PDA

View Full Version : DOE Base Extension

Pages : [1] 2

dulux-oz
December 7th, 2015, 06:26
Note: This extension is no longer available.

Overview
This Extension is a "Core" Extension for all of the DOEs (Dulux-Oz Extensions). This Extension needs to be loaded in addition to one or more of the DOEs.

In addition, this Extension adds an EntryBox to the ColourGizmo which allows you to enter the Hexadecimal Colour Code of a Colour. Once you press Enter the Colour of your Dice and Pointers, etc, is set to that Hexadecimal Colour Code. The value in the EntryBox also displays the Hexadecimal Colour Code of the current Colour and will update when pressing any of the Colour Step Buttons. In all other respects this works exactly the same as the standard ColourGizmo (ie same Step Amounts, etc) available from the Colour Button located with the other Small Menubar/Sidebar Buttons to the top-right of the main Fantasy Grounds screen.

Version

1.0.0 - Initial Creation
1.2.0 - Added Sound Integration with DOE Sound Extension
2.0.0 - Compatibility Update
3.0.0 - Added GURPS and WHFRP 2ed Ruleset support
3.2.0 - Compatibility Update, Fixed issues with Simple Brown & Simple Gray Themes, add support for StarFinder Ruleset (Graphics still required)
3.2.1 - Compatibility Update
4.0.0 - See Post #292 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27158-DOE-Base-Extension&p=461870&viewfull=1#post461870)
4.0.1 - Current - Minor Bug Fixes

Rulesets
This Extension works with:

CoreRPG Ruleset v3.3.8, CoreRPG Ruleset v3.3.9, and selected Child Rulesets.

Supersedes
The following Extensions are superseded by this Extension and are no longer required:

DOE: Alternative ColourGizmo Extension.

Rulesets By Dulux-Oz

DORCore (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42221-DORCore-An-Advanced-Beta-Release-Of-A-New-Ruleset)

Other Extensions By Dulux-Oz
All of the Extensions listed here are dependent upon this Extension:

DOE: Alignment Graph Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25319-DOE-Alignment-Graph-Extension)
DOE: Campaign Style Graph Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25320-DOE-Campaign-Style-Graph-Extension)
DOE: Locations Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20794-DOE-Locations-Extension)
DOE: OLE Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34735-DOE-OLE-Extension)
DOE: Organisations Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27169-DOE-Organisations-Extension)
DOE: Sound Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31369-DOE-Sound-Extension)
DOE: Weather Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22142-DOE-Weather-Extension)

Downloading The Extension
This Extension and its accompanying Documentation can be downloaded from the links at the bottom of this post.

Loading The Extension
This Extension is loaded exactly like all other Fantasy Grounds Extensions - by first copying the .ext file to the Extensions Folder under the Fantasy Grounds Folder and then re-starting Fantasy Grounds. If the Extension is compatible with the currently installed version of a given Ruleset it will be displayed in the Extensions List for that Ruleset and can be loaded by clicking on the Checkbox next to the Extension's name.

If the Extension has large red 'X' next to its name in the Extension List then the Extension or an Extension that this one is dependent upon is not compatible with the chosen Ruleset. Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest copy of this Extension and any Extensions this one is dependent upon.

When Fantasy Grounds Updates
After a Fantasy Grounds version update you should verify that all Extensions (not just this one) have been either updated themselves or verified by the Extension author that they work with the new version of Fantasy Grounds. If you have any issues with Fantasy Grounds after an update then it is best to disable all Extensions and then re-enable them one by one until the issue re-appears.

Helping Out
If you like this Extension and find it useful, you may like to consider showing your support by making a Donation so that this Software and similar Software can continue to be maintained and developed.

Donations can be made via PayPal to:

[email protected]

Thank you

Previous Downloads: 6,883

Bobs
December 13th, 2015, 18:00
Dude, you rocked in these extensions!

dulux-oz
December 14th, 2015, 00:05
Dude, you rocked in these extensions!

Thankyou - its always nice to hear people like your work

Cheers

JeffKnight
December 17th, 2015, 01:53
Getting this error when changing dice color:

Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsColourGizmo.lua"]:84: attempt to index global 'CampRegistry' (a nil value)

dulux-oz
December 17th, 2015, 02:03
That was fixed in release 1.0.1 :)

GrimmSpector
December 23rd, 2015, 00:37
Will this work with the PFRPG ruleset?

dulux-oz
December 23rd, 2015, 01:54
Will this work with the PFRPG ruleset?

Yeap, as will all the DOE Extensions :)

GrimmSpector
December 25th, 2015, 04:45
Yeap, as will all the DOE Extensions :)

Awesome, they look pretty good...now I just have to figure out how to backup my stuff before trying anything!

dulux-oz
December 25th, 2015, 05:01
Copy the campaign folder in the campaigns folder to another directory - its what I do :)

Cheers

damned
December 25th, 2015, 07:42
or zip it up and append a date stamp so you know which backup is which.
eg RuinsOfHaranhall-20151225.zip

Samarex
December 27th, 2015, 05:50
Dulux-oz,
Please check into this when you got time. If I create a campaign with PFRPG Ruleset or 3.5E ruleset, and enable the DOEbase ext in conjunction with the FG's Advanced Beastry ext, I get

Runtime Notice: Host session started
Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsDesktopManager.lua"]:252: attempt to compare number with string

And the whole right menu system is not there.
If I turn off either ext its fine but only with both on I get this.

dulux-oz
December 27th, 2015, 06:28
Dulux-oz,
Please check into this when you got time. If I create a campaign with PFRPG Ruleset or 3.5E ruleset, and enable the DOEbase ext in conjunction with the FG's Advanced Beastry ext, I get

Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsDesktopManager.lua"]:252: attempt to compare number with string

And the whole right menu system is not there.
If I turn off either ext its fine but only with both on I get this.

Yeah, the Advanced Beastry is incompatible with the DOE Extensions - I've identified the issue (its old, superseded code in the Beastry that appears to be no-longer required, irrespective of the use of the DOEs or not) and passed on the information to the author asking for it to be updated.

Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done from within the DOEs to resolve the issue (that I can work out, anyway) - it is possible to remove the unnecessary code from the Beastry on an individual basis (its about a third of a single line), but that requires "jail-breaking" that Extension, so I'm not at liberty to say how.

Sorry about that - its just one of those things.

Cheers

Samarex
December 27th, 2015, 23:24
Not a problem, Very seldom use the Beastry at this point and when I do just need to turn off DOE

Just wanted to make sure you knew there was a issue

DMReckless
January 2nd, 2016, 23:18
Edit: sorry, already reported, ignore this :)

Samarex
January 2nd, 2016, 23:20
Yep Delux Answered it in post #12

dulux-oz
January 4th, 2016, 01:42
I'm pleased to announce that the LPak Community Project/Program (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27202-LanguagePak-%28LPak%29-Community-Project-Program) has produced an LPak (Language Pack) for this Extension. Please see the linked thread for details on how to have this Extension in a non-English language.

Well done to the Project/Program Team.

Cheers

yac
January 10th, 2016, 15:15
DOE Base, Locations, Organisation, ... are very valuable and good extensions. Thanks for that.

I have one question / request :

I play D&D5 and bought the D&D theme (Wizards).
DOE location, Organisation, ... seem not to be fully compatible with this theme
Just have a look on the capture attached

Is this can be fixed ?

Many thanks in advance for your answer

dulux-oz
January 11th, 2016, 00:39
This requires two things to happen:

Someone develops the appropriate graphics (I can't, my graphic work sux)
The Theme author makes a couple of code changes (as spelled out in the DOEBase Manual) - it would also be helpful if I could get to the code of the Theme, but I can't because SW has it "locked up" due to copyright issues (I believe)

So I can't see it happening any time soon

bnickelsen
January 12th, 2016, 03:19
I am having an issue getting your Ext to load. I am on the latest FG version I have save your base ext and all of your other ext. I have several other ext loaded just fine. Guessing I missed something.

dulux-oz
January 12th, 2016, 05:13
Which Ruleset?

Have you tried loading the Extension without any othert Extensions loaded?

damned
January 12th, 2016, 06:46
I am having an issue getting your Ext to load. I am on the latest FG version I have save your base ext and all of your other ext. I have several other ext loaded just fine. Guessing I missed something.

Its very hard to know how to give advice other than dulux_oz's advice without any info other than "I am having an issue getting your Ext to load". Are there any eror messages, do you see anything if you turn on /console and do a /reload?

bnickelsen
January 12th, 2016, 13:02
Its very hard to know how to give advice other than dulux_oz's advice without any info other than "I am having an issue getting your Ext to load". Are there any eror messages, do you see anything if you turn on /console and do a /reload?

Just tried your suggestion and I got no errors, but did learn about "/reload". Thank you

Which Ruleset?

Sorry I started in the 5e rule set forum and missed that it jumped out. I really did think about adding that but did not want to be redundant.

Have you tried loading the Extension without any othert Extensions loaded?

No, but tring now......

Ok took everything out of the extensions folder then added back in "DOEBase.ext" and "AlignmentGraph.ext"

No errors in "/console" on reload

In the FG chat window I get the following

5E ruleset v3.1.5 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

CoreRPG ruleset v3.1.5 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Custom desktop decal

Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Anything else I can try?

dulux-oz
January 12th, 2016, 13:16
When troubleshooting you can never be redundant :)

OK, so can you load the DOEBase extension into the 5E Ruleset by itself?

Also, what do you mean when you say you are having trouble loading the Extension? - what is happening/not happening that you expect to happen? The more info you can supply the better.

Can you also try things with a fresh 5E campaign and with the CoreRPG Ruleset - I'm also going to assume that there are no Extensions (apart from those two) listed with red or pale-red dots beside them (no, I don't think you're stupid, I'm simply making 100% we're talking about exactly the same thing) :)

bnickelsen
January 12th, 2016, 14:36
Can you also try things with a fresh 5E campaign and with the CoreRPG Ruleset - I'm also going to assume that there are no Extensions (apart from those two) listed with red or pale-red dots beside them (no, I don't think you're stupid, I'm simply making 100% we're talking about exactly the same thing) :)

Crap, I swear all I had to do in the past was drop the new extension in the folder and it would load into game game.
I now see that (and probable just forgot) that you also need to make sure they are selected in the campaign selection window.

Problem solved

Thank you for helping me see the forest.

dulux-oz
January 12th, 2016, 14:45
No problem - glad you got it sorted :)

dulux-oz
January 14th, 2016, 07:06
OK, I think - THINK - I've worked out a solution to our "intermittent name change" issue - the new release will/does have the fix

Cheers

dulux-oz
January 14th, 2016, 09:33
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post. Be aware that you will also need to download the new versions of any other DOEs you may be using.

As normal, if you have any issues or suggestions then please let me know.

Enjoy!

