PDA

View Full Version : Long term Pathfinder group looking for new member to finish RotRL campaign and beyond

Wonderhaven
December 1st, 2015, 23:55
Game system: Pathfinder

I have an Ultimate License.

Time Zone: EST (Eastern Standard Time)
Game time: Tuesday 8pm-Midnight
Duration: Indefinite
Frequency: 1x week
Text/Voice: All roleplaying is done over Skype.
Campaign: Rise of the Runelords with more to follow

Hello all,

I am the DM for an established Pathfinder group. We have been running games with our current group for over 2 years now. We recently had a player leave the group due to out of game obligations and as such we are looking to add 1 player with a possible second in the future. Because we have such a good group and a strong bond (I've DM'd for one of the players for over 10 years) we will hold trial sessions before bringing anyone on full-time. If you are invited to play you will join us for 2 sessions as a trial. If you fit well with the group, at the end of those sessions you will be asked to join us for 2 more. After that point we will decide whether to bring you on as a full time member of the group. I'm sorry if this sounds trivial but I'd rather be upfront with you instead of leading you on.

Anyway, more about the game. We are currently just beginning Book 5 of Rise of the Runelords. We are doing a side quest of sorts before book 5 begins and running the 1st Edition classic "Isle of Dread" which I am converting into Pathfinder rules. After the "Isle of Dread" the characters will continue on with the RotRL campaign. This is a long term group. We will be jumping into another campaign after this one is complete.

The group currently consists of a Summoner, Cleric, and Gunslinger. Current character level is 13.

We role-play verbally using Skype and as such you need to have a working microphone and camera. I also stream our sessions live to Twitch and later upload them to YouTube. You need to be ok with an audience watching and be willing to participate in the chat during game. We usually don't draw a big crowd but there are normally 1-2 viewers who love to chat with us while they watch.

Roleplay is big with our group. There is a lot of combat but the last thing we want is someone who is only focused on numbers and not character interaction. Roleplaying should be your primary focus with combat coming second.

We play more or less every single week. I understand life happens and you might need to miss a session here and there. That is completely fine. However, we are looking for someone who is reliable and can make most games.

Between sessions, you will need to write a character journal entry on our message boards. This journal will be a first hand account by your character of what happened in the previous session. You can also use this as an opportunity to flesh our your character and background. I give a lesser hero point type reward to players each week for completing this task.

If the above interests you, by all means shoot me a PM. Tell me a bit about yourself, what you would be interested in playing, and how you think you would fit with the group. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Vhok
December 2nd, 2015, 01:31
sounds amazing if only I wasn't about to begin a rise of the runelords game this Saturday and i haven't done rise before I wouldn't want any spoilers from playing ahead. however if you get any room in the future on different campaigns Tuesdays are great for me and this sounds awesome

Whispers
December 2nd, 2015, 17:42
I am interested in joining this! The time works great for me. I will get that PM sent when I have some time.

kwarner1986
December 2nd, 2015, 18:05
Figures great timeslot for me, but playing the campaign.

Evilbluekoala
December 3rd, 2015, 21:56
I am tempted to join out of the sake of playing with people, but I am not sure how The Runelord works. My last group always came up with our own adventures and didn't use modules.

fatalnightshade
December 3rd, 2015, 23:57
i would love to join been without any group lately and know a little of rotrl granted been nearly a year since i last played it

jasonthelamb
December 4th, 2015, 00:36
I played with Wonderhaven for some time and he is a great DM, I encourage anyone who is thinking about taking the jump and messaging him to do so!

Evilbluekoala
December 8th, 2015, 19:15
Any chance this thread is still open to new players?

rhoule6819
December 8th, 2015, 20:49
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any open spots in this group? I would love to find a be a part of a long term established campaign. I love that its a 50/50 mix and you want characters with depth. A lot of the time I do the character perspective journal in TS anyway as a way for my character to keep notes on whats going on, so I would have no issue with that. I am hoping there is still a spot open, but if there is not I understand and wish luck to who ever got the spot.

Take care,
Ryan