PDA

View Full Version : Tables inside a formatedtext window

Samarex
December 6th, 2015, 06:50
Hello All,
I am putting a table inside a formatted text window. No problems getting it in but I dont want the table to span across the whole window. Its a small table only 4 Col's and the max letters in a Col is 5

What I Want

Score
Cost
Score
Cost

But all I can get is

Score
Cost
Score
Cost

Because the table is attached to the window size. I have looked at other reference modules both user made and FG made but all seem to have the tables stretch across the window.

Is it possible? if so how?

Thanks
Samarex

Moon Wizard
December 6th, 2015, 19:47
There's no way to specify table or column size in the formatted text data supported by Fantasy Grounds. It's very rudimentary to keep things simple, but that limits what can be done.

Regards,
JPG

Samarex
December 6th, 2015, 23:17
Ok thanks Moon for the quick answer.
I will just stick with my work around.
Added a extra col and went colspan="5"" on the last one that crunched up the first 4 and the last on is empty.
It works

Samarex
December 6th, 2015, 23:42
Moon, on a different subject
First sorry for all the questions but playing around with all this, things are coming back on the programming stuff.
So I am playing with something to see if there is a way to get it to do it.
I made t tables in the game with the dice roll stuff. but the two tables are both part of a Character Generation sequence for my system. Is there any way to get these two tables together.
Thanks
Samarex
Collage Table

OTC Table

Together (Edited in Paint to give a visual of what Im looking at doing.)

Samarex
December 7th, 2015, 00:00
I think what I need to do is make a college.xml (just like charactersheet xml's) and make the separate tables controls and add them in.
would that work?

Moon Wizard
December 7th, 2015, 01:57
If you drag a link from the top left of one table record into a table result cell for another table; then a roll on the first table would be triggered by that result on the second table.

You can export campaign tables to a module to see what the final XML looks like, in case you are trying to make a stand alone module.

Regards,
JPG

Samarex
December 7th, 2015, 11:11
If you drag a link from the top left of one table record into a table result cell for another table; then a roll on the first table would be triggered by that result on the second table.

You can export campaign tables to a module to see what the final XML looks like, in case you are trying to make a stand alone module.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks Moon that might work will have to look into some things but might be able to set that up. And yes I have already looked at the code from the table. And am working on a mod.

Thanks again
Samarex