Cheers

dulux-oz
January 17th, 2016, 01:00
Hi Everybody,

Minor bug fix update in Post #1

Doomskull
February 10th, 2016, 23:39
Is there a way to get your extensions to work with Vampire the Masquerade rulesets? I looked but I don't think they are supported at this time.

dulux-oz
February 11th, 2016, 01:12
Hi Doomskull,

The problem is is that the Vampire Ruleset is not built on top of the CoreRPG (I could be wrong, so please let me know if I am). One of the reasons SW went to the whole "Cascading Ruleset" model when we went to FGv3 was that we were having to reinvent the wheel every time we did a new ruleset (that's us the Community Devs and SmiteWorks themselves). Now, Moon Wizard has pulled all the "common" stuff into the CoreRPG and we now layer on top of it any Ruleset-specific stuff. This allows us to more rapidly develop Rulesets and also to develop Extensions which can be non-Ruleset specific (it can still be a PITA, but its now doable).

To make any of my Extensions compatible with with a non-CoreRPG-child Ruleset would be a major rewrite, and one I'd have to do for EACH Ruleset - this would be a backward step, as I estimate the same amount of work would be required to bring the non-CoreRPG-child Ruleset up to the "Cascading Ruleset standard". A lot of the Community Devs are slowly working on getting their non-CoreRPG-child Rulesets up to standard, but some Devs have determined that the reward gained for the effort required is not worth it. I'd suggest seeing who the original Dev of the Vampire Ruleset is/was and seeing if they're updating it or would be willing to update it. If not, then maybe someone else would like to (for example, I'm currently updating the Dragon Warriors Ruleset to the Cascading Ruleset standard as I've got permission from the original Dev to do so). Unfortunately, I'm not prepared to do any Ruleset-updates/rewrites for a Ruleset I'm not interested in as a hobby (Vampire I'm not) - and as a paid professional I don't link most people can afford my rates over the time it'll take to do it (100's of man-hours - just ask Patriarch how long we've been working on the 13th Age :) )

So, unless I'm wrong and Vampire is a CoreRPG-child, then I don't see the rewrite of the Extension(s) happening - sorry.

If you'd like some further insight into the FG Architecture and how the Cascading Ruleset Model works, read this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Development_Overview).

Cheers

Doomskull
February 11th, 2016, 02:25
Thanks for the response. I will put your wonderful extensions to work on my 5E campaigns, so thank you so much for your efforts! We just switched over to VtM to mix things up and found there isn't much as far as modules and extensions for it. Oh well.

dulux-oz
February 11th, 2016, 04:13
We just switched over to VtM to mix things up and found there isn't much as far as modules and extensions for it. Oh well.

Yeah, that's because its an "older" Ruleset and therefore hasn't been updated or supported as well as some others.

Thanks for thanks, and remember, the more support I get the more Extensions and Rulesets and Videos I can do, so support me all you can (via the link in my sig) :)

spite
May 8th, 2016, 06:52
Should we avoid updating the extensions until your base extension is reuploaded? Or can we use the new ones while we wait

dulux-oz
May 8th, 2016, 07:24
No, you'll need to wait - sorry, we had a slight delay to the DOE Sound & DOE Base Extensions AFTER I stated updating forum posts etc - we should have it bt tomorrow (international time-zones and people being asleep, etc)

I do apologize for being a "tease" :)

spite
May 8th, 2016, 09:46
No worries. I look forward to using it though, thanks!

dulux-oz
May 10th, 2016, 02:49
OK, the new Extension is now loaded onto the first post - sorry about the delay

dulux-oz
May 13th, 2016, 05:33
Hi Everyone,

I've finally gotten a copy of the 5E WotC Theme so I can "rework" all of the DOEs to make them fit the theme better.

But now I need to get some appropriate graphic - if someone could do me up some 5E WotC-style graphics for this Extension (and any of the other DOEs) I'm sure I and the rest of the Community would be very grateful.

For that matter, if the graphics of any of the DOEs aren't quite right for your favorite Ruleset then if you'd like to do some up I'll incorporate them into the next release of the relevant DOE.

Thanks - and spread the word to your RPG GM-friends about the DOEs if they're not using them already. :)

Cheers

dberkompas
June 8th, 2016, 02:18
Script errors when using DOE Base Extension 1.2 with Test FG 3.2.0

Script Error: [string "scripts/data_desktop.lua"]:38: attempt to call field 'registerStackShortcuts' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_library.lua"]:49: attempt to call field 'addLibraryDockShortcut' (a nil value)

Boomer

dulux-oz
June 8th, 2016, 02:47
Yeap - just getting to them - hold tight, I'll have updates as soon as I can

Cheers

dberkompas
June 8th, 2016, 04:50
Thanks DO, just wanted to make sure you were aware. Keep up the awesome work, we appreciate it.

APPR3NTIC3
June 28th, 2016, 10:04
Awesome job with these extensions. Just joined the Fantasy Ground family, still learning everything and trying to get my 5e stuff ready for my first game.

dulux-oz
June 28th, 2016, 10:31
Awesome job with these extensions. Just joined the Fantasy Ground family, still learning everything and trying to get my 5e stuff ready for my first game.

Thankyou - glad you like them.

Have you seen my Tutorial Videos - links in my sig :)

dulux-oz
June 28th, 2016, 10:41
Hi Everyone,

With the impending release of FGv3.2 I have been working furiously on getting all the DOEs (new and old) working with the new way of doing things. As such, I need to get some new icons for the Sidebar, etc. If anyone with any sort of artistic talent could have a look at the lists of what I need in the other DOE Threads and produce some appropriate graphics for me and for your fellow Community Members I'm sure we'll all appreciate it. If you get in touch I can supply some of the "base" graphics (for those icons that use that "style" of graphic).

Thanks

daboking
July 12th, 2016, 14:12
Forgive my ignorance, I am still new to modding my original FG. I dropped this in my extensions folder, but don't know how to bring it up in game? Thanks
*never mind, I think I found it. /DOH!! I did not realize I had a radial to check before I launched campaign. hahaha.

damned
July 12th, 2016, 14:17
You need to select/activate them on the Load Campaign screen first.

Capt.Robo
July 19th, 2016, 07:03
when I launch FG with the base and locations extensions selected I get 2 script errors and then library icons are unavailable except "locations".

Script errors:
Script Error: [string "scripts/data_desktop.lua"]:38: attempt to call field 'registerStackShortcuts' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_library.lua"]:50: attempt to call field 'addLibraryDockShortcut' (a nil value)

dulux-oz
July 19th, 2016, 08:09
when I launch FG with the base and locations extensions selected I get 2 script errors and then library icons are unavailable except "locations".

Script errors:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_library.lua"]:50: attempt to call field 'addLibraryDockShortcut' (a nil value)

Which Ruleset and which version of FG (and what other Extensions are you loading) - the current Extension will only work with the current version of FG (v3.1.7) - they do not (yet) work with the test version of FG (v3.2) because the test version hasn't been released yet. :)

Get back to me with this info and we'll get you sorted

Cheers

damned
July 19th, 2016, 08:14
Capt.Robo - addLibraryDockShortcut is only in 3.2.0
Is there a reason you are running in Test Mode?
Test Mode is really for people who are bug testing rulesets.
You cant connect to or have anyone connect to you unless you are all running the same version.

Capt.Robo
July 19th, 2016, 08:50
I inadvertently upgraded to 3.2. I changed from running Dev to live mode and that defaulted me to 3.1.7. all appears to be working and I can access all my locations again. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I t had been a while since I had used FG and it's a bit rusty.

damned
July 19th, 2016, 09:21
I inadvertently upgraded to 3.2. I changed from running Dev to live mode and that defaulted me to 3.1.7. all appears to be working and I can access all my locations again. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I t had been a while since I had used FG and it's a bit rusty.

Yeah - just go into settings and change back to Live.

Fudly
August 4th, 2016, 18:38
On the "Usage" page in the manual, the "Linking Teamspeak and Syrinscape" goes to a broken url.
I assume you mean this url: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_TeamSpeak_%26_Syrinscape

dulux-oz
August 5th, 2016, 01:16
I'll look into it - thanks

Jonthekilr
August 8th, 2016, 19:34
When i host a game and my friends trys to join he gets and error message saying : Runtime Error: D3DXCreateTexture failed - D3DPOOL_MANAGED
I have all the extensions but the weather and sound extensions downloaded. I had him download the same ones and we still had the same error.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2016, 19:39
When i host a game and my friends trys to join he gets and error message saying : Runtime Error: D3DXCreateTexture failed - D3DPOOL_MANAGED
I have all the extensions but the weather and sound extensions downloaded. I had him download the same ones and we still had the same error.
Do a test without any of the extensions (make a new, blank campaign) and ask your friend to join. I'd be surprised if this error is caused by the extensions, but it is a good idea to check.

This error is usually caused by the Fantasy Grounds client not being able to draw (usually being minimized, even though the app has had that feature removed). Make sure the player has their FG application viewed and in focus.

ddavison
August 8th, 2016, 21:17
It sounds like a graphic driver update issue. Ask him to reboot his computer and try again. I've seen that sort of error when Windows did an update before.

dulux-oz
August 9th, 2016, 02:19

That's not an error of any of the DOEs - they don't go anywhere near the D3DX-system, so I can't see how they would be causing the error you're getting. I'd do what Trenloe suggested and see if you can reproduce it without any Extensions loaded.

chadhill
August 9th, 2016, 17:21
[MODERATOR: Moved to the DOE Base thread as this appears to be related]

I have a question, when I try to copy a location I get this error in my console,
Script Error:[string"DOEBase/Script/IsMiscFunction.lua"]345:attemp to index a nil value
Database Notice: Campaign saved.
I am running CoreRuleset and trying to duplicate into 3.5 rulset, I am currently copy/paste the entire database (which is 21 countries with 2-15 cities/towns/villages each, and each of those is at least 2 buildings).
My question is...is there a way to transfer an entire Locations db. from one ruleset to another?

Trenloe
August 9th, 2016, 18:04
[MODERATOR: Moved to the DOE Base thread as this appears to be related]

I have a question, when I try to copy a location I get this error in my console,
Script Error:[string"DOEBase/Script/IsMiscFunction.lua"]345:attemp to index a nil value
Database Notice: Campaign saved.
I am running CoreRuleset and trying to duplicate into 3.5 rulset, I am currently copy/paste the entire database (which is 21 countries with 2-15 cities/towns/villages each, and each of those is at least 2 buildings).
My question is...is there a way to transfer an entire Locations db. from one ruleset to another?
This might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Locations_Database#Copying_And_Exporting_DOE:_Loca tions_Extension_Records

Seananigans
September 18th, 2016, 05:26
Is there a way to get this (Locations) extension to adhere to the 5e dragon/wizards theme? I'm not digging the jarring base FG theme when everything else is set to use my wizards theme.

dulux-oz
September 18th, 2016, 06:18
Is there a way to get this (Locations) extension to adhere to the 5e dragon/wizards theme? I'm not digging the jarring base FG theme when everything else is set to use my wizards theme.

