PDA

View Full Version : LFG: PF Adventure Path

Nickademus
December 6th, 2015, 19:53
There are several adventure paths that I've wanted to play and haven't gotten a chance to, particularly the older ones. I'd like to find a group that is forming or near the beginning of an AP that needs a player. I'm an experienced player and can do any level of role-playing needed, any level of combat needed, any level of detail needed (I have a good grasp of Golarion from reading many PF Tales novels). I'm also knowledgeable about FG and can help new GMs and players learn more about using it.

I prefer voice (except Skype which buggers my computer for some reason) but can do text only. I'm free evenings EST (EDT during DST) Thursday through Sunday. If you have a spot you'd like filled or are starting a new PF game, send me a message with character creation information and I'll hit you up.

Buwaro Elexion
December 6th, 2015, 20:15
Ohh Ohh me too me too!

I've done next to nothing but play in the sandbox of Fantasy Grounds, but I do know a bit about pathfinder and 3.5, And I follow the same general time constraints Nickademus has, hence my posting here. Noon-on on a Sunday, and most evenings on Monday, Wensday, and probably Friday are good for me. Please note I am attending university-level classes and may miss a session every once in a great while if a large project ambushes me in a dark alley on the way home...

I prefer the in-program chat system, but I do have teamspeak already installed, and can reinstall Vent if the need arises. Skype I'd prefer to avoid for simplicity's sake.

Kiqjaq
December 7th, 2015, 01:28
It's not exactly the start of an AP, but I'm running a Legacy of Fire game that's at the start of a major arc, roughly halfway through the AP overall. Party is level 8 by now.
I tend to be quite rules light and action focused. I'll let some rules slide if they seem unfun and try to prioritize "rule of cool" and RP over RAW, maybe fudge a DC here or there, or make up spells for enemies on the fly. If it ever feels unfair then I'm hugely sympathetic and will fix it, but overall try to avoid getting too bogged down by rules and just try to keep things moving.

This is the first thing I've GM'd, and my P&P experience in general only covers a little over a year. Just fair warning. ^^

We use a chat program (Skype atm but we have no particular fondness for it over other programs) and can all reschedule the game to pretty much whenever so long as it's the weekend. Weekly game, current players are a UC Rogue and a ranged Magus.
I set this thread up when I was recruiting at the start of the AP. In case that helps at all, though the scheduling info isn't really applicable any more. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25242-Legacy-of-Fire!-Pathfinder-AP-looking-for-another-player!)
And one of my players insists I mention that you have to be okay with stupid voices... mhmm.

AznVille
December 7th, 2015, 05:29
If either of your are interested I'm the ranged magus that's in the group. Our GM's description of himself is pretty spot on from my experience and I've really enjoyed my time thus far. Our group can be silly at times especially our goblin rogue who was posing the warning of silly voices. Overall we're pretty chill and enjoy equal parts of rping and hacking and slashing.

I did want to provide a heads up that both myself and the rogue do enjoy min-maxing to an extent as a bit of a hobby but wouldn't want it to spoil the experience for anyone player. If something is too douche-y then we'll usually drop the overly cheesy combo or simply address it if it comes up. I know our GM has mentioned a number of times that "as long as everyone is having fun go for it" so long as it didn't completely break the game and was within the rules (or close enough).

Either way, if you guys had interest in joining us this late in the AP we'd love to have you.

Nickademus
December 7th, 2015, 05:32
I can facilitate any level of min-maxing and could bring one of several characters that could keep up (depending on what you guys/gals need). I messaged Kiqjaq about it.

AznVille
December 7th, 2015, 23:52
Well I know one thing that's been stressed in this group has been "play what you want!" so if you want to try to balance our group feel free to but by no means feel the need to. I'm sure our GM has already stated that himself.

Nickademus
December 8th, 2015, 01:01
He has. But you need a front-liner.... so I made an archer.

AznVille
December 10th, 2015, 05:43
Lol, so I've heard. Ah well, our rogue has a bag of tricks to get a flanking bear if he really needs it.

Buwaro Elexion
December 10th, 2015, 19:53
Flanking bears... wow that's a new one. If you'll take two more i'd still hop in if the time is okay. When do you run sessions?

Kiqjaq
December 11th, 2015, 01:45
It's actually a superposition of a bear/tiger/lion/horse/rhinoceros. All 5 of them are flanking at once until you observe it, at which point the wavefunction collapses (unless you're into multiverse theory... pffft).

But sorry we're kinda full methinks. I tend to run a small ship, I find games more fun with a smaller squad.
I'll repost if Nick is too repulsed by us to want to play. ^^

Buwaro Elexion
December 11th, 2015, 22:36
'k lemme know if you do open up a slot then, I've got a few funny ideas in mind. One involves a goblin, two oversized swords, and a lot of bouncing :p