being depreciated. While the DOEs still work with those existing Community Rulesets as listed in the individual DOE Threads, the expectation is that this functionality will be removed for the next release of FG after v3.3.4 (ie in a few months time near the middle of 2018). This will allow the Developers of these Community Rulesets time to transition their Ruleset from being a child of the CoreRPG to being a child of the DORCore.

The DOEs will continue to work and will continue to be supported by me for all of the "standard" CoreRPG-child Rulesets available via the FG Updater utility. At this point in time (Feb-2018) this list of Rulesets consists of: CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, 5E, 13A (13th Age, ETA=Soon(TM)), CoC, CoC7, CnC, d20 Modern, Fate Core, Numenera, PFRPG and SW.

The reason this is being done is to consolidate the time and effort that is required to maintain compatibility - basically by doing things this way there will be more time for more features and functions to be included in the DORCore, DOEs and future DORs & DOEs.

Please see the DORCore Thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42221-DORCore-An-Advanced-Beta-Release-Of-A-New-Ruleset) for further details.

This notice is being / will be placed on each of the individual DOE Threads.

dulux-oz
April 24th, 2018, 08:32
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed a new version of the Extension on the first post (v1.8.0).

This version is a compatibility update for FGv3.3.5 and also included a fix for Simple Brown & Gray Themes, plus all the DOEs now support the Starfinder Ruleset (although appropriate graphics are still required - please drop me a line if you can help out with this).

Enjoy! :)

dulux-oz
May 26th, 2018, 09:22
Hi Everybody,

I've just updated the Extension to v1.8.1.

This is primarily a compatibility update to fix a couple of minor bugs, etc.

Please note that with the release of the new DOE:REMU Extension the delivery method for all of the DO-REMs (Dulux-Oz Rulesets, Extensions & Modules) has changed. Please see Post #1 of this thread for full details.

Enjoy! :)

mlesnews
July 7th, 2018, 21:27
Please correct the word Organisations to Organizations (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/organization) when convienent. Thanks.

Andraax
July 7th, 2018, 21:58
He's from Oz; they spell it wrong there... :-)

damned
July 8th, 2018, 01:15
Please correct the word Organisations to Organizations (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/organization) when convienent. Thanks.

Please scroll down the page of the reference you linked and find alternate spellings.
The word is spelled correctly.
Note this merriam-webster link also: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/organisation

dulux-oz
July 8th, 2018, 05:05
He's from Oz; they spell it wrong there... :-)

Actually, we Australians (and the English - who's language it happens to be) spell it the correct way. Its only those "deviants"* from the other side of the world who insist on spelling *English* words the non-English way.

*Deviant - someone who has deviated from the norm.

[I'll go put on my asbestos suit]

:p

Andraax
July 8th, 2018, 05:21
Linguists will tell you that American English is closer to that spoken and written by the British at the time of King George III than modern varieties spoken and written in the Commonwealth today. We're more conservative, so we've changed the language less than you blokes have... :-)

From Auntie Beeb: How Americans preserved British English (https://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20180207-how-americans-preserved-british-english)

dulux-oz
July 8th, 2018, 05:48
Linguists will tell you that American English is closer to that spoken and written by the British at the time of King George III than modern varieties spoken and written in the Commonwealth today. We're more conservative, so we've changed the language less than you blokes have... :-)

From Auntie Beeb: How Americans preserved British English (https://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20180207-how-americans-preserved-british-english)

I direct my learned colleague to my previous statement: ... the English - who's language it it happens to be! :p

LordEntrails
July 8th, 2018, 06:09
Actually, we Australians (and the English - who's language it happens to be) spell it the correct way. Its only those "deviants"* from the other side of the world who insist on spelling *English* words the non-English way..
Thank you for the compliment!

When I was a child I always wanted to grow up to be a deviant. Now that I have Delux Ox's proclamation, I'm so happy I could die!

