PDA

View Full Version : Database issue

JerryRig
December 2nd, 2015, 02:41
Having problems running my Pathfinder game tonight. It seems to be having errors and freezing up the game for all parties in it. if i try to relaunch it freezes in the launch set-up and gives me the attached warning but will not launch the game again. I have been able to get it to launch the game after completely rebooting my cpu but it does'nt last long that the game stays up before same freeze happens. This only seems to be happening on this pathfinder game. Majority of my other games (PF rulesets and other rulesets) are unaffected.

Except I have one other PF ruleset one that had done this same thing to me but I was the only one logged in to my server and it did this same thing and I have never been able to re-access the game folder since as it freezes upon launch.

Need some help to see if I can regain our PF game and all its data.

Advice?

Skellan
December 2nd, 2015, 02:56
I am not sure how to fix the problem, but if you can get into the campaign you might be able to do a quick /export and make a module of all your data. Also export the characters too. It might at least be a temporary fix

JerryRig
December 2nd, 2015, 03:01
I can try that, thanks for the suggestion! I was thinking it might be a memory issue ...but thought I would toss it across the pro's around here and see what it looked like to them.

Griogre
December 2nd, 2015, 18:21
What about cloud storage? Are you using cloud storage? Or having your local drive drive sync to the cloud? FG assumes no lag on drive access and that's not always true with syncing with cloud storage. You will get data corruption eventually in your FG campaign and it *will* appear to be random. If you are using it put the FG folders on the local drive and then back them up manually to the cloud to avoid the problem.