PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling game time with your players

chillman0122
December 2nd, 2015, 23:41
Hi all! I'm fairly new to this, and I was hoping to get a little advice from my fellow DMs/players. I have 5 players who work 3 different shifts over 2 timezones...needless to say, it's difficult to schedule times to play. Do you guys use any tools/software to help manage this? Any help would be appreciated!

JohnD
December 2nd, 2015, 23:59
There's the Game Calendar here. Also you can use email. Some people also use Obsidian Portal.

Personally I have campaign page on the Game Calendar and use the scheduling function there.

Andraax
December 3rd, 2015, 00:00
Doodle (https://doodle.com/) has the advantage of being able to setup many possible time ranges, and everyone then says which of those time ranges they're available to attend. Then the system will recommend the time slot that most of the attendees can attend.

chillman0122
December 3rd, 2015, 00:20
Doodle (https://doodle.com/)

Hello, game-changer.

Mask_of_winter
December 3rd, 2015, 01:08
I use Google Plus Events whenever I can.

Skellan
December 3rd, 2015, 01:12
I have Facebook group for one of mine

damned
December 3rd, 2015, 01:22
its best to try and find one time that every can mostly make and run it at that time every week. if your players do different shift times each week then that will be hard... we have players from Europe, US, New Zealand and Australia but we play the same time every week so its pretty straight forward. The calendar vote option works if you are suggesting times that work for YOU and then the players can vote yes/no. otherwise any of the tools above are good.

GunnarGreybeard
December 3rd, 2015, 03:44
If you use the calendar, make sure everyone has their time zone in their forum profile so it calculates the correct time when people view time you post in the calendar.

LordEntrails
December 5th, 2015, 03:44
its best to try and find one time that every can mostly make and run it at that time every week. if your players do different shift times each week then that will be hard...

I second this. If at all possible, try to stick to a set schedule. Or at least have one preferred time that you always stick to unless 2 (3?) or more players can't attend.

JohnD
December 5th, 2015, 06:54
I schedule in the campaign page using the calendar there. My players know that they need to vote 'yes' or 'no' as to their attendance and that a non vote is considered a 'no'. I require a quorum of 50%+1 of the player roster being able to make a game, otherwise I put it off until the next time. Sometimes life gets in the way for everyone, DM included... but this along with other tactics results in a reliable player base.