PDA

View Full Version : Druid Wild Shape NPC Module

poppy_thompson
December 2nd, 2015, 18:12
Has anyone created a module with all the beasts/creatures/monsters the druids can use with their Wild Shape feature?

kylania
December 2nd, 2015, 19:12
Probably not since I bet that would be considered IP infringement I imagine. Maybe the DMG will ship with features that let you link to DLC content by just a name to allow people to share this kind of thing?

poppy_thompson
December 2nd, 2015, 19:31
Thanks, kylania. Long time no see.

Didn't think about the IP infringement. Makes sense.

I have seen the post about how to share NPCs with players. That seems to be the easiest way. I was playing with that option today using my localhost. I found I can share the creature with one player allowing them to open the stat block. Yet, they could not target enemies. It would apply the targeting to the PC and not the NPC they are controlling. They would need to use the other methods of applying attack rolls and damage rolls, such as clicking and dragging the rolls over the token on the map or combat tracker. Is there a way to make the targeting work the other way?

Griogre
December 2nd, 2015, 19:51
You can just attack with/from the monster's NPC sheet. If you want a list of things a druid could change into I use this site when I play my Druid: https://donjon.bin.sh/5e/monsters/ then just set the filter type to Beasts.

When I play a Druid (I play a circle of the moon druid) I usually have the most common combat shapes hot keyed to my hotkey bar and I open the beast and drag roll it's attacks onto the token or entry on the combat tracker to attack. If I need something else then I'll just request the DM share the the beast so I can hotkey it.

When you're the DM, you can just hotkey the things you want to use. When the NPC druid changes shape then just give him temps equal to the beast's hps. When he runs out of temps it rolls over into his actual hit points and lets you know he lost wild shape. In case you didn't know there are 96 hotkeys in FG by using Shift, Ctrl, Alt combos and I keep my druid's on the Alt Hotkey bar.

Trenloe
December 10th, 2015, 07:45
Yet, they could not target enemies. It would apply the targeting to the PC and not the NPC they are controlling. They would need to use the other methods of applying attack rolls and damage rolls, such as clicking and dragging the rolls over the token on the map or combat tracker. Is there a way to make the targeting work the other way?
1) Add the NPC to the combat tracker.
Then in any order:
2) Change the faction (helmet/face icon) of the NPC in the combat tracker from red to green. This is the main thing you need to do to allow the players to interact with the NPC token on the map.
3) Share the link from the combat tracker with the player.
4) Add the NPC token to a map.
And finally:
5) The player needs to select the token on the map (left-click once so that a dark border surrounds it) then CTRL+left-click on the target - the white target arrow will appear.

poppy_thompson
December 10th, 2015, 14:57
Thanks Trenloe.

Jiminimonka
February 3rd, 2019, 23:38
There are 2 now - here is one - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46890-Druid-Wild-Shapes-(for-5E)