I've got that done in the new release - which will be released as soon as the FG v3.2 release is released (wow - that's too many "releases") :)

Cheers

dulux-oz
October 1st, 2016, 09:45
Hi Everybody,

I've decided to make the raw files that make up this and the other DOEs available via Bitbucket and Git. So if you're a fellow dev, know how to drive a Git-client (btw I prefer GitKracken) and would like to contribute and/or help beta-test the DOE Updates before they go live then feel free to contribute via Git and Bitbucket.

Please see the first post in this Thread for details.

Note that all working versions of the Dulux-Oz Extensions will be released in the first Post of their relevant Thread as per normal.

Cheers

MentalChillness
November 2nd, 2016, 05:57
Waiting patiently for your updated extensions. FG 3.2 won't be complete without it. Thanks for all your work.

Edit: Got them now, working smoothly so far. Awesome work and timely as well.

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2016, 06:06
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post.

Enjoy!

Cheers

SpiritofFire
November 2nd, 2016, 16:53
I can't get the chatsounds to play automatically. Any example triggers? I'd like to play a sound when a certain spell gets cast.

EDIT: Oops, wrong thread..

chadhill
November 3rd, 2016, 00:51
I downloaded the base ext. and replaced the old, then downloaded all the new versions of DOE. The only ext. that is showing available is the base, I have the red "x" nest to all of them. I am running FG 3.2 and 3.5e/PFRPG, but I noticed that it is not running in CoreRPG either. They are the ONLY ext I have running. I don't understand why the base would run and not the other ext. Just to make sure Location v4.4, OLE v1.0, Organizations v1.5, Sound v2.0, Weather v2.4 are the compatible versions that work with FG3.2?

damned
November 3rd, 2016, 01:16
Do you have any unpacked versions in your extensions folder?

chadhill
November 3rd, 2016, 01:19
"unpacked"? I have deleted all the old versions of the extensions, and reloaded the base. I turned all other extensions off to avoid any inadvertent conflicts and the other DOE extensions have a red "x", except for the base ext. I know I am missing something, but I can not figure out what

dulux-oz
November 3rd, 2016, 01:43
Yes, those are all the FGV3.2 compatible DOEs.

The red Xs mean that, as far as FG is concerned, the Extensions are not compatable. Let me ask you this: on the Campaign Loading Screen (the one with the red Xs) do the Extensions actually say the version numbers as you've listed them below, include DOE: Base v2.0?

chadhill
November 3rd, 2016, 01:48
Yes, that is where I found the v#

chadhill
November 3rd, 2016, 01:50
is my Base v. wrong?

dulux-oz
November 3rd, 2016, 02:08
If it says something other than DOE: Base v2.0 then the answer is yes.

What has often worked in the past is to delete all the offending Extensions completely off the system and then download fresh ones - start with the DOE: Base if you're going to do this as I suspect that's the one "playing up"

Cheers

chadhill
November 3rd, 2016, 02:15
Yeap, that did it, I must have missed deleting one before I replaced the Base. If I have not said it lately, YOU ROCK, thank you.:D

dulux-oz
November 5th, 2016, 11:48
@Everyone: To all of of you who have recently (& in the past) sent me some support I'd like to say "Thank you!"

It would also be nice if you could let me know your Handle here on the FG Forums (& even your email address) when you do so so that I can say thankyou personally - for example, I don't know who the hell "Smoking Jacket Magazine" is???

But thanks all the same :)

Cheers

nickabbey
November 6th, 2016, 18:56
Thanks for these extensions DO! I'm just getting started with them - specifically the organization, location and alignment graph extensions. I'm running a mini campaign in The Darkmoon Vale and I expect these tools to be super helpful. I have a question about this core extension, however. The description indicates that the menu and sidebars should be dynamically resizable. Dragging, right clicking, middle clicking, right AND left clicking at the same time... the things I could think of to try all didn't work. I thought maybe there was a documentation mod like the others, but no dice. I also checked the options panel, but didn't see anything there either. I looked for some kind of user manual or a hint, but I'm at a loss. I probably just missed something super obvious, but this has got me scratching my head.

dulux-oz
November 7th, 2016, 00:58
@nickabbey: Up until the FGv3.2 release the DOE: Base would automatically resize its width and automatically resize the large Menubar Buttons depending upon how many small and large buttons there were and how big (vertically) the FG window was. The effect of this was that you would get 2, 3, 4, or 5 columns of small buttons and 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 columns of large buttons (when at their smallest were the same width as the small buttons).

When Moon put in the ability to turn on/off large buttons and made the Menubar size automatically in FGv3.2 I stripped out the relevant code from the DOE: Base (because it was causing conflicts - actually, I think Moon based some of his new code on mine, but that could be my rampant ego talking :) ).

Now that I've had a good chance to see the FGv3.2 code in action I'm actually thinking of putting the original DOE: Base code back in (with compatability changes, obviously, and maybe an Option to turn it on or off as people want).

So the users could never re-size the Menubar themselves; it was always done by the system itself - and now at the moment it doesn't even do that (for the reasons above). I suppose I should really make that obvious in the Extension's description... :)

Anyway, glad you like them

Cheers

Moon Wizard
November 7th, 2016, 01:14
I would recommend against overriding that script, or any low-level CoreRPG manager script. Pretty much every single person using the DOE extensions had issues with the update, because of this override.

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
November 7th, 2016, 01:50
I would recommend against overriding that script, or any low-level CoreRPG manager script. Pretty much every single person using the DOE extensions had issues with the update, because of this override.

Regards,
JPG

Yeah, but only until they updated to the most recent versions of the DOEs, which we know is "best practice" to do (disabling all Extensions and updating to new versions).

And I would dispute the "pretty much every single person" part of your statement - according to the number of downloads the (penultimate-latest version of the) DOE: Base has had and the number of actual issues related to that part of the code (once we were out of "Test") the percentage is less than 5% (and I would claim < 1%) - hardly "pretty much every single person" :)

But we can agree to disagree :)

Cheers

DM_GJE
November 7th, 2016, 03:46
After the update to 5E ruleset v3.2.0 all menu items on right side disappeared. Replaced DOEBase ver 1.1 with 2.0 but problems still exist (some menu items came back, some still gone). Reading through this thread carefully to figure out what to do....

UPDATE: It was user error. All I had to do was click on "Library" on bottom right, then "GM" and everything came back.

(embarrassed..)

dulux-oz
November 7th, 2016, 05:28
After the update to 5E ruleset v3.2.0 all menu items on right side disappeared. Replaced DOEBase ver 1.1 with 2.0 but problems still exist (some menu items came back, some still gone). Reading through this thread carefully to figure out what to do....

UPDATE: It was user error. All I had to do was click on "Library" on bottom right, then "GM" and everything came back.

(embarrassed..)

It's cool - a lot of people are getting caught with that new feature of Fantasy Grounds :)

APPR3NTIC3
November 16th, 2016, 06:06
I'm a noob to all this, I've been using your plugins for a while now. I log back on to FG after a while (and a Windows 10 'os refresh') and now I have duplicate 'buttons' and the higher ones on the list give me errors. I get this error when I click on....

'Personalities'
"Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (npclist : npc)"

'Notes'
"Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (notelist : notes)"

and so on. I don't even know where to look on here for the answer. Help me dulux-oz you're my owly hope.

damned
November 16th, 2016, 06:11
I'm a noob to all this, I've been using your plugins for a while now. I log back on to FG after a while (and a Windows 10 'os refresh') and now I have duplicate 'buttons' and the higher ones on the list give me errors. I get this error when I click on....

'Personalities'
"Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (npclist : npc)"

'Notes'
"Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (notelist : notes)"

and so on. I don't even know where to look on here for the answer. Help me dulux-oz you're my owly hope.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

dulux-oz
November 16th, 2016, 06:29

'Personalities'

'Notes'

Basically, you need to update all the DOE Extensions to the latest versions.

When FG does an update (and v3.2 was a pretty major update, the first thing you should do is disable/not load any Extensions until you've confirmed that they either (a) work with the new version of FG, or (b) get updated by the Dev who wrote them.

FG went to v3.2.1 earlier today and I am minutes away (at 06:30 16-Nov-16 UTC) from updating all the DOE's - so give me 30 minutes and then you can download the new versions

Make sense?

Cheers

dulux-oz
November 16th, 2016, 06:57
Hi Everybody,

Enjoy!

Cheers

dulux-oz
November 17th, 2016, 05:55
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post which fixes some bug issues across (some of) the DOEs.

Enjoy!

Cheers

darrenan
January 2nd, 2017, 01:44
Bug Report:
This only happens on the player side, not on the host side.
Connect to a campaign as a player and select a character, but do not open the character sheet.
Change your dice to have black text.
Open character sheet from portrait, dice text changes to white.

Later tonight I'll verify that this happens when only DOE: Base is loaded.

LordEntrails
January 3rd, 2017, 02:27

This Extension includes a Dynamic Menubar/Sidebar, allowing the Menubar/Sidebar Buttons to be rearranged dynamically depending upon the size of the Fantasy Grounds Window, thus optimising both Button size and Desktop space.

Can you tell me how to move these buttons? I couldn't find instructions on how to do this and what I tried hasn't worked.

Also, as I'm doing my review, I've made the following notes and thought you might want to know before I post (I'm still working on the review).

This might seem trivial, and it almost is, but the instructions for the extension assumes one thing, that everyone knows how to install and use an extension. I would suggest the instructions include a quick link to the wiki article that details how to install and activate an extension. One other piece of info that would be useful to remind extension users of; is after a FG version update, they should verify that the extension author has verified the extension works with the new version and to disable extensions if they have trouble following an update (this isn’t Dulux’s responsibility, but would be a benefit to the community).

dulux-oz
January 3rd, 2017, 03:10
Can you tell me how to move these buttons? I couldn't find instructions on how to do this and what I tried hasn't worked.

Also, as I'm doing my review, I've made the following notes and thought you might want to know before I post (I'm still working on the review).

Re Dynamic Menubar - Actually, I need to update that because that functionality has been overtaken by updates to the CoreRPG itself and so has been depreciated - ie isn't there anymore - thanks for catching it.

As for the Extension loading thing - I'm in two minds over it: its such a fundamental part of using FG that it should be in the "basic box of tricks" of every user, like how to roll dice or use the Hotkey Bar. Unfortunately, that breaks one of my cardinal rules: always assume no knowledge, so I don't know. As you said, its not really my responsibility, but then again if I'm trying to be the "gold standard" of Extensions then it probably should be in it - so yeah, I'll make that change.

