PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds wont launch

KhybersGhost
December 4th, 2015, 00:16
I suddenly can't launch Fantasy Grounds any longer. I also purchased a module today and can't launch the exe from that download. Everything else on my computer seems to be running normally and I'm not getting anything on malware / virus scans. FG also hasn't been quarantined by my anti-virus or anything. Won't run in administrator mode either. Also I don't run it through steam.

ddavison
December 4th, 2015, 00:33
Can you run other exe programs? A download for an older installer and for Fantasy Grounds would be two separate programs, and the chances that they would both be affected makes it sound like a broader system issue. If you check the properties for Fantasy Grounds in windows, double check that the EXE isn't marked as blocked. If you don't see an "Unblock" on the properties for the EXE, then this isn't your issue. I'm just suggesting it because I've seen items downloaded from the web treated that way on my own system.

KhybersGhost
December 4th, 2015, 00:39
I'll take another look at the exe. I don't have any trouble launching any other programs at all.

KhybersGhost
December 4th, 2015, 00:45
Ok, no option to "Unblock" the exe for it and I can launch any other exe on my computer without issue. It just goes to the little blue thinking / processing circle and gets stuck there. I am at a loss why this has suddenly occurred. It was literally running earlier in the day. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. I've tried changing to the verious update settings (live/test/dev). The updater engine works, but it won't launch the main program. :(

ddavison
December 4th, 2015, 01:24
Reboot?

KhybersGhost
December 4th, 2015, 01:24
Yes of course. Many reboots.

ddavison
December 4th, 2015, 01:46
Windows or Mac? Which version?

Okay, so you've been able to reinstall it, so launching the fgwebinstall.exe works fine and FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe runs fine, but it is just FantasyGrounds.exe and whatever the other download file you recently grabbed? Which one is that? Does it show up in your task manager and if so, does it say Not Responding? How long has it sat so far?

JohnD
December 4th, 2015, 01:47
Boot to the head?

KhybersGhost
December 4th, 2015, 01:59
Yes.... boot to the head.....

Anyways. I'm running windows 8.1. I recently picked up the Bleeding Hollow module which didn't install correctly. And thank you for the responses @ddavison

damned
December 4th, 2015, 07:38
try deleteing CoreRPG.pak and running the update again.

KhybersGhost
December 4th, 2015, 08:42
I ended up reinstalling windows. A bit overkill, but it works now.

JohnD
December 4th, 2015, 16:35
Wow. I have something similar that happens when I try to launch Adobe Acrobat, but eventually it starts.