Andraax
July 8th, 2018, 06:31
I direct my learned colleague to my previous statement: ... the English - who's language it it happens to be! :p

Only 'cause you stole it from the Germans! :-P

dulux-oz
July 8th, 2018, 07:00
Only 'cause you stole it from the Germans! :-P

Perhaps, but its still called *English*, not *German* nor *American*. :p

Andraax
July 8th, 2018, 14:19
Perhaps, but its still called *English*, not *German* nor *American*. :p

One would then have to wonder why you linked an *American English* dictionary... :-P

dulux-oz
July 8th, 2018, 14:34
One would then have to wonder why you linked an *American English* dictionary... :-P

I didn't - I think if you look back over the proceeding posts that you'll find that that was someone else :p

Game, Set & Match, perhaps?

Andraax
July 8th, 2018, 14:43
We were keeping score?

dulux-oz
July 8th, 2018, 14:45
We were keeping score?

No, not really - just seemed to fit the mood - or my mood, anyway :)

Gruber
August 21st, 2018, 22:37
Hi, I don't know if it is on purpose, but it seems one can not set a town from the 'locations' extension to be the Headquarters of an organization. It only allows me to set the location (from the Locations main tab) as headquarters. I trust this is not a big thing, but it would be useful to have that option. Also, i presume that being able to do it would link the location, town, NPC and Org with each other automatically, which is the way these extensions were meant to work.

Otherwise, I wish to say you did a wonderful job with these, thank you ;)

dulux-oz
August 22nd, 2018, 03:51
Hi, I don't know if it is on purpose, but it seems one can not set a town from the 'locations' extension to be the Headquarters of an organization. It only allows me to set the location (from the Locations main tab) as headquarters. I trust this is not a big thing, but it would be useful to have that option. Also, i presume that being able to do it would link the location, town, NPC and Org with each other automatically, which is the way these extensions were meant to work.

Otherwise, I wish to say you did a wonderful job with these, thank you ;)

No, that's by design - You can link a Building to an Organisation's HQ or a Location (the idea being that you use a Location for a Bandit Group's Cave or encampment). The design decision is/was that we would need a more precise "spot" than a City/Town/Village ie/eg the Inn of the village (in the basement?), the barracks of a Town (Militia Organisation), things like that.

Does that make sense? :)

Gruber
August 22nd, 2018, 08:32
Thanks for the answer, I figured that's the intention. But, perhaps it would be nice to have the option of making it work woth Towns as well. (which could be renamed as 'settlements' in Locations ext). Until then, I'll just make a workaround and create a placeholder building to serve as HQ.

Forecaster
December 3rd, 2018, 22:10
Minor Issue:

A character sheet can be dragged into the leader field of an organisation and will link properly, but the field will continue showing « Leader » instead of the name specified on the sheet. I'm guessing this probably wasn't intended to work, but it'd be great since I use character sheets for certain important NPC's.

dulux-oz
December 4th, 2018, 02:21
Minor Issue:

A character sheet can be dragged into the leader field of an organisation and will link properly, but the field will continue showing « Leader » instead of the name specified on the sheet. I'm guessing this probably wasn't intended to work, but it'd be great since I use character sheets for certain important NPC's.

Yeah, I never considered using a PC Sheet - its designed to work with an NPC Sheet, so its trying to pull information from a place in the database that doesn't exist.

Its a good idea, though, so I'll see about tweaking the code to make it work. :)

Cheers

dulux-oz
December 19th, 2018, 02:52
Hi Everyone,

With the release of FGv3.3.7 during the last 24-hours I have placed an updated version of the DOE:Organisations (v1.8.2) on the first post of this thread.

As I've previously mentioned, with the retirement of the DOE:REMU I'm moving (eventually) all of the DO REMs back from the GitHub Repository to their own relevant FG Forum Threads. For the record: if a DO REM is not avaliable from the first post of its relevant Thread then it will still be avaliable (for the time being) from the GitHub Repository - but check the relevant FG Forum Thread FIRST.