Edit: Actually, where is the Wiki Page on loading Extensions, etc ??? :(

Cheers

damned
January 3rd, 2017, 03:22
Re Dynamic Menubar - Actually, I need to update that because that functionality has been overtaken by updates to the CoreRPG itself and so has been depreciated - ie isn't there anymore - thanks for catching it.

As for the Extension loading thing - I'm in two minds over it: its such a fundamental part of using FG that it should be in the "basic box of tricks" of every user, like how to roll dice of use the Hotkey Bar. Unfortunately, that breaks one of my cardinal rules: always assume no knowledge, so I don't know. As you said, its not really my responsibility, but then again if I'm trying to be the "gold standard" of Extensions then it probably should be in it - so yeah, I'll make that change.

Cheers

see.... *perfectionist*
;)

dulux-oz
January 3rd, 2017, 03:26
see.... *perfectionist*
;)

OK, guilty as charged! :)

LordEntrails
January 3rd, 2017, 04:05

As for the Extension loading thing - I'm in two minds over it: its such a fundamental part of using FG that it should be in the "basic box of tricks" of every user, like how to roll dice of use the Hotkey Bar. Unfortunately, that breaks one of my cardinal rules: always assume no knowledge, so I don't know. As you said, its not really my responsibility, but then again if I'm trying to be the "gold standard" of Extensions then it probably should be in it - so yeah, I'll make that change.

Edit: Actually, where is the Wiki Page on loading Extensions, etc ??? :(

Cheers

I ***-u-me-d there was a wiki page for it... Thought I referred someone to it earlier today...
This page, under the Extensions header, though its not quite what I was hoping for...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview

LordEntrails
January 3rd, 2017, 04:48
Review has been posted. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/entry.php?235-DOE-Base-Extension-by-Dulux-Oz

I have to say, I wasn't expecting to have such a highly rated review this early in my blog (I consider myself very critical). But I will also say it hadn't occurred to me to be rating one of Dulux's extensions. I pretty much consider them as close to official FG add-ons as you can get.

I will also add that I considered it a pretty hard product to review. Because by itself, it doesn't do much. But it does ALLOW you to do so much more with the other DOE extensions.

darrenan
January 8th, 2017, 18:56
Bug Report:
This only happens on the player side, not on the host side.
Connect to a campaign as a player and select a character, but do not open the character sheet.
Change your dice to have black text.
Open character sheet from portrait, dice text changes to white.

Later tonight I'll verify that this happens when only DOE: Base is loaded.

<ping!> Did you get a chance to look at this bug yet?

I did verify that it happens with just DOE: Base loaded, and does not happen with no extensions loaded. DOE: Base must be mucking with the dice color info during the character sheet open handler.

dulux-oz
January 9th, 2017, 01:33
Not yet darrenan - I've been a bit swamped the last little bit.

It is on my radar, I've just got to pry some time free.

dulux-oz
January 14th, 2017, 04:59
<ping!> Did you get a chance to look at this bug yet?

I did verify that it happens with just DOE: Base loaded, and does not happen with no extensions loaded. DOE: Base must be mucking with the dice color info during the character sheet open handler.

That's now been resolved and will be in the FGv3.2.2 updated DOE: Base

Bidmaron
January 14th, 2017, 11:12
Dulux, what about the thousands issue on currencies? Will you sneak a fix on that into the update?

dulux-oz
January 14th, 2017, 12:12
Dulux, what about the thousands issue on currencies? Will you sneak a fix on that into the update?

First of all: Wrong extension and wrong extension thread.

Secondly: I don't know. I'll have to take a look at it as I work through ALL of the DOEs to bring them up to FGv3.2.2-compatability.

Bidmaron
January 14th, 2017, 12:46
First of all: Wrong extension and wrong extension thread.

Oops, sorry about that. Somehow, I got the idea that the currency code was in the base DOE. Don't know why I believed that though.

dulux-oz
January 14th, 2017, 13:04
Oops, sorry about that. Somehow, I got the idea that the currency code was in the base DOE. Don't know why I believed that though.

It's cool - don't worry about it :)

dulux-oz
January 19th, 2017, 00:56
Hi Everybody,

Enjoy!

Cheers

chadhill
January 19th, 2017, 09:10
I wasn't sure which thread to address this in, it effects all the DOEs, so I figured I could hit them all at the same time here. I just downloaded the FG 3.2.2 and updated all my extensions, and noticed that all the tabs are gone, well not GONE, gone but "see through". Minor issue, I know, but I thought I would let you know. Thanks, you are GREAT OZ

P.S. I am running MoreCore Rule set, so that might be in issue, sorry didn't check that, I will do that now. Yes, it is only with MoreCore Set, I will repost this in that thread.

damned
January 19th, 2017, 09:14
I wasn't sure which thread to address this in, it effects all the DOEs, so I figured I could hit them all at the same time here. I just downloaded the FG 3.2.2 and updated all my extensions, and noticed that all the tabs are gone, well not GONE, gone but "see through". Minor issue, I know, but I thought I would let you know. Thanks, you are GREAT OZ

Is this in MoreCore?

dulux-oz
January 19th, 2017, 09:48
Is this in MoreCore?

No idea - let me check and I'll either let you know or fix the DOEs; whichever is required.

chadhill
January 19th, 2017, 09:53
You guys are quick, thanks.

dulux-oz
January 19th, 2017, 10:16
Is this in MoreCore?

That's the one we were discussing via email over the weekend - about the tab.png file being the wrong shade. You were going to get back to me with the correct file so I could put it into the DOE: Base

dulux-oz
January 19th, 2017, 13:16
OK, i've worked out what the issue is (Thanks damned) - I'll have an update in about 12 hours (bedtime here in Oz) :)

dulux-oz
January 20th, 2017, 01:26
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post (v2.3.1).

Note that you only need to download this version if you are using the MoreCore Ruleset; if you already have v2.3 and do NOT use MoreCore then there is no need to download v2.3.1 (but you can if you like).

Enjoy!

Cheers

chadhill
January 20th, 2017, 02:15
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed an update to the Extension on the first post (v2.3.1).

Note that you only need to download this version if you are using the MoreCore Ruleset; if you already have v2.3 and do NOT use MoreCore then there is no need to download v2.3.1 (but you can if you like).

Enjoy!

Cheers

Once again, you are my hero Oz :D

Paul Pratt
January 28th, 2017, 17:49
Hello dulux-oz,
I was wondering if we could work out a way to get these wonderful suite of extensions workable for the Warhammer FPG 2e and Dark Heresy v1 rulesets I maintain. They are more or less based on CoreRPG, Dark Heresy drifted far wider than Warhammer. Mainly the work would be graphical. Would it be ok if I worked up and posted a set of extensions to allow this?

dulux-oz
January 29th, 2017, 01:16
Hey Paul,

I'll do some investigations and see what needs to be done - then I'll probably hit you up for the graphics and we'll see about getting things integrated into the DOEs directly, if you like - sound like a plan?

Paul Pratt
January 29th, 2017, 20:04
That works for me. I would like to have these enabled for those two rulesets. Thanks dulux-oz!

Paul Pratt
February 17th, 2017, 07:05
dulux-oz,

I have the graphics ready for each ruleset, just let me know how you want me to send them to you.

dulux-oz
February 21st, 2017, 03:24
Hi Guys & Girls,

So its 21-Feb-2017 and I find myself in the position to be able to spend the next week or so on ensuring that the DOEs are working properly for people. In an effort to make my life easier in this, I'm going to ask you all to please post a message here about any outstanding Bugs you may have with this DOE (copies of this post are being made in each of the DOE Threads, so only post here about this DOE, please). However, before you do, please take a brief moment to read through any other Bug Posts made after this Post so that you're not telling me about something I've already been made aware of - sure, if you have further information, add it to the mix, but multiple posts about the same Bug are actually counter-productive - no "Me too" posts, please - thanks.

Also, just to spell things out explicitly, BEFORE you post a Bug could you please ensure that you have the latest Ruleset and Extensions (possible by downloading the Extensions again).

I'm going to use the Post # as the Bug Tracking # from now on, so if you do need to add information about a previously reported Bug, include the original Post/Bug # in your updated information - thanks.

Please note that this is about Bugs, not Desired Features (I'll probably do one of those "requests" requests later on).

If you do post a Bug, please include the following information:

The Ruleset you are using, including version numbers
A full list of any Extensions you have loaded, including versions numbers (where available)
If the Bug only occurs when a Module is loaded, the Module Name and version number (if applicable)
A detailed explanation of the Bug and how to reproduce it

So, let's see about making sure everything's working properly - your help and patience in this is appreciated.

Cheers

dulux-oz
February 21st, 2017, 03:25
dulux-oz,

I have the graphics ready for each ruleset, just let me know how you want me to send them to you.

Email them to [email protected] ?

Paul Pratt
February 21st, 2017, 16:56
Sent to the e-mail above. Address sent from [email protected].

chadhill
March 3rd, 2017, 18:13
Are the DOE's compatible with the MoreCore ruleset?

dulux-oz
March 4th, 2017, 00:57
Are the DOE's compatible with the MoreCore ruleset?

Yes

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2017, 10:06
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed a new version of the Extension on the first post (v3.0).

This version supports a number of new Rulesets and also lays the groundwork for a number of current (in this set of releases) and future features in the other DOEs and DOMs.

The Rulesets now supported by the DOEs include:

CoreRPG
3.5E D&D
4E D&D
5E D&D
Barbarians of Lemuria
Call of Cthulhu
Call of Cthulhu 7E
Castles & Crusades
d20 Modern
Fate Core
GURPS
MoreCore
Numenera
Pathfinder
Savage Worlds
WHFRP 2ed

Please note that there has been a delay in bringing the the DOE: Alignment Graph and DOE: Campaign Style Graph Extensions into compatibility with this version of the DOE: Base - if you need to use either or both of these Extensions then DO NOT update to v3.0 of the DOE: Base. These two Extensions will be updated as soon as possible.

Enjoy!

Cheers

ljewell
May 13th, 2017, 19:30
This is a fantastic extension, as are all of the ones I have tried of yours Dulux-Oz. Keep up the bloody amazing work!!!

MacArone
May 27th, 2017, 05:06
Dulux, new to FG and about to start my first game, but now all of a sudden, my clients can't change their dice colors. The color palette shows up white in center, even though their dice are red(ish) and clicking on the color dots changes the color in the wheel, but does not affect the dice at all. It seems as if the color palette has lost connection to the dice if that is such a thing. I am using your DOE basic ext and even tonight, when client first logged in color picker was working and then they had a hard crash, FG locked up on them and had to restart in order to get back in to FG (via Steam). Any ideas?

Bidmaron
May 27th, 2017, 05:12
Welcome to the forums, MacArone! We are a friendly lot and generally very helpful.

