PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Fighting Style

baltmanc
December 7th, 2015, 02:19
Hi sorry, brand new to this and love it! Playing a ranger who just hit level 2 and it tells me i need to pick a fighting style, but doesn't let me choose one through the program like other abilities and classes do. Is this by design or is something wrong with mine?

jshauber
December 7th, 2015, 03:00
It adds the entry to your abilities tab.

Since the bonuses are fixed it doesn't ask you to choose. Just note what style you have chosen and then make the required modifications to your weapons/AC/effects.

So if you choose Ranged Style just add a +2 bonus to the "to Hit" number for each ranged weapon. For Defensive, just add +1 to your AC, etc.

Oh and welcome to the FG community!!! Feel free to ask questions and get in a few games to really get a feel for everything it has to offer.

baltmanc
December 7th, 2015, 03:11
:) THanks alot!

Zacchaeus
December 7th, 2015, 11:54
For Archery you can create an effect ATK: 2, ranged and have it permanently on the character. This means you won't forget when you change out your bow or if you have several ranged weapons and can't be bothered to add the +2 into each one :)

Similarly you can use DMG: 2, melee for Dueling.

For Defense, do what jshauber says and just add a +1 bonus to your AC. You can also set up a permanent effect AC: 1. The latter can be removed if you take off your armour for some reason.

Two Weapon fighting is too specific to create an effect for