Also, please note that this is a minor "bug update" - the update which will allow the use of this Extension with PF2 is still being developed & tested.

Enjoy

dulux-oz
July 23rd, 2019, 05:31
Hello All,

I plan on releaseing updates to all the DOE's and to the DORCore soon after FGv3.3.8 is released (this is a goal, not a promise). The new versions will be placed as a download on the first post of the relevant thread (as they were originally).

I have also removed all of the DOEs from GitHub - current versions of the DOEs can be found on the first post of the relevant Thread.

Cheers

Ramtrap
August 8th, 2019, 03:54
Is it currently possible to hide certain organizations from my players? I'm running Dragon Heist and I created the Factions and there's a lot of information--not too much spoiler-y information, but some of the leaders identified could be. I know I can hide NPCs, outright, but I was wondering if it's at all possible to hide an entire Organization entry, altogether? Or if it'd be a heavy lift to do something like that?

The extensions you made, btw @dulux-ox, are incredible! Thanks for all that you've done!

Andraax
August 8th, 2019, 03:57
Err, if you don't share them, your players shouldn't be able to see them...

Ramtrap
August 8th, 2019, 04:06

I should have indicated I also have all the guilds in there, too. I created an entire Waterdeep module with all that stuff tied in. I want them to see the guilds, but I'm a little more wary about the factions, and if it's possible to have a toggle-able hide/unhide option, that would be great. I'm guessing that maybe just creating another module entirely, one that they can't load up, is likely my best option?

dulux-oz
August 8th, 2019, 04:07

Exactly!

dulux-oz
August 8th, 2019, 04:08
I should have indicated I also have all the guilds in there, too. I created an entire Waterdeep module with all that stuff tied in. I want them to see the guilds, but I'm a little more wary about the factions, and if it's possible to have a toggle-able hide/unhide option, that would be great. I'm guessing that maybe just creating another module entirely, one that they can't load up, is likely my best option?

Yeah, if the "don't share the records" doesn't help, then the next step ios to have GM-versions and Player-version, just like with maps.

Ramtrap
August 8th, 2019, 04:16
Yeah, if the "don't share the records" doesn't help, then the next step ios to have GM-versions and Player-version, just like with maps.

Thank you.

Kallussed
August 10th, 2019, 01:48
Any chance we could get buttons for Steve's Simplified Starfinder Themes (Bars and Icons) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48877-Hacking-a-Theme)? I've hacked together some similar button blanks. I'll even spell organizations wrong if you like.

damned
August 10th, 2019, 03:07
You can always create another extension with the appropriate load order that sets teh correct graphics.

dulux-oz
August 10th, 2019, 04:39
Any chance we could get buttons for Steve's Simplified Starfinder Themes (Bars and Icons) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48877-Hacking-a-Theme)? I've hacked together some similar button blanks. I'll even spell organizations wrong if you like.

My issue with graphics is that I suck making them - if people would like to make up graphics for theoir favourite theme (or whatever) then I'll work with them (and anyone else who needs to be involved) and get them intergrated into the DOEs

Cheers

Kallussed
August 10th, 2019, 16:20
My issue with graphics is that I suck making them - if people would like to make up graphics for theoir favourite theme (or whatever) then I'll work with them (and anyone else who needs to be involved) and get them intergrated into the DOEs

Cheers

I've put some together for Locations and Organisations (see, I even spelled it wrong for you ;)). It's not exactly the same, but it's better than what I see now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cytsv05wt1bpk6/sidebar.zip?dl=0

:cool:

dulux-oz
November 10th, 2019, 10:31
Hi All,

I've just published new versions of all the DOEs. These versions work with FGv3.3.8 & FGv3.3.9 (when it gets released).