Your problem sounds like an out-of-date extension. Please go to the make sure your base extension is version 3. The problem is often caused by an unpacked extension folder laying around or not doing an update. Also, make sure your FG version is 3.3 in upper right corner. If neither of these are the problem, try disabling all extensions except base and seeing if it works. Then, try starting up a new empty campaign (though I doubt that is problem)

dulux-oz
May 27th, 2017, 05:16
Dulux, new to FG and about to start my first game, but now all of a sudden, my clients can't change their dice colors. The color palette shows up white in center, even though their dice are red(ish) and clicking on the color dots changes the color in the wheel, but does not affect the dice at all. It seems as if the color palette has lost connection to the dice if that is such a thing. I am using your DOE basic ext and even tonight, when client first logged in color picker was working and then they had a hard crash, FG locked up on them and had to restart in order to get back in to FG (via Steam). Any ideas?

Reload FG without the Extension loaded - you can still pick colours via the Colour Gizmo, you just won't have the HexCode box in the lower right corner.

If it doesn't work without the Extension loaded then there is something wrong with your campaign file, and you'll need to raise a thread in the appropriate forum where the guys can help you get things sorted.

If it does work without the Extension loaded then set the colour(s), then restart FG with the Extension and see if you can still set colours correctly. Please let me know how mou go and we'll troubleshoot further if necessary.

Cheers

MacArone
May 27th, 2017, 07:49
lol, i figured it out, you won't believe it, but you have to have started your character (client didn't have a character yet) before you can change dice color. Thanks for the quick response though!

whiteTiki
June 14th, 2017, 05:14
I don't know why, but for long I wanted to stay "extension free"....

For the first time I decided to search for some extensions and see if they were useful.
Conclusion: YOUR EXTENSIONS ARE AWESOMEEEEEEEE! How much time into all this projects? that's a lot of work for a community member! I'm impressed!

I've been reading your posts all over the forums... I knew you knew coding and such... but never imagined you made all this awesomeness! Congrats for all your good work, and for not just creating the extensions, but updating them for the community. I really consider that some of your extensions should even be part of FG Core for everyone to have and use when they get FG!

But anyways, I just wanted to say THANK YOU FOR THE EXTENSIONS!

Gwydion
June 14th, 2017, 13:31

For the first time I decided to search for some extensions and see if they were useful.
Conclusion: YOUR EXTENSIONS ARE AWESOMEEEEEEEE! How much time into all this projects? that's a lot of work for a community member! I'm impressed!

I've been reading your posts all over the forums... I knew you knew coding and such... but never imagined you made all this awesomeness! Congrats for all your good work, and for not just creating the extensions, but updating them for the community. I really consider that some of your extensions should even be part of FG Core for everyone to have and use when they get FG!

Indeed. Dulux-Oz has made huge contributions to FG! I couldn't (or at least wouldn't want to) run a game without his sound extension!

Erin Righ
June 15th, 2017, 02:35

Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
ICT Professional
GMing Since 1982
NSW, Australia, UTC +10
LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Support Ongoing Video, Ruleset & Extension Development: via PayPal (Send To: [email protected])

dulux-oz
June 15th, 2017, 03:47
Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
ICT Professional
GMing Since 1982
NSW, Australia, UTC +10
LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Support Ongoing Video, Ruleset & Extension Development: via PayPal (Send To: [email protected])

:confused:

Andraax
June 15th, 2017, 14:48
I think it was a hint to donate money to you...

dulux-oz
June 15th, 2017, 15:05
I think it was a hint to donate money to you...

Oh, right, yes, thankyou

And now I've got a tease for everyone - you should see what I'm working on nnneeexxxxttttt!!!!!! :p

(Veni, vidi, vidimus - I gloat, I preen, I strut about obnoxiously)

LordEntrails
June 15th, 2017, 15:39
Oh, right, yes, thankyou

And now I've got a tease for everyone - you should see what I'm working on nnneeexxxxttttt!!!!!! :p

(Veni, vidi, vidimus - I gloat, I preen, I strut about obnoxiously)
Ok,show us!
:)

dulux-oz
June 15th, 2017, 15:57
Ok,show us!

Oh no, you are all going to have to wait

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Andraax
June 15th, 2017, 17:46
Ok,show us!

A rare photo of a strutting Dulux-Oz (https://img02.deviantart.net/8fe9/i/2012/136/a/2/strutting_pea****_by_worthy_of_praise-d501mpo.jpg).

Erin Righ
June 15th, 2017, 19:20
Yes it was a hint to donate money to you mate. Vote with your wallets folks. If you like the work that the volunteer devs do, throw them a $20, it shows your appreciation for their hard work to make your leisure funner.

Erin Righ
June 15th, 2017, 19:21
A rare photo of a strutting Dulux-Oz (https://img02.deviantart.net/8fe9/i/2012/136/a/2/strutting_pea****_by_worthy_of_praise-d501mpo.jpg).

Wow very fotogenic, Dulux-Oz :D

Gwydion
June 15th, 2017, 19:42
oh, right, yes, thankyou

and now i've got a tease for everyone - you should see what i'm working on nnneeexxxxttttt!!!!!! :p

(veni, vidi, vidimus - i gloat, i preen, i strut about obnoxiously)

not fair!! :)

dulux-oz
June 16th, 2017, 03:30

I don't know whether to be pleased or insulted at that - I always saw myself more like this

Erin Righ
June 16th, 2017, 14:59
Hey! how'd you get a picture of me in my basement?

dulux-oz
June 16th, 2017, 17:41
Hey! how'd you get a picture of me in my basement?

YOUR basement???

theexxman
August 8th, 2017, 20:20
I ordered the Fantasy_Grounds_Sounds.mod file from the DMSGuild. I put the file with the Mods files, but when I load the Sound extension and pull it up nothing is listed. I'm using 5th edition and using the wizards extension. I don't know how else to be more specific.

Gwydion
August 8th, 2017, 21:28
I ordered the Fantasy_Grounds_Sounds.mod file from the DMSGuild. I put the file with the Mods files, but when I load the Sound extension and pull it up nothing is listed. I'm using 5th edition and using the wizards extension. I don't know how else to be more specific.

Hey theexxman. Couple quick things just to clarify. When you say you "put the file with the mods file" I assume you mean that it is in the same folder as the other mods. Make sure that you open it in the library as well. So, when you open FG and open or start a campaign, make sure you click "library", find the module and open it. Once you do that you should be able to click on the "sound" shield on the right side of FG. Once you click on it, go to the last tab in the sound window that pops up which should be "chatsound" and you should see all the sounds from the module. Final point. Make sure you turn the sounds on in your FG options menu! Post back if this doesn't work.

theexxman
August 9th, 2017, 00:57
Opening it in the library had slipped my mind. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Gwydion
August 9th, 2017, 01:25
Opening it in the library had slipped my mind. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Excellent! No problem. Glad that was it.

dulux-oz
August 9th, 2017, 03:35
Thanks Gwy :)

Oh, and for the record, this set of posts should probably have appeared in the DOE: Sound Thread as its more relevant there than here - just for future reference :)

dulux-oz
September 24th, 2017, 06:47
For the record this Extension is compatible with FGv3.3.2

Cheers

LordEntrails
September 25th, 2017, 16:19
Thanks for this and all the DOE updates :)

dulux-oz
September 25th, 2017, 17:11
Thanks for this and all the DOE updates :)

You're welcome?!?

LordEntrails
September 25th, 2017, 17:32
You're welcome?!?

Well, yea! I know you are committed to keeping your extensions up to date, but that commitment and your follow through are appreciated :)

dulux-oz
September 25th, 2017, 18:02
Well, yea! I know you are committed to keeping your extensions up to date, but that commitment and your follow through are appreciated :)

Oh, OK, cool, thanks :)

(And no, the kind words won't save your character from the TPK on Sunday - but cash might :p )

Erin Righ
September 25th, 2017, 18:22
I'll double it if you make their TPK truely memorable, like getting killed by Rank Kneebiter, goblin berserker (and lady's man)

LordEntrails
September 25th, 2017, 19:05
I'll double it if you make their TPK truely memorable, like getting killed by Rank Kneebiter, goblin berserker (and lady's man)
Star Frontier's game. You can read all about the cruel and unusual torments we have had to suffer through here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38028-Terrorists-Aliens-Megacorps-Politicians-A-New-Campaign-Of-An-Old-Classic). A TPK might mean we could start over with some characters that are appreciated and loved by the poor commoners who we seek to do good on the behalf of!

Err, or is it just more money we want? If only we could live the lives of filthy rich mercenaries like you see in all the holovids!

dulux-oz
September 26th, 2017, 03:30
If only we could live the lives of filthy rich mercenaries like you see in all the holovids!

What, like the ones in the Mad Max Movies? :p

LordEntrails
September 26th, 2017, 04:48
What, like the ones in the Mad Max Movies? :p
Hmpf!

dulux-oz
October 11th, 2017, 05:49
Hi All,

Well, things are progressing well enough with the new 13th Age Ruleset and Modules that I'm actually starting to consider how the Ruleset is going to interact with some of the Extensions available, such as the DOEs. With that in mind I desperately need someone(s) with some graphical experience (probably Photoshop) to do us up some 13th Age-style Menubar/Sidebar Buttons for the DOEs - as I've exclaimed on numerous occasions in the past, my graphic works SUX!

So if you'd like to lend a hand please drop me a PM - I can provide template images for most of the required buttons, but you will have to manipulate then to produce what we require - thanks.

kdjordan
December 31st, 2017, 16:01
I'm relatively new to Fantasy Grounds and possibly very ignorant. Does this extension have an .ext package to install or should I download the source files from the archive and simply add the directory to FG extensions?

darrenan
December 31st, 2017, 16:56
See bottom of post #1 in this thread.

LordEntrails
December 31st, 2017, 17:53
I'm relatively new to Fantasy Grounds and possibly very ignorant. Does this extension have an .ext package to install or should I download the source files from the archive and simply add the directory to FG extensions?
Welcome to the forums :)

As darrenan says, the first post in the thread has a section titled "Loading this Extension". Basically you download the file and copy it to your FG extensions folder. Then you have to load it when you start FG.

kdjordan
December 31st, 2017, 19:38
Welcome to the forums :)

As darrenan says, the first post in the thread has a section titled "Loading this Extension". Basically you download the file and copy it to your FG extensions folder. Then you have to load it when you start FG.

Odd. I can see the link for the attachment on my iPhone (Safari web browser) and on my Windows PC using the Microsoft Edge browser, but can't see it in Firefox (on MacBook Pro) or Google Chrome (on Windows). Not sure what that is about. Thanks for the help! And I don't feel like such an idiot now that I know something is up with the browsers and/or service provider maybe. (I double-checked the HTML source for the page with those browsers and it absolutely does not have the link according to them.)

damned
December 31st, 2017, 22:44
Odd. I can see the link for the attachment on my iPhone (Safari web browser) and on my Windows PC using the Microsoft Edge browser, but can't see it in Firefox (on MacBook Pro) or Google Chrome (on Windows). Not sure what that is about. Thanks for the help! And I don't feel like such an idiot now that I know something is up with the browsers and/or service provider maybe. (I double-checked the HTML source for the page with those browsers and it absolutely does not have the link according to them.)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions abd choose FGResponsive.

kdjordan
December 31st, 2017, 23:52
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions abd choose FGResponsive.

