PDA

View Full Version : LF newbs: Porthcrawl Arena (5E)

Mixylplyx
December 6th, 2015, 14:32
tl;dr If you're a FG/5E newb player or DM, come check out the Porthcrawl Arena channel on TS (see below). We'll roll characters and fight some monsters in meaningless, gory combat. You'll need free FG and TeamSpeak.

It's a quiet day in Porthcrawl, a small but important seaport that's been your home for years now. You notice Gashna (the local half-orc druid) walking into the town center in mute silence. You notice tears in her clothing, some steam (or is it smoke?) rising from her body, and...is that a bloody footprint she left? She nails a tattered flyer onto the job board, limping off towards the nearby forest afterwards. Gashna gives you a quick a quick, indifferent, but pained, glance. With a slight smirk on her face, she disappears into the trees, presumably towards her grove.

You investigate the new posting. It reads:

Porthcrawl Arena Grand Opening!

The new arena outside of Porthcrawl is looking for new combatants, in search of fame and glory! Come fight mythical beasts for the crowds amusement and your profit, or sign up for duels for even more glory and profit!

If you wish to willingly partake, the rates are up to 100 gp for rookies, 500 gp for journeymen, and 1000 gp for master level combatants. The arena will attempt to match the participant evenly against their perceived abilities, depending on availability of opponents. A 50% decrease in pay is available if the participant desires an easier opponent, and increased 50% if a harder opponent is requested.

Two participants, either individuals or groups, can square off against each other. If so, rates are increased by 25% per participant.

Betting is allowed, except by the participants. If it is determined that a participant has somehow profited off the fight outside of the rates listed above, or assisted in others in profiting off of the fight, retribution and banishment from the arena is swift. And we WILL find out.

All questions or those seeking to enter the arena are directed to the main office to the side of the front entrance.

-Devan Chalice

-ooc I've wanted some way to "practice" with FG and 5E, and I bet others want to as well. So, I've created a semi-permanent TeamSpeak sub-channel called Porthcrawl Arena, under the D&D5E game channel on the FG TeamSpeak server (ts.fg-con.com, Dungeoneers). If anyone new to FG or 5E wants to create characters, fight some monsters, or practice DMing a session, feel free to use the channel to gain experience (with the tools and concepts, not for your players). None of this is meant to be ongoing or mean anything outside of the session. Treat it like a demo of FG and 5E.

I've got ultimate FG plus PHB, but I'm still somewhat new to FG, 5E, and GM. If I'm on, feel free to hop in and I'll help get you set up and run you through some combat. You'll get exposure to FG and 5E, and help me work out kinks as a DM. I'll export your characters if you want to have them saved.

I've been having a hard time finding game time due to erratic schedule, and being EST cuts off a lot of games that run very late for me. My goal is to get comfortable enough with FG and 5E to start a regular group (probably Friday or Saturday nights, EST).

Hope to see you there.