Note: For the moment, these versions of the DOEs DO NOT WORK WITH FGU-Beta (for those of you in the FGU-Beta-test Program). For the moment, please feel free to use the (now) old versions of the DOEs. I'll be releaseing FGU-Compatible/Supported/Tested version when FGU is released.

Each new DOE version has been placed on the first Post of each relevant DOE Thread, as per normal.

I'll be updating the each DOE Maunuals (and the FG Wiki), plus the individual Ruleset Extensions Threads, over the next little while.

These DOEs, apart from having general updates, have the following modifications to them:

Added ColourGroups to all DOE Lists - Allows the player to give one of 7 coloured backgrounds (8 if you include "none") to the individual Entries in Lists. Used to visually group Entries together. Look for the Rainbow on all DOE List.
Fixed the Comma in Prices Issue in Buildings (Shops)
Caused Items weighing less than 1 unit to be recorded as 0 weight to stop the FG Engine's recording them as a long decimal in Buildings (Shops).
Fixed the Coin Label case Issue in Buildings (Shops).
Added ChatBox Message on character buy & sell in Buildings (Shops).

Thanks to Tim Cox for help in getting the last 4 of these done.

These DOEs now support:

CoreRPG
13th Age
D&D 2E
D&D 3.5E
D&D 4E
D&D 5E
Call Of Cthulhu 6E
Call Of Cthulhu 7E
Castles & Crusades - Needs a Graphic
Cypher Systems
Fate Core
Numenera
PFRPG
PFRPG2
SavageWorlds (SWADE) - Needs three Graphics
SFRPG - Needs Graphics
SWD
The Strange
The Dungeon, Simple Brown, Simple Grey, and Wood Themes across all supported Rulesets

These DOEs have had the following Rulesets depreciated and are no longer supported:

BoL
Dark Herasy
GURPS - may re-support in coming versions.
Maelstrom
MoreCore
WHFRP2

As per normal, if you find any bugs (these Extensions are provided "as is"), have any suggestions, etc, then please let me know by posting here for the relevant DOE and I'll get it fixed and released ASAP.

Enjoy :)

dulux-oz
November 17th, 2019, 08:05
Hi Everyone,

If you would like to report a Bug or make a Feature Request in relation to this DOE please do so in this Thread.

The best way to make a Bug Report and/or Feature Request is to follow these guidelines:

Please give your Post a Heading/Title of either “BUG Report” or “Feature Request” (eg. like the Title of this Post). Your Issue will then be assigned an Issue Number of the Post’s Post Number.
For Bug Reports, please include:

The Version of FG you are using
The Ruleset you are using
A List of all Extensions you have loaded, including any and all Version Numbers
Whether the Bug occurred on the GM's computer, the Player(s) computer, or both
Any Error Message(s) displayed (if any)
And as detailed a description of what you were doing when the Bug occured

For Feature Requests, please include as much detail about the Feature as you can.
Before making such a Bug Report or Feature Request Post, please look through this Thread to see if your Issue or Feature hasn’t already been posted. I'll periodically summarise the Bug Reports and the Feature Requests and their Status in a Post to this Thread.
If you have further information about a Bug or a Feature Request then you can make an addendum Bug Report or Feature Request by following these guidelines. Please add the original Bug Report or Feature Request Issue/Post Number to the end of your Post's Heading.
In an effort to keep the number of Posts in this Thread from being overwhelmed, please do not post “Me Too” Bug Reports or Feature Requests.

If you would like to contact me to obtain help, or for any other reason, please do so by Posting to this Thread (greatly preferred) or, if you require some privacy, to the Fantasy Grounds PM System (not preferred at all).

Note that posting to the Fantasy Grounds Forums will result in the fastest response, not just from me but also from other users of this DOE. I only check my PM Inbox every couple of days.

Cheers

dulux-oz
December 16th, 2019, 13:08
Hi Everyone,

Let me say again what I said in Post #90

For the moment, the DOEs DO NOT WORK WITH FGU