Thanks! That was the problem. However, I had to log out and log back in. You can't edit your profile from mobile basic. (Apparently, I was set that way for some reason.)

Wookiee420
January 2nd, 2018, 20:39
Hey dulux, is it me or does this not work with the Star Wars ruleset? Is it possible to get it to work?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 2nd, 2018, 21:04
I know I can use the Party Sheet, to distribute the treasure to the characters, to taste. I know I can set up different stores, so that players can buy during the adventure, I know I can edit the coin nomenclature, but I would like to know if I'm doing something wrong, because when I use $. And even if I attribute these signs as currency I can not buy or sell because it says that I do not have the right amount or currency ....

damned
January 2nd, 2018, 22:44
Hey dulux, is it me or does this not work with the Star Wars ruleset? Is it possible to get it to work?

Correct Star Wars is not a CoreRPG ruleset.
Possible? Yes. Going to happen? No.

dulux-oz
January 3rd, 2018, 01:14
As damned said, the Star Wars Ruleset is not a CoreRPG-child Ruleset, and the DOEs only work with the CoreRPG and the CoreRPG-child Rulesets.

As much as I'd like everyone to be able to use the DOEs, the amount of work required to get them working with a non-CoreRPG-child Ruleset is about as much work as getting the non-CoreRPG-child Ruleset to follow the CoreRPG-child model - so its simply not going to happen (unless someone wants to pay me the "standard" Professional Coder rate for the couple of hundred hours it'll take :p ).

Incidentally, I'm getting close to releasing a new item that will allow anyone to use the DOEs with any (CoreRPG-child) Ruleset, even one they're not explicitly written to work with, provided the Ruleset creator is willing to make a small programming change - more on this later.

So if the Star Wars Ruleset creator (or someone who has their permission to modify the code) wants to work with me to get it CoreRPG-child compatible then I'm willing to help out, but its up to them to chase me as I've got a lot on my plate and can't spend the time chasing others. For that matter, if ANY Community Ruleset Dev wants to get in touch to get their Ruleset CoreRPG-child compatible and/or ready to work with the DOEs "out of the box" then I'll welcome them reaching out and will help where I can - the offer is on the table, people just have to pick it up :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 3rd, 2018, 01:59
Dulux, in the case I use GURPS and Cthulhu 7E, both supported and created based on CoreRPG, however it would be more interesting the value of buy and sell to be "fillable" to adapt to the system used, of course this is just an opinion .
If I use $ as money or ¢ or £ it is money and not just gp, sp, ep, cp, pp.

damned
January 3rd, 2018, 02:10
Dulux, in the case I use GURPS and Cthulhu 7E, both supported and created based on CoreRPG, however it would be more interesting the value of buy and sell to be "fillable" to adapt to the system used, of course this is just an opinion .
If I use $ as money or ¢ or £ it is money and not just gp, sp, ep, cp, pp.

I believe it is far more complex than that yao2020. You will also have different capitalisations etc and computers are awfully finicky at matching data...
Some of these is a CoreRPG dependency too.

dulux-oz
January 3rd, 2018, 02:44
And yako2020, one of the things I'm working on is the ability to use any currency (symbol) without any issues - but don't hold your breath, because as I said, I've got a lot on at the moment.

You'll just have to be patient.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 3rd, 2018, 02:59
It's Yako :D
And I will wait for it :D
Thanks

dulux-oz
January 3rd, 2018, 03:54
I don't know what you mean - I wrote "yako": see?!?!

(<Cough> <Cough> [After I edited it] <Cough> <Cough> - Sorry about that; stupid fingers!)

Methusulah
January 3rd, 2018, 04:13
Noob question. Will this be able to work with Discord instead of skype or teamspeak?

dulux-oz
January 3rd, 2018, 04:26
Noob question. Will this be able to work with Discord instead of skype or teamspeak?

This? No - it doesn't use any VoIP system.

But I think you're asking about the DOE: Sound. And the DOE: Sound has no affinity for any VoIP application - so yes, you can use the DOE: Sound with Teamspeak, Skype, Discord, or any other 3rd-Party Voice-over-Internet-Protocol system.

(Any what damn's about to say: its all in the doco :) )

damned
January 3rd, 2018, 04:27

The extensions are well documented... have a read there is plenty of good info in there.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 3rd, 2018, 12:07
So tranquil Dulux is that in my case it is not the fingers that fail but the keys that insist on changing places while I type !! :D

Methusulah
January 5th, 2018, 12:46
This? No - it doesn't use any VoIP system.

But I think you're asking about the DOE: Sound. And the DOE: Sound has no affinity for any VoIP application - so yes, you can use the DOE: Sound with Teamspeak, Skype, Discord, or any other 3rd-Party Voice-over-Internet-Protocol system.

(Any what damn's about to say: its all in the doco :) )

Ah, yes. I DID mean DOE: Sound. I had multiple tabs open. Thank you.

dulux-oz
January 5th, 2018, 13:05
Ah, yes. I DID mean DOE: Sound. I had multiple tabs open. Thank you.

You're welcome :)

EileenBear
January 19th, 2018, 11:24
^^^ There's a small issue with the appearance of the organizations extension, whereas the rest just work for some reason

dulux-oz
January 19th, 2018, 12:34
^^^ There's a small issue with the appearance of the organizations extension, whereas the rest just work for some reason

That's because only recently has someone volunteered to do up the appropriate graphic for the 5E Ruleset (after a couple of years of me asking for help) and so the updated version of the Extension hasn't been released yet - the new graphic will be in the next version of the Extension. :)

EileenBear
January 20th, 2018, 09:34
Ah, great! Thanks!

dulux-oz
February 7th, 2018, 06:16
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed a new version of the Extension on the first post (v3.1.0).

This version is a compatibility update for FGv3.3.4 and also included all the appropriate graphics for all of the supported Rulesets and the new Simple-Brown and Simple-Grey Themes (except for a single DOE: Organisations graphic for the CnC Ruleset - if someone can help with that it'd be appreciated).

DOE Depreciation Notice

With the release of the new DORCore Ruleset (currently v0.9.1), support for Community Rulesets within the DOEs is being depreciated. While the DOEs still work with those existing Community Rulesets as listed in the individual DOE Threads, the expectation is that this functionality will be removed for the next release of FG after v3.3.4 (ie in a few months time near the middle of 2018). This will allow the Developers of these Community Rulesets time to transition their Ruleset from being a child of the CoreRPG to being a child of the DORCore.

The DOEs will continue to work and will continue to be supported by me for all of the "standard" CoreRPG-child Rulesets available via the FG Updater utility. At this point in time (Feb-2018) this list of Rulesets consists of: CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, 5E, 13A (13th Age, ETA=Soon(TM)), CoC, CoC7, CnC, d20 Modern, Fate Core, Numenera, PFRPG and SW.

The reason this is being done is to consolidate the time and effort that is required to maintain compatibility - basically by doing things this way there will be more time for more features and functions to be included in the DORCore, DOEs and future DORs & DOEs.

Please see the DORCore Thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42221-DORCore-An-Advanced-Beta-Release-Of-A-New-Ruleset) for further details.

This notice is being / will be placed on each of the individual DOE Threads.

kerrigaj
February 15th, 2018, 15:29
Hi @dulux-oz. I'm having issues running your fine looking weather extension. I've copied base, locations and weather extensions to the correct folder, and added the weather and locations mod files to the module folder. Restarted FG and enabled your weather module in the library. I was expecting to see a small weather icon in the top right of the screen, but it is absent.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to edit the extensionstate.xml file to get it working?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll happily make a donation if I can use it!

Best, Kerrigaj

dulux-oz
February 15th, 2018, 15:38
Which Ruleset are you using the DOEs with?

The Weather Icon should be a small Button Icon that looks like a cloud with lightning coming out of it - it is slightly different for each Ruleset. Do you have a "break" (a hole, a missing button) in the small Button List?

kerrigaj
February 15th, 2018, 15:44
Which Ruleset are you using the DOEs with?

Hi, I'm using CoreRPG 3.3.4 and 5E v3.3.4 rulesets. I see no difference in the small button list at all. See attached images.

Thanks for the help.

Andraax
February 15th, 2018, 15:48
The module is only a user manual. You must turn on the extension when loading the campaign (on either your start campaign or create campaign screen).

kerrigaj
February 15th, 2018, 15:51
The module is only a user manual. You must turn on the extension when loading the campaign (on either your start campaign or create campaign screen).

Thank you - completely forgot to load the extensions...

Idiotic brain-freeze over I hope!

Best, kerrigaj

dulux-oz
February 15th, 2018, 15:53
Well, I just loaded up a brand new 5E Campaign with the DOE; Base and DOE: Weather loaded, and everything works fine.

All I can suggest is try it with a new campaign, and you could also try downloading the DOE: Base and DOE: Weather again (the .ext, not the .mod).

Also, if that doesn't work, could you show us a screen shot of the FG Launcher where you select the DOE: Base and the DOE: Weather (and the campaign, obviously).

See how you go and get back to us, OK?

kerrigaj
February 15th, 2018, 17:02
See how you go and get back to us, OK?

All working fine - I stupidly forgot to load the extensions when I loaded the campaign... :rolleyes:

Best, kerrigaj

dulux-oz
February 16th, 2018, 00:48
All working fine - I stupidly forgot to load the extensions when I loaded the campaign... :rolleyes:

Best, kerrigaj

Yeap, its been know to happen.

Glad you got it sorted.

Cheers

Azaran
February 20th, 2018, 09:59
Hey Dulux-oz, any plans for Starfinder compatibility?

Az.

dulux-oz
February 20th, 2018, 10:49
Hey Dulux-oz, any plans for Starfinder compatibility?

Az.

Yeap, now that I've gotten hold of a copy of StarFinder (thanks SmiteWorks) it's on the cards - ETA Soon(TM)

Azaran
February 20th, 2018, 11:33
Awesome, thanks for the good stuff you bring :)

dulux-oz
March 20th, 2018, 04:02
Hi All,

I'm looking for someone to do up some Starfinder Menubar/Sidebar buttons for all of the DOEs. Once I have some appropriare buttons I'll be able to update the DOEs to work with the Starfinder Ruleset.

So if you can help out then please email me at [email protected] with you submissions or requests for more info (if required).

