PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spells in the CT

JohnD
December 6th, 2015, 04:16
Was DMing tonight had a Mage adversary - standard from the MM. Targeted PCs with a Ice Storm, couldn't get the auto saves to roll, just got a 0 result. Same with Suggestion on a PC, could not get the Wisdom save to automate.

Am I missing something?

Zacchaeus
December 6th, 2015, 11:28
This is working for me. The only thing I can think of is that either the PCs or the NPC were not placed on the Combat Tracker properly. Can you reproduce what steps you took which led up to the attacks and saving throws not working?

JohnD
December 6th, 2015, 19:48
Hmm well one was a friendly so he came from the NPC box. The others came from the MM directly to the CT.

Moon Wizard
December 6th, 2015, 19:50
It should work, as long as the entry correctly parsed to the CT.

Was it straight from MM, from module, or customized in the campaign NPC list?

Regards,
JPG

JohnD
December 6th, 2015, 20:51
So the friendly was customized from before spell functionality was added to 5E. I deleted the old version and re-populated in the CT to get the spells to show up. The adversaries were straight from the MM with no customization, I didn't even change the letter tokens.

JohnD
December 8th, 2015, 03:14
Nothing?

Moon Wizard
December 8th, 2015, 04:07
From your previous message, it looked like it was resolved when you re-added the NPC to the CT. Is that not the case?

If still an issue for you, can you try opening the module window from the Library, right clicking on the MM, and selecting the Revert Changes option (if available).

It appears to be working for me.

JPG

Zacchaeus
December 8th, 2015, 11:50
One other thing; did the PC/NPC have a proper target?

JohnD
December 8th, 2015, 13:25
Yeah that's the way the NPC looked in the CT, but attempts to get the saves to roll just respond with 0s. Will try these suggestions and report back.

Moon Wizard
December 8th, 2015, 18:22
Also, try in the a new campaign. If still an issue, send me a copy of new campaign; otherwise, send me a copy of original campaign. You can send to [email protected]; just zip up the campaign folder and throw up on DropBox to send a link.

Thanks,
JPG