PDA

View Full Version : Prone not working ?

Targas
December 4th, 2015, 14:38
I'm currently trying to use NPC traps. Whereas the following Action description is interpreted correctly by the combat tracker, the text with the Prone effect afterwards, isn't. A bug or a feature ?

Not really a trap, but difficult terrain by exceeding 180lb weight, an avalanche is triggered. The target must make a DC 12 Dexterity saving throw, taking 5 (2d6) bludgeoning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. Effect is Restrained.

The above works, the line below doesn't. :(

Not really a trap, but difficult terrain by exceeding 180lb weight, an avalanche is triggered. The target must make a DC 12 Dexterity saving throw, taking 5 (2d6) bludgeoning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. Effect is Prone.

Any ideas ?

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2015, 14:47
Change it to ' is knocked prone.' Sometimes you have to play about with the wording. Check out the Monster Manual wordings; FG generally follows those pretty accurately.

You could also add 'and is knocked prone' or 'and is restrained' after the 'failed saving throw' and it will work there too.

jshauber
December 4th, 2015, 15:37
Also, conditions like prone, restrained, etc, are all lower case. Syntax matters...

Targas
December 4th, 2015, 15:43
Change it to ' is knocked prone.' Sometimes you have to play about with the wording. Check out the Monster Manual wordings; FG generally follows those pretty accurately.

Works like a charm, even uppercase. Many thanks!

ffujita
December 4th, 2015, 23:32
Should FG "knock prone" an individual who drops to 0 hp? Frequently we have people hitting 0 hp and then getting a small heal, but when they do, the GM has to mark them prone.

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2015, 01:40
That's a 2 edged sword. There could have been an error in damage application, or an ability that lets you act for some amount of time after the normal unconscious threshold. I generally refrain from automatic application of effects due to the exception nature of D&D.

JPG

ffujita
December 5th, 2015, 01:55
I can understand that -- things like Relentless Endurance, etc.