Thanks

Talen
March 20th, 2018, 04:36
Can’t help, but woo hoo!

dulux-oz
April 24th, 2018, 08:33
Hi Everybody,

I've just placed a new version of the Extension on the first post (v3.2.0).

This version is a compatibility update for FGv3.3.5 and also included a fix for Simple Brown & Gray Themes, plus all the DOEs now support the Starfinder Ruleset (although appropriate graphics are still required - please drop me a line if you can help out with this).

Enjoy! :)

Andraax
May 11th, 2018, 04:32
Any plans to include Traveller ruleset support for your extensions?

dulux-oz
May 11th, 2018, 04:44
Any plans to include Traveller ruleset support for your extensions?

The Traveller Ruleset is (I believe) a Community Ruleset - with Community Rulesets I'm encouraging the Ruleset Dev to base/port their Ruleset on top of the new DORCore Ruleset (which has all the DOE-functionality built in); this way people can get the functionality of the DOEs without me having to support an ever increasing plethora of Rulesets.

Yes, the DORCore is still technically a "beta", but I'm continuing work on it (and on the DOEs, for that matter) so Community Devs can feel confident that their Ruleset will work perfectly fine running on top of the DORCore (which itself runs on top of the CoreRPG).

Andraax
May 11th, 2018, 14:28
No, the new Mongoose Traveller (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=MGP3800TRVMG1E) ruleset.

dulux-oz
May 11th, 2018, 15:45
No, the new Mongoose Traveller (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=MGP3800TRVMG1E) ruleset.

Ah, I wasn't aware it was being released - my policy has been to make the DOEs compatible with all of the "official" Rulesets, provided I can get a copy so I can test the DOEs against the Ruleset properly. So, if I can arrange that (to get a (complimentary) copy) then yes, I'll make the DOEs compatible - I'll also need to arrange for suitable graphics as well, of course, probably best from the original Ruleset author.

Thanks for bringing the new Ruleset to my attention :)

Dr0W
May 18th, 2018, 05:03
Dulux, I'm getting a
"Script Error: [string "DOELocations/Scripts/lsLocationsManager.lua"]:164: attempt to call field 'registerCustomRecordSourceType' (a nil value)"

when running the locations ext on the Savage Worlds ruleset after the update. The Locations button don't show up at all, however if I load a module with locations already added the links still work.

dulux-oz
May 26th, 2018, 09:20
Hi Everybody,

I've just updated the Extension to v3.2.1.

This is primarily a compatibility update to fix a couple of minor bugs, etc.

Please note that with the release of the new DOE:REMU Extension the delivery method for all of the DO-REMs (Dulux-Oz Rulesets, Extensions & Modules) has changed. Please see Post #1 of this thread for full details.

Enjoy! :)

arcanjl
May 29th, 2018, 18:20
Sorry wrong forum! ouch

velshandru
June 7th, 2018, 23:14
Thanks for bringing the [Mongoose Traveller 1E] Ruleset to my attention :)

Spotted MadBeardMan's acknowledgement of your request, just wanted to add my plea to getting DOE to work with Mongoose 1E — I'm somewhat dependent on several of your DOE extensions, esp. OLE. For those who aren't aware of this little gem, it opens URLs from an embedded link, including opening another app. I use it to jump to the TravellerMap online and to open TradePost (for calculating/tracking cargoes & passengers) locally.

Segin
July 29th, 2018, 22:45
I read all the pages of this post. I've yet to use these, but it seems your very devoted and have (and continue) to put in a lot of hard work. Thanks in advance.

For any newbies like myself, and assuming I have understood what I've read, the base extension to let all the other extensions work is called the BASE extension and can be found by clinking on the link "DO-REMs And Documentation". From there, a list of extensions including the BASE can be found. (Took me some time to actually find the base extension because I'm dumb and didn't read "Downloading the Extension" in BOLD lettering. Just scanned for a "Base" link instead. duh me.).

Looking forward to experiencing the expanded FG look/functionality.

Erin Righ
July 30th, 2018, 00:39
because I'm dumb and didn't read "Downloading the Extension" in BOLD lettering.

Well I see your signature is appropriate ;)

Segin
July 30th, 2018, 03:42
Well I see your signature is appropriate ;)

Yes. I just want to say, Dulux is amazing. Playing around with the (Syrinscape) sound extension he wrote for FG and the capabilities of it. So sweet.

XrossMcKnight24
August 12th, 2018, 01:34
I can't download it

damned
August 12th, 2018, 01:58
I can't download it

If you are not seeing the download links change your theme to FGResponsive.

celestian
August 13th, 2018, 20:45
Dulux, not sure how best to request but could you add AD&D Core to the rulesets that your DOEBase and Sound will work with?

I've been using it for a while and a couple folks asked me how to make it work. Here is the entry I used.

Edited by Moderator

Thanks for a great extension!

dulux-oz
August 14th, 2018, 04:21
Dulux, not sure how best to request but could you add AD&D Core to the rulesets that your DOEBase and Sound will work with?

I've been using it for a while and a couple folks asked me how to make it work. Here is the entry I used.

Thanks for a great extension!

While I appreciate people's love of the DOEs, the answer is No, as per the DOE Depreciation Notice on Post #1 of the DORCore Thread (here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42221-DORCore-An-Advanced-Beta-Release-Of-A-New-Ruleset&p=374498&viewfull=1#post374498)).

Short answer - I don't have the time to support the DOES on *all* the Community Rulesets, so I've made it possible for Community Rulesets to support themselves (provided the Community Ruleset Dev does a little bit of work).

Cheers

celestian
August 14th, 2018, 14:20
Got ya. I'll just explain how to hack it.

Cheers.

dulux-oz
August 14th, 2018, 14:29
Got ya. I'll just explain how to hack it.

Cheers.

Yeah, but it also means that I won't support it - and it sort of violates the spirit of the License Agreement, if not the actual letter of the License Agreement :(

celestian
August 14th, 2018, 14:50
Yeah, but it also means that I won't support it - and it sort of violates the spirit of the License Agreement, if not the actual letter of the License Agreement :(

I'll recommend to not use it then to avoid this issue.

dulux-oz
August 14th, 2018, 15:15
I'll recommend to not use it then to avoid this issue.

Or help me convince the Community Ruleset Devs to use the DORCore -that's the reason I wrote the thing in the first place :)

JLBatman
August 15th, 2018, 18:53
Anyone else not getting the sound option in the latest version of FG in a 5e campaign, even though they've got the DOEBase.ext and DOESound.ext in the extensions folder?

Gwydion
August 15th, 2018, 18:57
Welcome to the forum! Couple things and I apologize if these are obvious. First, have you activated both the base and sound extension when you launch the campaign by clicking to activate them before you launch the campaign? Second, have you made sure you have the most recent versions of both extensions? I just checked and mine are working just fine.

JLBatman
August 15th, 2018, 19:06
They are literally not options when I launch it.. I will take a screenshot and show you what I mean, in case I'm missing something really obvious.

Gwydion
August 15th, 2018, 19:14
Looking at the two files (DOE: Base and DOE: Sound), I'm wondering if you have the correct ones. Yours are 43kb and my base file is 180kb and my sound file is 344kb. So, perhaps make sure you downloaded the correct files first?

Gwydion
August 15th, 2018, 19:16
Make sure you click on the "download" link and don't try to copy and paste from the repo.

JLBatman
August 15th, 2018, 19:19
I used a right-click download from the Repo.. Can you point me to the exact place you suggest I use, if not that? I hunted around for quite a while to realize the two places listed showed data in a different format, which made finding the mod itself originally quite cumbersome. The files I downloaded were last modified 3 months ago, according to the timestamp.

It would be awesome to find out it's something errant on that folder list, cause then I might be able to make this thing work for our game on friday.

Gwydion
August 15th, 2018, 19:21
Navigate to the file and click on the download link itself (circled in red). Don't right-click and download. Same for the sound extension.

JLBatman
August 15th, 2018, 19:45
You are officially a hero.
There's no way at ALL i would have ever thought to go back and force it to download another way. The other extension I actually regularly use I downloaded with a right click, though not from that specific hub, so clearly that's the difference..
But ya, I would have never done it again, since it gave it the right extension and everything.

Now the only thing left for me to figure out is how to make the sound mixer work so that people who join my steam channel don't hear themselves when they talk, and then I'm ready to rock.

Gwydion
August 15th, 2018, 20:06
I do a lot of sound stuff so depending on what sound mixer you are using, if you need help, hit me up on discord. Good luck!

LordEntrails
August 15th, 2018, 20:07
Now the only thing left for me to figure out is how to make the sound mixer work so that people who join my steam channel don't hear themselves when they talk, and then I'm ready to rock.
Gwydion's one of the ones to talk to you about this. But check his posts for various solutions. In short, Voice Meter Banana with the optional Virtual Audio Cables.

JLBatman
August 15th, 2018, 20:12
I do a lot of sound stuff so depending on what sound mixer you are using, if you need help, hit me up on discord. Good luck!

I would love some advice on the audio part, because though I am using voicemeeter banana, and have the A&B cables software with it, I can get SUPER close to what I want, but people in the channel also hear themselves a couple seconds after they speak, and I'm struggling to find where I can fix that. What is your discord info? or would you prefer one of mine?

Gwydion
August 15th, 2018, 20:15
Leaving the office now and heading home. Fighting some kind of virus and feeling like crap. As soon as I get home I will post my discord info. Might not be able to jump in Voice today but can at least message. Give me an hr or so to get home. Thx.

Gwydion
August 15th, 2018, 21:27
Ok. Here is an invite to my discord channel. Feel free to pm me. I'll want you to post screenshots (in discord) of your VMB settings, your discord settings (if you are using discord for VOIP) and your windows default sound settings. Its probably a simple setting that we can fix. Here you go:

https://discord.gg/6J9kDB

JLBatman
August 15th, 2018, 23:16
Gwydion got me all sorted out, thankfully!

For those who are interested, and for which this would be helpful, there are a few important things he solved for me.
First - You will want (until it gets fixed) an older version of syrinscape. I'm now using the one from 2016 and it works flawlessly with FG. Use this if you are dealing with sounds work from syrinscape, but none of the hooks work.

Now, as to the setup...
I'm using steam chat. I'm not trying to stream my games visually, but I want my audio heard for the players in my chat channel. The rest of my DnD group is connecting with Demo versions of FG, as I use an ultimate license.

So I have my steam chat set up like this:
I should also point out, as this is critical, I am using open mic. Not push to talk.
This is good for using a single account on either this or discord in order to funnel your sound and your own talking into the channel through. If you want to avoid having sounds messed up because you want to use push-to-talk, then you will want to follow Rob's video on youtube about getting two setup. It didn't work for me, though, and I didn't fight it much.

Next, in the mixer I have this:

This finally got rid of echos people would hear when talking into the channel. And based on my conversation with G, there is at least one other way I could have done this (that perhaps would have made more sense), but he made the way I had my steam chat setup actually work. So this might not be the best way, but it is the way that works with the way I have my audio setup in steam.

