PDA

View Full Version : distances different in different directions.

GrtAndPwrflTrtl
December 2nd, 2015, 04:19
what is going on here and how do i fix it?

dulux-oz
December 2nd, 2015, 04:23
I suspect that you are measuring some of the values from the edge of the Token and some from the centre. The Snap To Grid is probably the root cause of this.

The other thing that might be effecting it is the "rounding" calculations that are converting the number of pixels in difference between the start and end points to the "feet measurements per square".

I tend to measure from centre-to-centre and so haven't seen this before

Cheers

GrtAndPwrflTrtl
December 2nd, 2015, 04:55
I'm not "measuring" anything, i set all 4 of those guys as targets for the dragon. If the program is measuring from the wrong place(and it looks like it is), please tell me what setting changes it, that's why I asked the question. Turning off snap to grid was worth a try, but it didn't work.

ED-changing the map&grid scale by 10% to jump past any rounding threshold doesn't work either.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2015, 05:09
I can recreate something similar:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Issues/Target%20Measurement%20Off.jpg

5E, no extensions.

dulux-oz
December 2nd, 2015, 05:21
I'm not "measuring" anything, i set all 4 of those guys as targets for the dragon. If the program is measuring from the wrong place(and it looks like it is), please tell me what setting changes it, that's why I asked the question. Turning off snap to grid was worth a try, but it didn't work.

ED-changing the map&grid scale by 10% to jump past any rounding threshold doesn't work either.

OK, then its probably a bug of some sort - Moon and the other FG Devs will see this and respond as soon as they can (they're good like that :) ).

damned
December 2nd, 2015, 10:51
I suspect that it isnt handling the 3x3 size of the munster and is basing it off a 2x2 munster...

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2015, 14:33
I suspect that it isnt handling the 3x3 size of the munster and is basing it off a 2x2 munster...
Then the top and left would be 20 feet, not 15.

Griogre
December 2nd, 2015, 18:55
I though the snap center might be a half a square to the right, something easy to do with large round tokens if you are not at 100% scale, but I just tried it and got the same results so - now I can confirm it looks like there is a problem with the range numbers:

https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/FG%20Target%20range%20bug_zpsouudxa7v.png

I thought it might be an auto-scaling problem so I put down a dragon and tokens that were the same scale so I don't think it is that. Fortunately, its easy to reproduce.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2015, 19:25
Yeah, it is pretty easy to reproduce. The top and left distances are OK, but the right and bottom ones are one unit short.

LordEntrails
December 8th, 2015, 21:54
I'm sure it's related to this issue;
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26792-Pointer-Circles-Affected-Squares