PDA

View Full Version : Help adding spell levels

Quikstryke
December 3rd, 2015, 20:42
Currently im playing a 5e cleric.. How do i add additional spell levels to say a cure wounds spell. Id like the little heal icons to have several so i can just click 1 for level 1 another for level 2 etc. Also how do i add effects like hunters mark to a damage roll so it does it all at once?

pacio49
December 3rd, 2015, 21:12
I just started playing a Life Cleric in a 5e game on Friday nights. I -think- you can just left click and hold on the heal icon, and before you release the die into chat or onto the figure you're healing, I believe you can just right click to add in the number of extra dice being rolled by overcasting. Overcasting doesn't multiply the bonus to the healing spell, just the dice rolled, so that should work well. Of course, I'm at work now myself so I can't test the process, but my memory is telling me that's the way to go. I'll verify it later tonight.

If you want to totally automate it, you could go to the Actions tab and create a Power called "Cure Wounds Overcasting". Once you set up the basic power, you can right click and Add An Action multiple times to get one Heal effect per level of overcasting. Then you can click the magnifying glass to the right of each Heal button bar and drag the correct number of dice to the "Heal" line. Once that's done you can just grab and drop the appropriate level of Cure Wounds Heal effect on your target, based on the level of overcasting. But I believe the right-click method of doing this "on the fly" should also work.

I'd have to see the spell Hunter's Mark laid out in front of me to suggest the correct syntax for the Effect you'd need.

Zacchaeus
December 3rd, 2015, 22:03
pacio49 correctly outlines the two possible methods of casting a spell at a higher level. As he says left click and hold the heal then right click to add additional dice before dropping on the target.

As far as adding to the action tab however you don't need to create a separate power group. Drag the initial spell into your actions tab and it will create the heal for a level one spell slot. Now right click over the 'Heal' line and select 'Add Action' and the 'Add Heal'. Now drag 2d8 into the heal section. Repeat this procedure for every level that you need.

For Hunter's Mark, drag the spell into the actions tab and it will set up the effect for you. When you want to use it click the effect button then roll your damage dice. The extra 1d6 damage will automatically be rolled along with the rest of your damage.

If you want to do it manually right click on the spell, select add action then Add effect. Click the little magnifying glass then in the first box type DMG:1d6. Change the 'Targets' to self and the 'Expend?' to next roll and you're done. In general however since the last update virtually all spells will set up the proper effects for you.

More details on how to set up effects here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet) and also here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects).

Quikstryke
December 3rd, 2015, 22:10
Beautiful! Thank you both!