PDA

View Full Version : Cantrips

Danimal66
December 5th, 2015, 04:21
Am I going nuts? In th actions tab didn't it list how many cantrips a spell casting class received? Also why is their a pact magic spell slot list for every spell class now?

TMO
December 5th, 2015, 06:00
I honestly don't recall if the number of cantrips known was ever displayed, but the listing of Spellcasting slots and Pact Magic slots is present in the template prior to adding a class to the character sheet. I assume it is there to accommodate the appropriate classes when they are added. The Spell Slot group won't appear in combat mode if you don't enter a value in any of the slots.

JohnD
December 5th, 2015, 06:32
I think you can cast a cantrip every round if you want... 360 an hour if you need to.

Targas
December 5th, 2015, 07:29
Absolutely, # of cantrip spells differ by class, which can be found in the class description and usage is as often as you want.
One of my Players is a sorcerer using firebolt, which seems to be more effective than any fighters sword including 120 feet range..
I wish the # of uses were limited, as it sounds abit overpowered to me.

TMO
December 5th, 2015, 08:06
I think you can cast a cantrip every round if you want... 360 an hour if you need to.

I think the first half of the question was geared toward the number of cantrips known versus the number of slots (which, as you noted, is not applicable).