PDA

View Full Version : Connection Issues (ports opened, firewals down, still won't connect)

Palidram
December 6th, 2015, 18:06
Hello, I've been using fantasy Grounds for a few months now and haven't had a problem before, but I have recently been unable to connect using any ip on my router at all. The port is opened and I change it each time I try a different ip. The firewall is also allowing Fantasy Grounds through.

That's my current rule on the firewall settings for my router. (the ip is the one I am currently using)

Moon Wizard
December 6th, 2015, 20:29
Just in case, I'm going to start at the beginning. Forgive me if you already know some of this.

Are you running FG as a GM or as a player? You only need to set up port forwarding as a GM.

If you are running as a player, the most likely culprit is Windows Firewall (or any other third party security software) blocking network access for Fantasy Grounds, or the GM server is not accessible on the GM side.

If you are running as a GM, the most likely situation when it just stops working is that the internal IP address of your computer has changed. Fire up FG, click on the Load Campaign screen, and look at the Internal IP address. Is this address also 192.168.0.8? If so, then again, security software is usually the culprit. Anything other than that will require more sleuthing.

Let us know what you find so far.

Regards,
JPG

Palidram
December 8th, 2015, 14:27
Thank you for the quick replay, and sorry my reply was so late.

I am running as a GM. I don't know what was wrong, but it appears to have fixed itself after I rebooted my router and switched some changed the start/end ip addresses. I apologise for wasting your time. My best assumption is that my router was simply not complying for some reason.

Moon Wizard
December 8th, 2015, 18:23
No worries.

Happy gaming,
JPG