Thanks SO MUCH!!
Hope this helps someone else somewhere.

dulux-oz
August 16th, 2018, 05:16
Thanks Gwy :)

twseifert
November 25th, 2018, 22:48
I jsut tried extracting the DOREMUHelpers files and I got the below error message. I am running Windows 7, 64bit

dantedoom
December 4th, 2018, 03:56
Dulux, could this extension work with Pathfinder 2ed ruleset?

dulux-oz
December 4th, 2018, 03:57
Dulux, could this extension work with Pathfinder 2ed ruleset?

Working on it - I'd like to have it done for the FG v3.3.7 release, but we'll have to see how it gors :)

Ghost_dk
December 18th, 2018, 19:49
Hi. I tried to get sound to work but after adding the base and sound ext files and selecting them on load of campaign all selection box dropdown menues dissapeared from the various windows. link feats items parcels etc. They are just blank when openened

LordEntrails
December 18th, 2018, 20:18
Hi. I tried to get sound to work but after adding the base and sound ext files and selecting them on load of campaign all selection box dropdown menues dissapeared from the various windows. link feats items parcels etc. They are just blank when openened
Have you updated FG to 3.3.7 with the new update today?

Your issues might be because the DOEs have not yet been updated for 3.3.7, or it might be due to an issue with 3.3.7 (see House of Healing)

Ghost_dk
December 18th, 2018, 20:35
Have you updated FG to 3.3.7 with the new update today?

Your issues might be because the DOEs have not yet been updated for 3.3.7, or it might be due to an issue with 3.3.7 (see House of Healing)

yes i updated so that might be it.

DwightLee
December 18th, 2018, 22:46
Same here, and game tonight... I cant expect him to pull a rabbit out of his hat that fast... so back to the old way for one session, I can do that :)

Gwydion
December 18th, 2018, 23:52
Try opening from library modules and not from the sound button on the right hand rail.

anthonymorris
December 22nd, 2018, 21:37
Hello, i'm not sure if the DOE Base Extension has been updated yet, i know the others like the DOE Locations shows compatibility. After loading FG after the update, my Locations and Organizations menus are now blank.

Moderator: moved to this thread since it is the best place for it.

Copernicus219
December 22nd, 2018, 22:23
Is the only way to get sounds is to use this extension? I am trying to decide between this and Roll20 and having to rely on extensions for a component like sound to work might be an issue for me. I did try to use this extension with the sound one and the sound button is blank.

dulux-oz
December 23rd, 2018, 01:42
Hello, i'm not sure if the DOE Base Extension has been updated yet, i know the others like the DOE Locations shows compatibility. After loading FG after the update, my Locations and Organizations menus are now blank.

Moderator: moved to this thread since it is the best place for it.

The DOE:Base does not need to be updated. The issues you report have already been fixed and a notice to that effect has been placed in the relevant DOE Threads, along with the updated (relevant) DOEs (on the first post of each Thread).

For the Record - the relevant DOE Threads should be people's first "point of call" - they're the ones I monitor.

Enjoy, and note that I'm working on updates to allow the DOEs to be used with the new set of "Offical(?)" Rulesets included with FGV3.3.7.

Cheers

dulux-oz
December 23rd, 2018, 01:53
Is the only way to get sounds is to use this extension? I am trying to decide between this and Roll20 and having to rely on extensions for a component like sound to work might be an issue for me. I did try to use this extension with the sound one and the sound button is blank.

Hi Copernicus, and Welsome! to the Community,

This Extension is does not allow the use of Sound in FG (we use the DOE:Sound for that). This Extension contains a whole bunch of "behind the scenes" stuff that allows the other DOEs (that's Dulux-Oz Extensions) to work.

The DOE:Sound does allow for both the manual and automated control of Sounds from within Fantasy Grounds by linking to and extenal Sound-Player. I use both Syrinscape and VLC Media Player as my 3rd Party Extenal Sound-Players, some other people use other URL/URi-controllable Sound-Players.

The issue you encountered (the blank button) is caused by using a older version of the DOE:Sound Extension (at least, that's what your issue sounds like). Grab the new version (v4.2.2) from the DOE:Sound Thread and you should be good to go. And of course, if you have any further questions , etc, don't hesitate to ask.

As a general "plug", I honestly think you'll find Fantasy Grounds a much better product AND community than Roll20 - more features, nicver people, more responsive company, etc. I was unaware that Roll20 had in-built sound (last time I looked they didn't, and didn't even have an Extension (Plug-In) to do it, either), but the DOE's in general and the DOE:Sound in particular are the most piopular Extnsions in use (according to Doug from SmiteWorks) and so there are plenty of peopl around who use them and enjoy them without any hassle at all, and so there's also plenty of support, and support for FG in general as well.

Anyway, I hope this helps, and if you have anything else you'dlike to know just ask.

Cheers

LordEntrails
December 23rd, 2018, 03:48
Be aware, I've run very little on Roll 20, but I could never get sound to work and I had several players who were regular long-term Roll20 GMs and they both told me not to bother trying to use sound natively through Roll 20. They both use Discord.

anthonymorris
December 23rd, 2018, 04:28
Okay, it's still blank for me, and i kept checking the FG-Community-Devs/FG-REM-Repo page, is that the right place to look? It says updated 7 months ago

Bidmaron
December 23rd, 2018, 04:48
No, check the thread for the extension. He's not using the Repo page anymore.

anthonymorris
December 23rd, 2018, 04:54
Sorry, i must be lost. I'm on the DOE Base Extension page and the only links on there beside the dependices links is the DO-REMs And Documentation
FG-Community-Devs/FG-REM-Repo links.

dulux-oz
December 23rd, 2018, 08:19
Sorry, i must be lost. I'm on the DOE Base Extension page and the only links on there beside the dependices links is the DO-REMs And Documentation
FG-Community-Devs/FG-REM-Repo links.

Hi Anthony,

On the very first post of this thread, about 40% down from the top, is a heading that says: "Other Extensions By Dulux-Oz". Underneath that heading is a list of all of the other DOE's with hyperlinks to the other Threads.

There is no update (yet) for the DOE:Base Extension because it doesn't need one. However, the DOE:Locations, DOE:Organisations and DOE:Sound all have new versions especially for FGv3.3.7 which solves the "blank" issue. Download each of these Extensions (if you want too) from the first post of each of these relevant Threads.

Also, make a note of the post in each of these threads about the ongoing use of the FG-REM & the FG-REM-Repo.

If you have any issues please bring them up and we'll get you sorted, OK?

Cheers

anthonymorris
December 23rd, 2018, 08:55
Thank you, i appreciate the help you have given me. I wanted to make sure i was on the right page, i'm on the FG-REM & the FG-REM-Repo page with the latest commit May 26.

I think i found it, dumb me never scrolled to the bottom of the screen...

It works, thank you sooo much!

Copernicus219
December 25th, 2018, 14:04
Hi Copernicus, and Welsome! to the Community,

This Extension is does not allow the use of Sound in FG (we use the DOE:Sound for that). This Extension contains a whole bunch of "behind the scenes" stuff that allows the other DOEs (that's Dulux-Oz Extensions) to work.

The DOE:Sound does allow for both the manual and automated control of Sounds from within Fantasy Grounds by linking to and extenal Sound-Player. I use both Syrinscape and VLC Media Player as my 3rd Party Extenal Sound-Players, some other people use other URL/URi-controllable Sound-Players.

The issue you encountered (the blank button) is caused by using a older version of the DOE:Sound Extension (at least, that's what your issue sounds like). Grab the new version (v4.2.2) from the DOE:Sound Thread and you should be good to go. And of course, if you have any further questions , etc, don't hesitate to ask.

As a general "plug", I honestly think you'll find Fantasy Grounds a much better product AND community than Roll20 - more features, nicver people, more responsive company, etc. I was unaware that Roll20 had in-built sound (last time I looked they didn't, and didn't even have an Extension (Plug-In) to do it, either), but the DOE's in general and the DOE:Sound in particular are the most piopular Extnsions in use (according to Doug from SmiteWorks) and so there are plenty of peopl around who use them and enjoy them without any hassle at all, and so there's also plenty of support, and support for FG in general as well.

Anyway, I hope this helps, and if you have anything else you'dlike to know just ask.

Cheers

Thanks so much. That was the problem. I had went to the repository page and downloaded an older vs. I found the newer vs. and its no longer blank. If I can get sounds to work I will definitely be using Fantasy Grounds. The layout alone looks like it will fit my needs better (as soon as I figure out how to use it, haha). At this point the only thing I think would make fantasy grounds stand out even more is if there was an easy way to get a group together. Although, I do have my own local group, I think it would be fun to play with people i don't know as well at some point.

dulux-oz
December 25th, 2018, 15:27
... (as soon as I figure out how to use it, haha).

Check out my Tutorial Vids on my YouTube Channel (the link's in my sig, below. Or if not mine, damn's are good, and so are Xorn's - any of those will help you to get started. And there's also FG College if you prefer a more "live" learning experience.

Cheers

LordEntrails
December 25th, 2018, 17:40
At this point the only thing I think would make fantasy grounds stand out even more is if there was an easy way to get a group together. Although, I do have my own local group, I think it would be fun to play with people i don't know as well at some point.
I assume you are familiar with the game calendar and the LFG forum? They work pretty well. Their are a few discord channels, especially the official FG one and the FG College one that have channels for pickup games. But in general you will find most games are planned in advance. And, if you are GMing, I don't think you will have a problem finding people to play with. Their is always a demand for GMs :)

Also, pay attention for announcements on FG Daze and FG Con, both are community run conventions that run every few months. Lots of chances to get in on new games, and to run things yourself. And, from my experience, they help build your network of gamers :)

Gregton
January 2nd, 2019, 22:00
Hey guys, I think the last FG update broke compatibility for your extensions.

Been using Locations and organization before a holiday hiatus. When I came back I updated FG and found out that I couldn't access my locations and organizations, it just displays a blank window.

Is there anything I can do to get my things back or is there a compatibility patch in the works?

Bidmaron
January 2nd, 2019, 22:10
Welcome to the forums. Go to the first post in the extensions and it will have the new versions.

damned
January 2nd, 2019, 22:15
Hey guys, I think the last FG update broke compatibility for your extensions.

Been using Locations and organization before a holiday hiatus. When I came back I updated FG and found out that I couldn't access my locations and organizations, it just displays a blank window.

Is there anything I can do to get my things back or is there a compatibility patch in the works?

Welcome Gregton
Did you update your extensions?

Gregton
January 3rd, 2019, 14:08
Didn't notice the update was up, thanks for pointing this out to me, will do post haste.
(Also I've been lurking the forums for a few years now but thanks for the welcome.)

Cheers !